• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Detective Rotom! The Mystery of the Lost Crystal!! (960)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Alola Detective Rotom! The Mystery of the Lost Crystal!!

When he wakes up and heads to the Pokémon School, Ash soon finds that his Electirium Z that he earned has gone missing. Rotom, a huge fan of a crime show on Alolan TV, decides to search for the Electirium Z, wanting to act it out like the protagonist in that show. Will Rotom be able to find the Z-Crystal?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Rotom with the Pokequestion?

Cool.

Oh they referenced the pancake race (I think)? What is this in universe continuity?

Last edited:

Holy157

Rotom connecting with the camera was cool.

The expressions were absolutely over the top this episode, especially Kiawe. I mean, did he plan to commit murder at multiple occassions?

Soniman

Break the Limit
i had no idea what was being said but those faces were fantastic, especially on kiwae, I mean, my god

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Kiawe practically stole the show.

My favourite of the group so far.

Also liked Lillie stepping in to cover Ash (despite him blowing his cover). The whole gang trying to protect Ash was great to be honest.

Rotom sucks as a detective lol. Pikachu trying to get the wig was adorable to watch.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yikes, this episode was just horrible! Is this Pokemon or Tom and Jerry? 100℅ slapstick humour, without any serious moments at all, with everyone making funny faces, with the Z-crystal ultimately being found from a place which would make even the most serious of guys laugh xD. Hugely disappointing episode, I hope the next episode(which also seems to be a fillerish one) plays out better than this. 1/10(because I feel it bad to give a big zero).

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Yikes, this episode was just horrible! Is this Pokemon or Tom and Jerry? 100℅ slapstick humour, without any serious moments at all, with everyone making funny faces, with the Z-crystal ultimately being found from a place which would make even the most serious of guys laugh xD. Hugely disappointing episode, I hope the next episode(which also seems to be a fillerish one) plays out better than this. 1/10(because I feel it bad to give a big zero.

Tom and Jerry is actually great though?

I really enjoyed it. It's made me appreciate Rotom more as a character of all things. Now I'm 75:25 on liking/disliking it.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
So what happened to the Z-Crystal? Did they manage to find it?

Also, I don't appreciate the fact that someone is calling this episode horrible just based on the humor alone.

This obviously isn't XYZ anymore, so we can't just show bias because some of us believe that it's the definitive Pokémon series. I personally think it's overrated.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

Ash took it out at night and left it on the desk. Rotom took off its wig and threw it over the Electrium-Z without realising it.

Then it got caught in the wig when Rotom picked it up and put it on - and was revealed to all when Pikachu started rummaging through the hair in school.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Also, I don't appreciate the fact that someone is calling this episode horrible just based on the humor alone.

This obviously isn't XYZ anymore, so we can't just show bias because some of us believe that it's the definitive Pokémon series. I personally think it's overrated.

Pokemon is an adventure show, so serious moments are obviously required here, even in fillers. Slapstick is ok, but the amount of slapstick humour shouldn't be overdone like SM006 and this episode has. These two episodes just seem like an episode of a fun show like Tom and Jerry. This is just too much in my opinion.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Ash took it out at night and left it on the desk. Rotom took off its wig and threw it over the Electrium-Z without realising it.

Then it got caught in the wig when Rotom picked it up and put it on - and was revealed to all when Pikachu started rummaging through the hair in school.

I started laughing at how Rotom was considered the culprit and Kiawe began chasing him instead. Ash is gonna have to get a new Rotomdex... XD

And it's fine to think that there's too much humor. I personally believe there's been an imbalance in just a few episodes as opposed to others.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
IT'S DETECTIVE TIME~~~!

-This is so nice seeing everyone having a good time watching a detective drama tv show. Even Prof Kukui looks interested. This gives off family bonding moments. Pikachu's face while he's eating reminds me of Goomy. :p

-I don't know why but what'shisname blonde detective guy's shirt looks like Bakugames (the colors). And the doctor/lady has the same hairstyle as Looker/Prof Juniper. :eek:

-BWHAHAHA!! Ash fell asleep! :D Rotom shut up! Can't you see he's trying to sleep! Rotom practicing how the blonde dective says words remind me on how we used to pretend we're superheroes as kids. ^_^

-Wow, it's so cool seeing Kukui was watching Ash train with Rowlet! That's the last time he saw them using a Normal Z Crystal but not the Electric one.

-They keep switching desk seats!!! @_@

-Poor Pikachu

-Shiron can fit in the bubble but I wished they combined their attacks to make an ice balloon lol. Shiron and Lillie sound so happy! :3

-Kiawe's getting suspicious!! Uh oh...O_O

-That whole scene!!! :eek: Kiawe you demon spawn, I can't believe Ash was right in expecting how he was going to react! :eek:

-So Kiawe took it? We should've known he left it in his room before sleeping. :/ Majority of our predictions came true.

-Piakchu just can't stop tugging on Rotom's blonde wig!! :D

-OH MY GOD!!! Kiawe's about to murder it!!

This is probably my least favorite episode so far. Yup it was filler but it was... kind of boring. I did like that Rotom didn't talk as much as we thought it would and Kiawe's scenes were the greatest but everyone else didn't really do much. I do like seeing them practice and show off their progress like Lana improving on her bubble consistency. Overall, it was an ok episode. Pikachu and Kiawe sold the episode for me. :)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
SM anime needs to be converted into avatars...all sorts of captions/faces to use.

Ash's inner Picasso, Kiawe inner demonic rage, Kukui jojo...I just can't

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
wow i enjoyed this episode i lot more than i thought i would. kiawe and pikachu were the ones who stole this episode for me. also i liked how ash's classmates tried to go along with him and hide the fact that ash lost his z-crystal.

also is this the first time they played looker's theme in the anime? don't remember too well.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Ah ha! So the doctor did it! He hid the diamonds/jewels in the Sableye dolls!

I like how everyone tried to protect Ash from Kiawe not knowing that Ash lost his crystal lol. Was that a Gastly shirt the video guy had on? Funny expressions though in this episode, especially Kiawe's and some of Pikachu's, like when Pikachu couldn't get into the building and guy was excited to see a Pikachu or when both Pikachu and Rotomdex were up top by the bell with Komala. Shiron being in one of Popplio's balloons was cute too.

Anyway, while I didn't understand the dialogue, I pretty much figured out that Rotomdex was going to be the culprit, but for the wrong reasons. After they watched the show and Ash went to sleep...it looked to me that Rotomdex was annoying Ash and that maybe Rotomdex was going to take the crystal, just so it can play detective for day, and have some fun (at Ash's expense). I thought maybe Rotomdex was going to be a bit devious in that regard, however, it turned out that the crystal was just accidently in its wig the whole time. I guess that's kind of funny, but it's also a bit lame lol.

Overall, this is my least favorite episode of the series so far, but it's not the worst Pokemon episode that I've ever seen.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
however, it turned out that the crystal was just accidently in its wig the whole time. I guess that's kind of funny, but it's also a bit lame lol.
It also gave good reason and use of Pikachu tugging Rotomdex's wig instead of it being just a funny gag like in the last episode where there were a couple of Magikarp splashing back into the water in one scene.

valvenya

At the end I got a feeling that Pikachu really knew that Z-Crystal was there. He wasn't surprised when found it.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
At the end I got a feeling that Pikachu really knew that Z-Crystal was there. He wasn't surprised when found it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pikachu knew that the Electrium-Z was in Rotomdex's wig; that's why he kept tugging on it throughout the entire episode. However, he never got a chance to tell Rotomdex (or anyone else) that that's where the Electrium-Z was until the very end.

The best part of this episode was the facial expressions. They were so over the top and hilarious that they made up for the fact that the premise of this episode was rather boring to begin with. And Kiawe just totally stole this episode.

The second best part of this episode was Lillie, Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles trying to help Ash hide from Kiawe that he'd lost the precious Z-Crystal he'd received from Tapu Koko. The sheer amount of effort they put into it, and the fact that Kiawe grew more and more suspicious throughout the episode, were absolutely hilarious. I did have to shake my head, though, at Sophocles nearly blowing their cover. And I nearly face-palmed at Ash carelessly blowing his own cover.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
lol for a second i thought my theory from two weeks ago was correct (that kiawe would be the culprit) when rotom started accusing kiawe, but then i facepalmed so hard when it turned out the z-crystal was in rotom's wig the entire time. rotom deserved to get chased out of the school grounds by kiawe lmao.