• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Detective Rotom! The Mystery of the Lost Crystal!! (960)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT THIS HERE--

This episode was so good??? Like it had Rotom go around meeting new people and making friends with the lady because she liked that detective guy too was super cute--and then where the Z-Crystal was located made the whole episode.

10/10 I hope Rotom gets more episodes in the future.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Just watched the episode. Probably my least favorite one so far, but still entertaining. Rotom completely failed at deduction and Pikachu knew the whole time. Next week is Mallow's time to shine finally!

DatsRight

The fillers of XY were mostly all about the gang members instead of some CotD. There were very very few CotD + TR stealing pokemon episodes I can remember in XY. That was one of the advantages XY have over past series filler. Something similiar was also in DP, but instead of giving some protagonists minor spotlight/development, they actually focused on recurring characters and fixing some plot holes of previous series.

Can't really agree with you there. But maybe because XY's filler ratio was actually low enough due to the character centric fillers to give me the feeling that the rest of the episodes (filler) are actual classic filler.

The majority I remember (later on at least) were either full on TR face-offs (even if SOME were pretty good, the Pokeball factory episode), or stories that had potential but instead had TR interrupt them and get defeated the exact same old way rather than giving it a proper payoff (eg. almost any Serena focused episode). The odd ones that focused solely on the twerps I remember not being brilliant due to the too overly pleasant nature of the XY twerp cast and not delving enough into extra depths for them besides the odd repeated character gag, they needed weird stuff to happen TO them (eg. the spooky house one).

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT THIS HERE--

This episode was so good??? Like it had Rotom go around meeting new people and making friends with the lady because she liked that detective guy too was super cute--and then where the Z-Crystal was located made the whole episode.

10/10 I hope Rotom gets more episodes in the future.

lol idk why but i also found that moment where rotom made friends with that janitor lady and said "yay!" to be really cute

DatsRight

lol idk why but i also found that moment where rotom made friends with that janitor lady and said "yay!" to be really cute

It was cute to have some interactions where Rotom was perfectly friendly with another person instead of annoying or weirding them out.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Sheesh, I haven't see this much rage since the Red Lantern comics.

snorlax512

My fav characters in S&M right now:

Ash > Lillie = Kiawe > Rotom > Samson Oak = Kukui > Lana > Mallow

Sophocles is too bad to be counted as a character.

DatsRight

I dunno Sophocles got some funny lines in this one. Bit closer to how I expected him to turn out, a bit more snarky and morbid (though more surprisingly, everyone agrees with him on this one, Ash really IS doomed). XD

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I like the lighthearted humor, it was quite simply a fine episode. Not entirely sold on Rotom focus, but I don't think I'd mind another one of these episodes in the future.

Listen, is that the Looker's theme I hear?
It seems to be playing loud and clear!

(Joking aside, is this the first time that the Looker theme is played in the anime?)

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Music was on point. Kiawe's rage was pretty hilarious. Episode still hasn't sold me on Rotomdex and the whole detective shtick, while intended to be over the top, was a bit too over the top for me. Decent filler.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
Hello I am new hear...

I just wanted to clear something out. Since Rotom learned a new technique hear "Upgraded his camera to record video" does this episode not count as filler xD as I could see them using this new technique for storyline purposes when Ash needs to review battles for assessing mistakes etc.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Hello I am new hear...

I just wanted to clear something out. Since Rotom learned a new technique hear "Upgraded his camera to record video" does this episode not count as filler xD as I could see them using this new technique for storyline purposes when Ash needs to review battles for assessing mistakes etc.

i guess in technical terms, that could not make it a filler. but since anyone could basically skip this episode and assume rotom has a video camera function, the general consensus is that it's a filler.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Hello I am new hear...

I think they'll have episodes with Rotom focus every once in a while to give him updates like how we could update our camera in the game. I can see at least 2 to 4 episodes more of him upgrading.

So I'm gonna watch the episode and comment here from my phone as it plays.

-Right, this episode has only just started and I swear I can resognise Raki's voice actor.
-Why does Raki remind me of Mohn's design?
-Where did they get the popcorn? I wanna get popcorn in my Moon copy...
-Rotom being an anime fan right there. Full cosplay, predictions, becoming obsessed with a series...
-AWWW! Why can't we see who the culprit is? Damn...
-OP, yep. Seen it all before.
-Oh, so we do see! And Rotom, being the super-analyser anime fan he is, got it wrong because anime is weird.
-I now relate to a Pokedex on a spiritual level, god help.
-So the guy doesn't have an Alola Dugtrio? Aww...
-I'm sorry but O S*IIIIIT DAT BURN THO kill me now
-So wait this is the first time Pokemon has had a reference to a murder mystery? Yay, Pokemon went all Miss Marple on us and it's cool :D
-Raki's chin is weird...
-Right these two are anime dorks. Already I'm loving this episode.
-Ash isn't an anime fan... another thing I can't relate to him on.
-Rotom is literally being my sister after watching a good anime right now. This episode has allowed me to die happy.
-Anime character impressions... and Rotom deserves an oscar for it.
-RIP in pepperoni Ash's Z-crystal.
-RIP in burned pizza Ash Ketchum.
-This episode is just the otaku bonanza.
-Kiawe looked so confused then XD
-Practicing Z-moves in school? Is that safe?
-I love how Kukui didn't question why the floating pokedex wasn't with Ash.
-Don't tell me the odds, Rotom!
-Really, Pikachu? Do it later, when the marketing status of the anime isn't in danger.
-Pikachu found a landmine. Great.
-Punzzzz...
-I thought that was gonna be a reference to XY's PR videos, but nope. Aww...
-Rotom got high on popcorn.
-Oh, Kukui, you really had to...
-Why am I loving this so much?
-Kiawe really should've gotten the message right now.
-It had to be Sophocles... this is it, guys. The most relevant he'll ever become is being the indirect cause of Ash's imminent death.
-Oh, nope.
-Kiawe, you still haven't got it yet?
-It's a staring contest. And a confusing one at that.
-Even the police guard is a fangirl this episode. This is golden.
-Dude, Pikachu is a boy. It's a pretty obvious gender difference.
-Wait, DID YOU JUST ASSUME PIKACHU'S GENDER?!
-Because mopping is important apparently.
-The friendship between mop woman and Rotom is literally the only way I make friends.
-The cameraman sounds oddly like Kamiya Hiroshi...
-Rotom's transformation sequence right there.
-Took you long enough to notice, Kiawe.
-That is the actual weirdest Ash face I've ever seen.
-*Slow claps Ash*
-That went from Jojo's to One Punch Man in about four seconds.
-Right. That Kiawe moment has labelled this as my new favourite episode ever.
-Just tell us already Rotom.
-... Well, Kiawe.
-New best Kiawe reaction face.
-That was dramatic until the next frame showed Kiawe's height.
-Uhh, Rotom, wrong hand. For both of them.
-So many Kiawe faces I can't right now.
-So Ash forgot he had pockets? Wait, that's it?
-So Pikachu can like sense the Crystal or something. Ok then.
-That's what happens when you cosplay, kids.
-Quick reminder that this isn't One Punch Man. Even though Kiawe is played by the same VA as Genos...
-Rotom is now YouTube.
-Ending on a thought - what did it take to calm Kiawe down after discovering Rotom was the culprit?

Right, I fell in love with this episode. New tied favourite along with ep11.

Egitim

Poet Girl
This was a great episode. I love how cute Pikachu was, trying to pull at the wig all the time. People should listen to Pikachu more hahaha.

(also Kiawe and the mop lady are the best parts of the episode)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So I'm gonna watch the episode and comment here from my phone as it plays.
-snip-

I don't think that's meant to be an anime. It's supposed to be live-action probably, we just can't tell the difference.

NPT

Just a member
Welp, Kiawe pretty much saved this episode for me. If it wasn't for him, this episode would've been yet another not-so-funny slapstickfest like SM012.