• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola league predictions

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Ash could win, they just could have it that because he's on his Pokemon journey the runner-up gets to keep the position. That way they can explain why the show can keep going on when Ash is champion, the difficulty of which being the REAL reason why Ash only wins filler leagues

You forgot that title defense is a thing in the Alola Games. Where you become the Champion that others try to beat because they want that title for themselves. So you crush them like bugs!

Ash wins the league... maybe, he relishes his title for a few episodes and then loses it towards the end of the series. Resetting things to the status quo while giving its own twist to it.

Jeal

You forgot that title defense is a thing in the Alola Games. Where you become the Champion that others try to beat because they want that title for themselves. So you crush them like bugs!

Ash wins the league... maybe, he relishes his title for a few episodes and then loses it towards the end of the series. Resetting things to the status quo while giving its own twist to it.
But for that the challenger would have to win the league, otherwise there would be no sense in participating in it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
heh, the opening pretty much confirms that ash's final or at least his "climax" match will be vs kukui

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
heh, the opening pretty much confirms that ash's final or at least his "climax" match will be vs kukui
Unless that’s just some 1 on 1 training match which would piss me off. After Eevee I’m just being careful

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Unless that’s just some 1 on 1 training match which would piss me off. After Eevee I’m just being careful
just some 1 on 1 training match........on the league stadium. Also, looking closer at the old version, one could see that eevee's head was tilted a bit, looking at lana, and vice-versa

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
just some 1 on 1 training match........on the league stadium. Also, looking closer at the old version, one could see that eevee's head was tilted a bit, looking at lana, and vice-versa
I mean he is making the league so him being able to do that is actually very possible. Honestly the last few leagues have made me annoyed so I’m expecting nothing. Last good league imo was Hoenn

Epicocity

Don't forget that the final OP of DP showed Ash facing all his rivals with almost all his reserves, when he never faced Barry and only used about 6 reserves. While it's likely, nothing's certain.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I made a list of predictions:

Likely(and more serious predictions):
The league is going to be 3v3
Kiawe joins with Charizard as his third
Kiawe is eliminated somewhat early
Ash reaches finals again and faces Masked Royal, losing but with an epic battle.
Ash battles every rival of the generation instead of random people: Kiawe, Hau, Gladion and then Kukui/Royal
Ash uses 10.000.000 thunderbolt in the last battle

Unlikely but possible:
Ash loses to Gladion or Hau
Torracat evolves during the face-off with Masked Royal and the final becomes Incineroar vs Incineroar
In the heat of the battle Kukui loses his mask and is revealed
Ash wins the league, since it's the first one and has smaller battles
League leads to Rainbow Rocket arc
Dia appears from another dimension and defeats Ash in the league
Misty and/or Brock join the league
Kiawe uses Pokémon from his farm instead of Charizard or if the league is 6v6
Ash uses his Ultra Guardian Garchomp
Poipole returns
Ash uses reserves
League 6v6, Ash catches a pokémon and uses Tauros in the league since he was the only one mentioned aside from those fanservice episodes
Guzma joins the league
Raki joins the league
Ryuki appears

Surprises(aka weird flexes):
Mohn defeats Ash
League is 6v6 and Rotom gets out of the pokédex(already proved possible)
Tapu Koko challenges Ash during the finals and Masked Royal/?? accepts it
Team Rocket joins the league(disguised?) with Mareanie Mimikyu and Bewear
Lillie joins the battle with Ninetales and her mother's pokémon
Lana joins the league with Brionne, Eevee(or Vaporeon) and Dewpider
Mallow joins the league with Tsareena, Oranguru and Shaymin(?)
Sophocles joing the league with Togedemaru Vikavolt and a pokémon from his cousin
Giovanni disguises joins the league and league leads to RR
Nebby or Greninja return
Serena returns

Last edited:

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Lillie's gonna evolve Shiron and her one and only Z-move will be her beating Ash and becoming Alola's first champion

You know, the scariest thing about that prediction is that it is not out of the realm of possibility for this League. I wonder what the reaction would be, though, if that actually did happen.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nothing is theoretically outside of the realm of possibility. But Twilight-Kun's suggestion is right up there on the edge of statistical impossibility. It's not going to happen. Vulpix is going to evolve at some point and it will use Subzero Slammer at some point, but winning the league is just not going to happen. Twilight-Kun's post is nothing more than "I hate SM and instead of recognising I have a different preference I'm going to insist they've got terrible writing and therefore they're going to do this awful thing that makes no sense." Winning a league is not what Lillie's development is about. It's not going to happen. It is completely inconsistent with anything Sun and Moon has done up to this point.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Nothing is theoretically outside of the realm of possibility. But Twilight-Kun's suggestion is right up there on the edge of statistical impossibility. It's not going to happen. Vulpix is going to evolve at some point and it will use Subzero Slammer at some point, but winning the league is just not going to happen. Twilight-Kun's post is nothing more than "I hate SM and instead of recognising I have a different preference I'm going to insist they've got terrible writing and therefore they're going to do this awful thing that makes no sense." Winning a league is not what Lillie's development is about. It's not going to happen. It is completely inconsistent with anything Sun and Moon has done up to this point.
I’m almost positive they were joking

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zhydra said:

I don't see how him becoming Alola's Champion and losing his title later would be any better than him not winning it at all. So many fans would complain that the writers "trolled" them if they pulled a switcheroo like that.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I don't see how him becoming Alola's Champion and losing his title later would be any better than him not winning it at all. So many fans would complain that the writers "trolled" them if they pulled a switcheroo like that.

They complained to no end about all the hype from his Greninja and where that went, (A let down that is only rivaled by the fact Eevee was going into Lana's dive ball.) some people were crazy enough to blame Ash losing the Kalos league on SM coming around the corner when the truth is because they wanted to keep the status quo flowing. (Anyone who uses THAT logic might as well blame all the series for Ash almost always losing the league!)

This would still give us that league win we all wanted, while telling us that Ash constantly wanting to win these... doesn't mean much in the end and again, resetting the status quo.

No one batted an eye with the Orange League or Battle Frontier after all and we were given a similar meaning in where Ash is given a reason to keep on going.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm kinda hoping they let Hau win it.

Given he's really only made the one appearance so far. And I don't actually expect that to change considering how it took so damn long for him to show up! -.- It would fit anyways with the guy who beats Ash being introduced in the final quarter.

Anything rather than the worst character ever(Kukui) winning....

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Does Ash even deserve to win this time? He's been goofing off so much. This is the first time I'd be on board with Ash losing fast and it focusing on Gladion letting him win.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'm kinda hoping they let Hau win it.

Given he's really only made the one appearance so far. And I don't actually expect that to change considering how it took so damn long for him to show up! -.- It would fit anyways with the guy who beats Ash being introduced in the final quarter.

Anything rather than the worst character ever(Kukui) winning....
I'm aware it was a longer series, but Hau appeared around the same episode number as Barry in DP.
It would be fitting as Hau becomes champion in the games though

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
He doesn't exactly become the champion. He only challenges the player for the spot of champion.
yeah, it's like when people say kukui was SM's champion, even though he was your first challenger