1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Alola league predictions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by mehmeh1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

even if dia somehow entered, he doesn't even own zeraora or any other pokemon, and pikachu was going on par with him in their last battle

2. xinfernapex

xinfernapex Sinnoh Champion

It’s hard to make specific battle predictions when most characters have no more that 4 Pokemon on their team. As for the matchups (that we will actually see), I predict;

Round 1 (1vs1)
    Ash vs Cotd (Pikachu star)
    Kiawe vs Cotd (Turtonator)
    Ilima vs Cotd (Gumshoos)
    Hau vs Cotd (Decidueye)
    Gladion vs Cotd (Lycanroc)
    Kukui/Royal Mask vs Cotd (Incineroar)

Round 2 (skipped/brief win moments)

Round 3 (3vs3)
    Ash vs Ilima (Ash wins, Pikachu star)
    Kiawe vs Gladion (Gladion wins, Silvally star)
    Hau vs Cotd (Hau wins, Alolan Raichu star)
    Kukui/Royal Mash vs Cotd (Kukui wins, Incineroar star)

Round 4 (3vs3 or 6vs6)
    Ash vs Hau (Ash wins, Rowlet star?)
    Gladion vs Cotd (Gladion wins, Umbreon star)
    Kukui/Royal Mash vs Cotd (Kukui wins, Incineroar star)

Round 5 (6vs6)
    Ash vs Gladion (Ash wins, Lycanroc star)
    Kukui/Royal Mask vs Cotd (Kukui wins, Incineroar star)

Round 6 (6vs6)
    Ash vs Kukui/Masked Royal (Final matchup Torracat/Incineroar vs Incineroar)

I could see Royal Mask entering the league after being encouraged by all his fans including Burnet, feeling like he cannot turn down a challenge. I could see a lot of comedic moments when changing between Kukui and Royal Mask between battles, similar to the last few Royal Mask episodes. I don’t expect this to be a very long league at all.

3. flod1

flod1 Active Member

If Dia would have entered, I'd would be pretty sure that he would battle with Zeraora. It seemed like they were really Close and therefore it would have been an easy Catch for him (maybe without a battle)

4. MackBlasta

MackBlasta New Member

Ash will lose if the tournament even means anything, if it's one of the unimportant ones like the Orange league or Battle Frontier he might win.

pokfans likes this.
  5. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

After seeing the post credit scenes for SM 103, I’m claiming Brock and Misty are coming back for the league. They mentioned how they WANT to come back plus earlier in the episode Ash and Misty mention battling again and the narrator hints at us possibly seeing them in Alola again. Also, I don’t think they gave Brock a new capture for NO reason. It since the league is lacking competitors it makes perfect sense to me.

6. snorlax512

snorlax512 Well-Known Member

Ash always says we'll battle again then forgets about it though. Poor samurai is till waiting in Viridian forest for that rematch after 20 years time.

04n70n10 and Genaller like this.
  7. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

But that isn’t the only reason why I think they’re returning, I stated other reasons in my post.

MidnightMelody, 04n70n10 and Zhydra like this.
  8. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Continuity comes and goes in the whole pokemon anime series. SM is around the few that actually make use of recurring characters and as of the last two episodes, Brock and Misty are recurring characters.

When an episode hints at something becoming relevant again later on, IT WILL be relevant.

The Electrium Z Tapu Koko sneaked in, became a different Z crystal/ big finishing move in the Aether Arc.

Lillie's mysterious poke phobia that was a running gag throughout the series and how it was hinted at... became a central focus on the Aether Arc. (Gets foreshadowed with Gladion and Type:Null! To boot!)

Lillie's growth after the Aether Arc, shown in the background... but the Lillie we saw early in the series isn't the one we are seeing now and once she becomes relevant again. (RR arc.) It will be a big contrast.

Giovanni being more involved in the plot... became a side plot during the Necrozma Arc and is going to be hinted at more coming.

Misty and Brock promising they will visit Alola after their return over a year ago. These last two episodes end up happening. (Anyone saying it is to promote Let's Go really needs to remember that promise.)

These two being back for the finale isn't a stretch of the imagination.

9. snorlax512

snorlax512 Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t they have to complete the grand trials first? Unless it’s gonna be an open league o_O

10. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be completely stupid if out of nowhere appeared several trainer who completed all trials.

11. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I've become extremely cynical to Pokemon leagues, so it would be an honest surprise if Ash wins. If that miracle happens, in order to justify Ash moving to a new region he could have Professor Kukui serve as the champion

If they want to be crazy, have the out of nowhere trainer turn out to be Ash's father. Or maybe Professor Kukui will turn out to be Ash's father all along to make it the hypest fanservice ever!

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  12. flod1

flod1 Active Member

oh yeah, that's a new level

Sceptile Leaf Blade likes this.
  13. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Toshiya Sato vs Goro Honda

It would be totally random.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ash lose to his father in a league tbh

14. RedJirachi

I'm pretty convinced Ash's father was supposed to have been his final opponent in the original Indigo League, back when they only planned to do the first generation. It might explain why he never appears despite being mentioned in the second episode

15. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Yeah, this league is gonna suck. Their are hardly any battles this series.

16. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

A noteworthy thing is that the Kanto league is the only one that did not show the champion.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  17. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Pretty certain that Brock was given his Comfey by a Nurse Joy. Remember that he is taking up a goal as a Pokemon Doctor, so his chances of using Comfey for battling are unlikely.

18. Agustin Gomez

Agustin Gomez TheShiningBald

Actually i love the idea of Ash facing Guzma in the finals after they defeat Gladion and Kukui respectively.
    But my prediction goes like this. Ash only captures one more Pokemon and he battles Gladion in the finals 6v6. The catch? As they're going to send their last Pokemon, Solgaleo and Lunala appear and they battle for each one in an epic finale. Beat that.

pokfans likes this.
  19. RedJirachi

Ash could win, they just could have it that because he's on his Pokemon journey the runner-up gets to keep the position. That way they can explain why the show can keep going on when Ash is champion, the difficulty of which being the REAL reason why Ash only wins filler leagues

20. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

Since it is the first Kukui could open it to all and make it more exclusive next time. I am worried how were this close to a league arc and he has four pokemon. Sure he could use reserves but still. We have never really had a full on solid team since like Sinnoh. Unova he rotated a lot and he never had a team of 6 in Kalos while travelling,