• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Forms & New Pokémon

Pathfinder

No Angel
Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Primarene, the legendaries and maybe Golisopod are going to be the OU.
Some other like Wishiwashi School form and Kommo-o probably Borderline (OU/UU)
The rest either RU or NU.

The speed lack in this generation tied with the mostly lower defensive stats are going to be a problem for the new pokemon.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Primarene, the legendaries and maybe Golisopod are going to be the OU.
Some other like Wishiwashi School form and Kommo-o probably Borderline (OU/UU)
The rest either RU or NU.

The speed lack in this generation tied with the mostly lower defensive stats are going to be a problem for the new pokemon.

Uh, what? Prismarina is sadly a very lackluster Pokemon. It lacks recovery and while it has nice typing Azumarill gives it competition in an offensive role as it has priority and a much higher damage output thanks to Huge Power. Prismarina will most likely be relegated to niche tank roles in UU, and even there he has to compete with Suicune and Swampert who can do many of the same things she can do and more. Gosilopod's ability ruins any chance it has as a sweeper and instead forces it to be an offensive pivot (and not a very good one either) but I guess it could see some usage in the higher tiers thanks to its access to like 3 different priority moves, and the box legendaries are getting quickbanned (unless you meant the Tapus. Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini are both lackluster in singles and outclassed by other Pokemon, but Koko has some uses and Lele is quite the stallbreaking monster).

Toxapex is an easy OU pick thanks to its titanic defenses, recovery, Regenerator, Haze, and synergy with other common OU staples like Ferrothorn. Magearna is also most likely an OU-worthy threat thanks to its amazing typing and offensive synergy with the newly buffed Dugtrio, which brings me to Dugtrio himself. +20 Attack is just enough to make him a relevant trapper, and Magnezone and Gothitelle are/were proof that trappers can be the absolute worst threats to face.

In the end, though, it's useless to speculate about what tier various Pokemon are going to end up in, because we simply don't know what the metagame will look like. For instance, Gengar's spot in OU will be safe despite losing Levitate if Aegislash and Marshadow are banned, but what if they're not?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So some initial thoughts on a few Pokemon after using them/facing them:

Minior: Likely OU or BL, it's form changing + Shell Smash is what makes it so strong. You can easily get a Shell Smash in with 60/100/100 for HP and defenses, slap a White Herb on it so it gets those defense losses wiped, and if you're lucky the opposing player will get you to 50% and activate Shields Down. Then you can simply wipe the floor with Acrobatics, Earthquake, and Stone Edge.

Mudsdale: Likely UU, I thought it would easily be OU, but it's just 'eh'. It's ability is great, but it would enjoy SpD boosts more than Def boosts. It hits hard, but Tapu Bulu just straight up counters it hard, and Pokemon like Celesteela and Kartana don't mind it's attacks and defense boosts. I can't see it being any higher or lower than UU.

Toxapex: Torn between UU and OU. It looks AMAZING on paper, but in action it's more of a less useful and more annoying Ferrothorn. With Steel/Poison types being immune to poison and Poison types wiping toxic spikes from the field, it literally checks and counters itself, and honestly it would have good synergy with Salazzle in doubles with a Merciless set, but it's attack stats are nothing special and the two get hit HARD by Earthquakes, so unless you're running Air Balloon on Salazzle and Baneful Bunker on Toxapex it won't work out too greatly in the long run.

Mimikyu: UU or BL. It's ability allows you to get a free Bulk Up or Swords Dance, which is absolutely nothing to shrug off. This thing has max 320 speed, which is pretty decent, but it also has Shadow Sneak and 3 immunities. Slap a Life Orb on it and you'll be dealing a massive amount of damage. You can either choose full out offense set with SD or a bulkier set with Bulk Up, either works perfectly.

Celesteela: OU. This thing is scary. It's stat spread allows you to choose which stat you want to boost via Beast Boost, and that combined with it's amazing bulk and pretty good movepool makes it a force to be reckoned with. It can go special, physical, mixed, and bulky. It's got an amazing typing which only makes it weak to Fire and Electric and grants it two immunities.

Pheromosa: Honestly don't know. It's not as OP as many claim it is tbh. It literally dies to most priority moves, it's a great wallbreaker, but the fact it just boosts speed after each kill instead of Att/SpA is upsetting. However, it's like a Deoxys rip-off, so I can see it being Ubers worthy, but I think it may remain OU.

Komala: RU, it's an amazing status absorber. It'll gladly take any sleep-inducing move without a care in the world since it can still attack whilst sleeping, and it has a great movepool with some aight stats. It has access to Rapid Spin/Wish/Bulk Up/Return/Play Rough/Earthquake/Wood Hammer/Sucker Punch/U-Turn/Swords Dance/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide and more. However the fact it's so slow like most mons' this gen keeps it from being TOO good, and due to it's low defense, it won't be happy to face-off against anything with Close Combat/Superpower/Hammer Arm/Drain Punch/etc...

Still toying around with other mons', but these are my thoughts on some of the ones I've seen/tried out. Also, Porygon-Z with Z-Conversion + Shadow Ball is super scary.