1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Alola league predictions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by mehmeh1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

we're in SM's last year, so we're about to head into the alola league, what do you think will happen there? Who will ash face and in which round? Who will win? Who will ash use? Will there be any 6v6 matches? I think the last one depends on if ash walks out of poni island with a new capture or not. Anyways, this is what I think will happen if we do get 6v6 matches and assuming the league is with:
    32 participants:
    top 32-ash vs CotD, kiawe vs ilima, maybe snippets of gladion/hau vs CotD (1v1)
    top 16-ash vs illima (2v2, maybe doubles)
    top 8-ash vs gladion (3v3)
    top 4-ash vs hau (4v4)
    finals-ash vs masked royal (6v6), masked royal wins

this could also happen if guzma enters the league:
    top32 same as before
    top 16-ash vs gladion (guzma eliminates illima offscreen) 3v3
    top 8 ash vs hau 3v3
    top 4 ash vs masked royal 6v6
    finals masked royal vs guzma, MR wins (off screening most of it or having it be quick)

or if ash fights guzma...
    top 32-top 8 same as the first one
    top 4-ash vs hau, guzma vs masked royal (6v6, guzma vs MR shown like alain vs remo KL)
    finals ash vs guzma (ash wins the league for the first time, though that will never happen so ignore this scenario)

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Toshiya Sato vs Goro Honda

Ash will most likely lose, or he could win but then he'll definitely lose the gen 8 league.

As for match ups it'll possibly be 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 match ups at the very most. I don't see full battles happening in this league.

I also think Kiawe will enter, maybe Lana and/or Lillie as well.

I'm expecting an underwhelming and lackluster league.

3. maartjeverhoef

maartjeverhoef Well-Known Member

It's not really a prediction and it's rather unlikely, but if we'll hace CotD at the league, I'd be overjoyed if he would be based on Youngster Tristan from the games.

BTS_fan and Leonhart like this.
  4. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

-Ash losing.
    -Max 3vs3 battles for the finals (and against Hau)
    -Speaking of him, Ash will lose the league to him (or Dia)
    -POSSIBLY Misty and Brock watching Ash's league battles.

I actually want him to win the league but with this team and how the series as a whole lacked battles, I don't want him to win his first league in a region where I barely saw him battling.

pokfans likes this.
  5. -Ash is going to lose
    - The battles is 3 vs 3
    -Hau, Kiawe, Cladion, Kukui, Lana and possibly Guzma is going to participate in the league.

Jerimiyah and BTS_fan like this.
  6. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

I hope lana stays away from the league, she is not a battler and nor has any battling based goals or even has battled much in SM, her only battle was against water totem and that was PIS, and in the preview of new year when they were talking about rivals in SM section they did stopped at kiawe's face for few moments meaning that they are treating him as a rival which means he should be at the league.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  7. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I'm expecting a lackluster league with it's own rules and not many people. Even if Ash does win it won't be much of a league so the win at least imo is meh. If it is Ash vs Guzma in the finals and he loses that would be...well weird.

8. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

Ash wins the league, period!

Jerimiyah and KenzeyEevee like this.
  9. MidnightMelody

If the league has Brock and Misty back as rivals I am down as long as they are not for Ash. Seeing random battles like Brock vs Gladion or Misty vs Kiwaie would be nice over random people who don't matter. As long as the battles are not totally one sided or rushed it could be a solid league which we are in need off.

Ash-Pikachu likes this.
  10. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Misty and Brock won't be in the league, I seriously have no idea why this keeps getting brought up. lol

All the leagues are only 7 eps long, we already know Ash is battling Gladion and Hau, and Kiawe will be there. There's not even much time for most other battles. Maybe one or two other characters, likely the character who beats Ash.

11. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

Well the narrator said something about hopefully we’ll see Brock and Misty again and Misty and Ash made a comment about battling again. Not saying they will come back for the league, but it’s understandable while people might think they will.
    Plus the way this league’s looking, it wouldn’t hurt to have some extra competition.

Honestly, I kind of have hopes Ash will win this league since it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be taken as seriously as previously leagues. Maybe he can win this and they’ll treat it like his OI win. Or maybe I just shouldn’t get my hopes up lol.

Jerimiyah, pokfans and MidnightMelody like this.
  12. MidnightMelody

That and I have yet to see Kukui even sell the league. It would be nice to see him on a tv talking about it or something to advertise it since it seems at this rate like 3 to 4 people may join

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  13. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

-Ash losing

AznKei and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  14. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

ayy

15. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

Well, I think Ash can win the league, but this will mean nothing, this league seems more like a random tournament. What are the requirements to participate?

16. flod1

flod1 Active Member

I Think he will make it into the final round and then lose to the Zerora Trainer, and after that he will go home and start a new journey.

Seriously, that Zerora trainer is too powerful for a schoolkid like him

Ash could probably have taken him down if he would still have the skills he had from the last series.

17. snorlax512

snorlax512 Well-Known Member

I think Ash will lose to Kukui in the final then become Champion in gen 8. Either that or this is like BW where he does worse than the previous gen (and probably get 4th).

^Zeraora guy isn't even in the same universe as Ash lol

18. flod1

flod1 Active Member

o I forgot that. Then I guess he will lose to Hau or masked Royal in the final round.

19. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Professor Oak's Long Lost Ex

Eh...not expecting much, but...

-No 6 on 6 battles
    -Short or lame battles ala BW (as much as it pains me to say that)
    -The shortest League ever?

Hell, I can't even believe they're having a League at all considering how little battling or training has happened this series...:confused:

LilligantLewis likes this.
  20. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

I'm going to add to what I said.

Instead of just:

-Ash losing

now:

-Ash losing to an anime-original character.

this show is so predictable.

AznKei and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.