• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola league predictions

Kintaro

Banned
If any of the main girls enter it will probably be Lana with how they're building her up. Otherwise probably just Kiawe will enter from the main cast.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If any of the main girls enter it will probably be Lana with how they're building her up. Otherwise probably just Kiawe will enter from the main cast.
Yeah. Aside from Kiawe, I don't think that any of the companions are competing in the league.

DatsRight

This is one league I really think things can go ANYWHERE for Ash (besides likely actually winning of course). Nearly all of Ash's SM limelight runs on Capra-esque mentality (ie. warm-natured underdog story). Ash is a character that spends most of the early points of each episode getting crapped on, only to vindicate himself in some heartwarming way in the end. For a story arc he is pretty much mandated to play a "loser" role somewhere along the line, this could be done at any position, just so long as Ash gets some redeeming moment afterwards.

He could make the finals again to settle old rivalries or they could even, by some bad fate, have him lose at a very low position (likely to give him some sort of consolation achievement afterwards like in XY).

That's not to say someone else couldn't out-darkhorse him either, since a lot of other characters have had Capra-esque story focus too (if not as prominently as Ash). Hau is practically Ash but even MORE pitiful.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This is one league I really think things can go ANYWHERE for Ash (besides likely actually winning of course). Nearly all of Ash's SM limelight runs on Capra-esque mentality (ie. warm-natured underdog story). Ash is a character that spends most of the early points of each episode getting crapped on, only to vindicate himself in some heartwarming way in the end. For a story arc he is pretty much mandated to play a "loser" role somewhere along the line, this could be done at any position, just so long as Ash gets some redeeming moment afterwards.

He could make the finals again to settle old rivalries or they could even, by some bad fate, have him lose at a very low position (likely to give him some sort of consolation achievement afterwards like in XY).

That's not to say someone else couldn't out-darkhorse him either, since a lot of other characters have had Capra-esque story focus too (if not as prominently as Ash). Hau is practically Ash but even MORE pitiful.

Ash over sleeping to even register would be....funny? Painful? I'm not sure how I'd react but I would not put it beyond SM writers

DatsRight

Ash over sleeping to even register would be....funny? Painful? I'm not sure how I'd react but I would not put it beyond SM writers

Generally the pattern is 'Ash does something dumb/unlucky' then 'Ash does something competent or virtuous to redeem himself'. On odd occasions it's another character that does it, but the league is generally Ash's thing (unless they do an 'another character's story' twist thing). And since the league is usually a culmination of Ash's arc I can see them going ultimate with it.

Something like Ash being kicked out for some degrading reason and then having to protect the whole conference from Rainbow Rocket maybe.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The logical next step up is a tie in the final round.

Not that it will happen, but if it did, there'd be endless arguments over who would have won.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zhydra said:
No one batted an eye with the Orange League or Battle Frontier after all and we were given a similar meaning in where Ash is given a reason to keep on going.

That's mainly due to those challenges being minor compared to the major regional Leagues. I didn't mind Satoshi winning those and him being reset afterwards, because his victories didn't feel nearly as impressive to me as if he had won an actual League tournament.

JC317

While this would probably never happen, but since Kukui is basing the Alola League on the Indigo League, I'm hoping that Charles Goodshow can return as we have not seen him since DP.

After all, he is the President of the League Competition Committee, so Kukui getting his approval should be what distinguishes the Alola League as a major regional league.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
While this would probably never happen, but since Kukui is basing the Alola League on the Indigo League, I'm hoping that Charles Goodshow can return as we have not seen him since DP.

After all, he is the President of the League Competition Committee, so Kukui getting his approval should be what distinguishes the Alola League as a major regional league.
They could at least bring back the torch

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

I always just assumed that he was in charge of the Japanese regions and not anything outside of it.

One thing I miss is the charm of the leagues. I mean the stuff besides the battles. Like them doing stuff in the league area but not actual battles if that makes sense.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:
I always just assumed that he was in charge of the Japanese regions and not anything outside of it.

One thing I miss is the charm of the leagues. I mean the stuff besides the battles. Like them doing stuff in the league area but not actual battles if that makes sense.

I don't mind fun League side events and shenanigans, but if we get a repeat of the Isshu League's lost Kibago subplot at the Alola League, I'll be extremely ticked off.

Agustin Gomez

TheShiningBald
The only certainty we have is that Ash will win against Gladion in the league. As Ash's Lycanroc lost to Gladion's one, they will have a rematch and the former will win. So after this i'll explain what i think about his potential rivals or friendly rivals:
-Against Hau... it can go both ways, I mean, Ash won against him barely and using a Z-move at that. There should be an episode soon of Ash and Hau getting a rematch where Hau will show off a newly evolved Decideueye and the exclusive z-move. Hopefully, this would lead to Rowlet to actually learn a powerful attack like Brave Bird or even evolving. Hell, i'd be happy with Ominous Wind, but meh. If that doesn't happen soon, i'm afraid it will happen in the league and that would be it.
-With Ilima I think we can expect an opening battle, maybe a one on one or a three on three. I don't see Ash losing here.
-With Kiawe, i think that it would be a three on three battle as they developed his Charizard enough to obtain a z-crystal, so there's that.
-With Lana, with all her development i see her in the league and i expect that her Brionne will evolve during battle where she will show off Oceanic Operetta, against who, that's the question. Maybe against Kiawe... o_O
-With the sudden development of Team Skull from 'forgotten' to 'may have relevance', i see Plumeria battling in the league like in the games, maybe showing off the Poison Z? Maybe.
-With Kukui... well i don't really know. I see a finals with both Ash and him, but i don't know where it would go. Maybe with Torracat evolving once again battling Incineroar and defeating it? Or it evolves previously to the league and Kukui crushes it? I really don't know, but i would like it to be a six vs six.

pokfans

1 If the writers thoughts about Alola as the real league, Ash will lose.
2 Because if he thinks about OI or BF, he has a chance to win.

I think second choice is better now becasue Ash has not won anything for a long time

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
My league prediction:
16 or 32 competitors, no E4 yet, Champion is Kukui aka Masked Royal. Rules: Top 32/Top 16= 1 vs 1/3 vs 3, Top 16/Top 8 = 3v3/3v3, Top 8/Top 4= 6vs6/6vs6, Top 4 and Finale/FInale 6 vs 6.If it's Top 16 league, winner of the league can choose to battle Kukui in order to be champion of Alola( but if he loses he still won the league as champion( lesser one). If it's Top 32. I don't battling a champion needs to be done.

Major people that I think will compete: Ash, Kiawe, Guzma, Hau, Gladion and Ilima. One rival will not battle Ash because that rival will battle other rival. Now out of all these, I think Ash won't battle Kiawe..it was either Kiawe or Ilima, but I want Ash to beat that sassy guy.
Top 32:Ash vs CoTD -> Ash wins so do other rivals
Top 16: Ash vs Ilima -> Ash, Kiawe, Gladion, Hau and Guzma win too
Top 8: Ash vs Hau, Gladion vs Kiawe -> Ash, Gladion, Guzma win
Top 4: Ash vs Gladion( full battle) -> Ash wins
Finale: Ash vs Guzma(full battle) -> Ash wins and become a league Champion(Kukui is still a champion of Alola)( just to say this league would be on same level as battle Frontier and Orange league( it won't be as important as Kalos league for example, but still important like BF and OI were)
Top 16: Ash vs Ilima -> Ash wins
Top 8: Ash vs Hau, Kiawe vs Gladion -> Ash and Gladion win
Top 4: Ash vs Gladion(full battle)-> Ash wins
Finale: Ash vs Guzma -> Ash wins and becomes a Champion and must battle Alola's Champion
Ash vs Kukui (full battle) -> Ash loses( I don't see Ash beating champion, even if Kukui is like BF level trainer or even E4 level or something)
Or Ash doesn't even become league's champion and loses to Guzma in both Top 32 or 16 scenario. But I want Ash to win something even though it less valuable, to win it like OI and BF... It's been a long time since got actual trophy.
I also think we will see 1 Mega evolution in the league from Guzma.

EDIT:I think league will begin in late July and finish in the end of August(beginning of September)

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’ll start off with the most obvious prediction: Ash won’t win but he will reach at least the top 10 with Pikachu, Lycanroc, And Torracat being his most used Pokémon with Charizard being sent over by Professor Oak to be used during the finals.

Kahili shows up and participates in the League as well as Acerola and Molayne. They all reach the top 8 and afterwards are invited to be part of the Alolan Elite Four.

Hau, Sophocles, Lana, Mallow, and Kiawe participate as well with Hau being one of the top battlers.

Torracat evolves into Incineroar during a top ten battle and showcases its new strength and learns Darkest Larait in the process.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Aside from Kiawe, I don't think that any of the companions are going to be competing.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I made a list of predictions:

Likely(and more serious predictions):
The league is going to be 3v3
Kiawe joins with Charizard as his third
Kiawe is eliminated somewhat early
Ash reaches finals again and faces Masked Royal, losing but with an epic battle.
Ash battles every rival of the generation instead of random people: Kiawe, Hau, Gladion and then Kukui/Royal
Ash uses 10.000.000 thunderbolt in the last battle

Unlikely but possible:
Ash loses to Gladion or Hau
Torracat evolves during the face-off with Masked Royal and the final becomes Incineroar vs Incineroar
In the heat of the battle Kukui loses his mask and is revealed
Ash wins the league, since it's the first one and has smaller battles
League leads to Rainbow Rocket arc
Dia appears from another dimension and defeats Ash in the league
Misty and/or Brock join the league
Kiawe uses Pokémon from his farm instead of Charizard or if the league is 6v6
Ash uses his Ultra Guardian Garchomp
Poipole returns
Ash uses reserves
League 6v6, Ash catches a pokémon and uses Tauros in the league since he was the only one mentioned aside from those fanservice episodes
Guzma joins the league
Raki joins the league
Ryuki appears

Surprises(aka weird flexes):
Mohn defeats Ash
League is 6v6 and Rotom gets out of the pokédex(already proved possible)
Tapu Koko challenges Ash during the finals and Masked Royal/?? accepts it
Team Rocket joins the league(disguised?) with Mareanie Mimikyu and Bewear
Lillie joins the battle with Ninetales and her mother's pokémon
Lana joins the league with Brionne, Eevee(or Vaporeon) and Dewpider
Mallow joins the league with Tsareena, Oranguru and Shaymin(?)
Sophocles joing the league with Togedemaru Vikavolt and a pokémon from his cousin
Giovanni disguises joins the league and league leads to RR
Nebby or Greninja return
Serena returns
Looks like the companions joining the league wasn't that much of a surprise after all...

SatoSereFan224888

The only 2 trainers I feel worthy of winning the league are Ash & Gladion. Hau is too goofy and Kiawe he's okay but not great. The final might be Ash vs Gladion. I know who Lillie will be cheering for, her own brother.