• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola league predictions

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The fact is Ash cannot fight each of his rivals.

Huh?
But he only has two.... Gladion and Hau. We're practically guaranteed a Rowlet vs Decidueye fight
And Gladion's literally the main rival. Ash always faces them

Ilima ain't a rival, and neither are the classmates except for possibly Kiawe.

How I see it going....
Guzma or Lana kick out Ilima
Gladion beats Lillie
Ash beats Soph
Guzma beats Team Rocket (I see this coming a mile away... be mighty curious how it happens if they actually do catch Bewear)
Kiawe beats Mallow and Lana

And then the later rounds
Ash vs Hau
Ash vs Gladion
Ash vs Kiawe
Ash vs Guzma
Undefined order, but those are the fights with Ash I feel confident in saying we'll see
Be nice if Kiawe wins this, he's never gotten to win anything big this series

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't want to see Gladio and Lilie battle at the Alola League since I feel that Gladio winning would be expected, and I don't like the idea of Lilie losing to her own brother.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
The first round could be
Ash vs Kiawe: Ash wins
Lana Vs Sophocles: Lana wins
Mallow Vs Lillie: Lillie Wins

It could be interested, that some ash´s companions go ahead

Barry Hernandez

Ash to win the Alola league? What do we think?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ash to win the Alola league? What do we think?

I have as much confidence of Ash winning the league as much as I have confidence in the anime accurately adapting Dante's Inferno.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Tbh they should’ve saved Pikachu and Mimikyu’s clash of Z Moves for the League

Also hoping both Jessie and James get a chance to use their Z Moves before they’re knocked out. (Imagine if they got put against each other and had to fight to see who could use the Z Ring)

I would say he wins the league and fails to beat the elite 4

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I just figured out that Ash has to win a League eventually for good reason.

That reason is that his JP VA will reach the point where they will be physically unable to voice him.

This is the same reason that shows like the Simpsons will have to end at some point.

Chances are that the Japanese will be far less tolerant of a new VA for Ash than Anglophones were, and they weren't even that tolerant.

So, the writers will have to have Ash win a League at some point to send off his character.

In short the cast's mortality will be the undoing for Ash's habit of losing leagues.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think Satoshi winning the whole Alola League is plausible, either. I get that the level of the competition may seem mild this time around, but the thought that he might win the tournament when there are few challenging opponents as his obstacles would make his victory somewhat undeserved. I also don't like the idea of him winning and then simply losing to the Four Heaven Kings right away, because that would be like dangling a carrot on a stick to tease us.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:

That reason is that his JP VA will reach the point where they will be physically unable to voice him.

This is the same reason that shows like the Simpsons will have to end at some point.

Chances are that the Japanese will be far less tolerant of a new VA for Ash than Anglophones were, and they weren't even that tolerant.

So, the writers will have to have Ash win a League at some point to send off his character.

In short the cast's mortality will be the undoing for Ash's habit of losing leagues.

Rica Matsumoto is only 50 years old. She's not particularly old when compared to other voice actresses who voice iconic male anime characters like Mayumi Tanaka or Masako Nozawa for example, nor does she have a life threatening illness. So if you're implying that she might pass away sometime soon and that Satoshi should win the Alola League before that happens, I think you'll be disappointed.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It doesn't have to be Alola.

The point is that Ash will have to win any league somewhere down the road because Rica can't voice him forever.

It could be a league in an Australia inspired region. Or in one inspired by Appalachia.

It doesn't matter when it happens it matters that it's gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure that Alola doesn't even have an E4 yet, because they're just barely getting their own League. But regardless it isn't even realistic to expect Ash to win the League this time around.
In the games, they just used the kahuna's as elite 4 or someone like Molayne. There will be an elite 4 in Alola

Why can't Japan just put in another voice actor for Ash? We've done it.

It doesn't have to be Alola.

The point is that Ash will have to win any league somewhere down the road because Rica can't voice him forever.

It could be a league in an Australia inspired region. Or in one inspired by Appalachia.

It doesn't matter when it happens it matters that it's gonna happen.
He probably won't become the champion until GF decides to make the last pokemon gen and finish pokemon forever.

Ignition

So based on the fact we’re getting mainly Sophocles focus for his Z Move in the upcoming episode, I think we’ll have at least 5 more episodes before the League starts:
-Mallow using Bloom Doom
-Primarina learning Sparkling Aria and using Oceanic Operetta
-Megearna’s “revival”
-A potential Meltan evolution episode
-Vulpix evolving and/or using Subzero Slammer
Maybe an episode bringing back Hau though that could be the traditional preLeague episode that reintroduces all the participants. Also Poipole’s potential return

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't see what the point of the Alola region getting their own Four Heavenly Kings in the near future is when the region is still new to the Pokemon League set-up. It just seems like they don't really need their own set of Four Heavenly Kings until their League's reputation increases.

Ash is due for another catch since the league will have six on six. That also means a lot of catches for the other main characters.

So based on the fact we’re getting mainly Sophocles focus for his Z Move in the upcoming episode, I think we’ll have at least 5 more episodes before the League starts:
-Mallow using Bloom Doom
-Primarina learning Sparkling Aria and using Oceanic Operetta
-Megearna’s “revival”
-A potential Meltan evolution episode
-Vulpix evolving and/or using Subzero Slammer
Maybe an episode bringing back Hau though that could be the traditional preLeague episode that reintroduces all the participants. Also Poipole’s potential return

If Lillie's Magearna awakens and participates in the League, I'll be kind of pissed off. It seems unfair for someone as inexperienced as her to use a Mythical Pokemon, same with Mallow if she uses Shaymin at the League.

If Lillie's Magearna awakens and participates in the League, I'll be kind of pissed off. It seems unfair for someone as inexperienced as her to use a Mythical Pokemon, same with Mallow if she uses Shaymin at the League.
I wouldn't say they're inexperienced, maybe just not as good as Tobias, the guy with the Darkrai in DP.

Ignition

Ash is due for another catch since the league will have six on six. That also means a lot of catches for the other main characters.

It could and most likely will happen but it’s not guaranteed to have full battles

Based on PokèFan’s blurbs on Mallow & Lillie, I think they will use their respective Mythicals

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:

I don't think it'd be unfair since Satoshi has a Mythical Pokemon with him as well. In regards to Lilie and Mao specifically, I don't think that they'd sweep the competition even with Mythicals anyway, so them using one each is kind of a moot point.