• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola league predictions

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Kaki's Lizardon is definitely being used. Why else would they give him a Z-Crystal that nobody but Lizardon can even use?

The other Ride Pokémon are up in the air, but... I mean we've seen the group commanding them in battle. And it would probably be the easiest way to give Satoshi a full team, while also giving the other characters at least three Pokémon of their own.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Kaki's Lizardon is definitely being used. Why else would they give him a Z-Crystal that nobody but Lizardon can even use?

The other Ride Pokémon are up in the air, but... I mean we've seen the group commanding them in battle. And it would probably be the easiest way to give Satoshi a full team, while also giving the other characters at least three Pokémon of their own.
I don't think that they will be used. I don't think that they would just hand Ash a Garchomp when he has a Gible at Oak's Lab that he can evolve.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash is due for another catch since the league will have six on six. That also means a lot of catches for the other main characters.

What??? When was it confirmed that there will full 6 on 6 battles in the Alola League?

Given that a fair amount of information is already out on Pokemon Fan about the Alola League, it's pretty much obvious that the League is not too far away. And there is absolutely no way that all of Ash's classmates can catch a full team from here on before the League, especially the likes of Lana, Mallow, Lillie and Sophocles, who don't even have more than 2 Pokémon. How can basically the writers shoehorn 4 captures each for Lana, Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles, a.k.a. 4 x 4 = 16 captures, plus 3 more captures for Kiawe (since he has 3 Pokémon on hand as of now) before the League happens, when there is a very strong indication according to Pokemon Fan that that the League is gonna begin pretty soon?

There is pretty much almost no way as for how there could be any full 6 on 6 battles in the League, because several of the participants, who are confirmed to participate the League as of now, have basically no way of getting a full-team. It's more or less clear that this League is gonna be a lot different format wise from the other Leagues, because basically any Pokemon trainer can participate here without any criteria like having to clear the Grand Trials (like how in the previous Leagues, only trainers who have earned 8 badges from 8 Gyms could participate).

ShadowForce720

What??? When was it confirmed that there will full 6 on 6 battles in the Alola League?

Given that a fair amount of information is already out on Pokemon Fan about the Alola League, it's pretty much obvious that the League is not too far away. And there is absolutely no way that all of Ash's classmates can catch a full team from here on before the League, especially the likes of Lana, Mallow, Lillie and Sophocles, who don't even have more than 2 Pokémon. How can basically the writers shoehorn 4 captures each for Lana, Lillie, Mallow and Sophocles, a.k.a. 4 x 4 = 16 captures, plus 3 more captures for Kiawe (since he has 3 Pokémon on hand as of now) before the League happens, when there is a very strong indication according to Pokemon Fan that that the League is gonna begin pretty soon?

There is pretty much almost no way as for how there could be any full 6 on 6 battles in the League, because several of the participants, who are confirmed to participate the League as of now, have basically no way of getting a full-team. It's more or less clear that this League is gonna be a lot different format wise from the other Leagues, because basically any Pokemon trainer can participate here without any criteria like having to clear the Grand Trials (like how in the previous Leagues, only trainers who have earned 8 badges from 8 Gyms could participate).

It doesn't matter if Ash's classmates don't have full teams because let's be honest chances are they aren't going to make it to the final rounds, so they can easily just have it to where the full battles start in the top 8 or top 4 when the classmates will have already been knocked out. So no, there can actually be full battles.

Also any character that is not one of the classmates could easily get a full team as they can get captures off screen.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lord Starfish said:

While I wouldn't mind the companions using Ride Pokemon in battles, I don't think I'd like it if Satoshi did the same thing. I guess I just think he's better than that, and frankly if he really needs a sixth Pokemon at the Alola League, I'd rather see him contact Okido-hakase and bring back one of his old Pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It doesn't matter if Ash's classmates don't have full teams because let's be honest chances are they aren't going to make it to the final rounds, so they can easily just have it to where the full battles start in the top 8 or top 4 when the classmates will have already been knocked out. So no, there can actually be full battles.

Also any character that is not one of the classmates could easily get a full team as they can get captures off screen.
No, it obviously does matter, because narratively it hardly makes any sense for the participants to enter a League which has full battles at a certain point without having a full team. It would sound really stupid of the part of Lillie, Lana, Sophocles, Mallow and Kiawe to enter the Alola League without a full team if it does have full battles: because then they know very well that if they make it to the rounds which have full battles, they have no way of continuing further due to their lack of sufficient Pokemon. No matter how you look at it this sounds pretty ridiculous and hardly makes sense.

ShadowForce720

No, it obviously does matter, because narratively it hardly makes any sense for the participants to enter a League which has full battles at a certain point without having a full team. It would sound really stupid of the part of Lillie, Lana, Sophocles, Mallow and Kiawe to enter the Alola League without a full team if it does have full battles: because then they know very well that if they make it to the rounds which have full battles, they have no way of continuing further due to their lack of sufficient Pokemon. No matter how you look at it this sounds pretty ridiculous and hardly makes sense.

No, it doesn't no matter how you look at they are likely not going to make to the full battle rounds, the writers can easily have those character lose in the rounds before they the full battle rounds start. Sure it may not be confirmed that there are full battles in the Alola league however at the same time it also hasn't been confirmed that there won't be any full battles in the league.

At this point in time the only things we really know about the Alolan league is that it's open to everyone, Lusamine and the Kahunas, and Kukui(if I recall I think he we was going to be one of the judges or something but I could be misremembering) are all judges, Ash, Kiawe, Lana, Lillie, Mallow, Sophocles, Gladion, Hau, Ilima, and Guzma are all participating and Team Rocket trio have expressed interest in entering, and that the league is going to be in a stadium off the coast of Aether Paradise, and that's really about it for confirmed information about the league.

Last edited:
Let's stop talking about that and talk about if Torracat or Meltan or will evolve before, during, or after the league if they evolve at all?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Let's stop talking about that and talk about if Torracat or Meltan or will evolve before, during, or after the league if they evolve at all?
That's what the pokemon speculation thread is for
while I have my doubts about full battles being in, kukui could easily just say "all participants remaining have 6 pokemon, these last battles will ve full battles!"

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Time to check my predictions list! I made them back in january, and it's surprising how I got some things partially right.

Likely(and more serious predictions):
The league is going to be 3v3 - Only the finals
Kiawe joins with Charizard as his third - Called it! But predictable.
Kiawe is eliminated somewhat early - Semi-finals? Not early and a nice surprise!
Ash reaches finals again and faces Masked Royal, losing but with an epic battle. - We're almost there, he just isn't facing him in the finals.
Ash battles every rival of the generation instead of random people: Kiawe, Hau, Gladion and then Kukui/Royal - He only didn't battle Kiawe, a shame...
Ash uses 10.000.000 thunderbolt in the last battle - Unlikely in the league at this point, but can still happen vs Tapu Koko

Unlikely but possible:
Ash loses to Gladion or Hau - Almost lost to Hau but he didn't
Torracat evolves during the face-off with Masked Royal and the final becomes Incineroar vs Incineroar - Still a chance, but only in the exhibition match
In the heat of the battle Kukui loses his mask and is revealed - Might still happen
Ash wins the league, since it's the first one and has smaller battles - CALLED IT! Eight months in advance.
League leads to Rainbow Rocket arc - No but leads to Guzzlord
Dia appears from another dimension and defeats Ash in the league - League is already finished, but Guzzlord at least is back...
Misty and/or Brock join the league - Didn't even watch...
Kiawe uses Pokémon from his farm instead of Charizard or if the league is 6v6 - Nope.
Ash uses his Ultra Guardian Garchomp - Didn't happen.
Poipole returns - MIGHT STILL HAPPEN, but not in the league.
Ash uses reserves - Same as above
League 6v6, Ash catches a pokémon and uses Tauros in the league since he was the only one mentioned aside from those fanservice episodes - Same as above since the exhibition match is probably 6v6
Guzma joins the league - He did!
Raki joins the league - Misteriously didn't
Ryuki appears - A good amount of episodes before and not in the league

Surprises(aka weird flexes):
Mohn defeats Ash - Not even appeared alive yet
League is 6v6 and Rotom gets out of the pokédex(already proved possible) - Might happen for the full exhibition match but still pretty unlikely
Tapu Koko challenges Ash during the finals and Masked Royal/?? accepts it - Tapu Koko didn't even watch the battle
Team Rocket joins the league(disguised?) with Mareanie Mimikyu and Bewear - SO CLOSE. But with Wobbufet instead of Bewear
Lillie joins the battle with Ninetales and her mother's pokémon - She did, but only with Vulpix
Lana joins the league with Brionne, Eevee(or Vaporeon) and Dewpider - She did, but Dewpider of course was forgotten. Her Brionne also evolved instead of Eevee!
Mallow joins the league with Tsareena, Oranguru and Shaymin(?) - She did, but no Oranguru. He gave her a Z-Ring, though.
Sophocles joing the league with Togedemaru Vikavolt and a pokémon from his cousin - HAPPENED but only with Togedemaru and Vikavolt
Giovanni disguised joins the league and league leads to RR - Hahaha nope
Nebby or Greninja return - MIGHT HAPPEN for the Exhibition Match but still unlikely, specially Greninja
Serena returns - Would still be a surprise at this point, and not for the league.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I predict Alain will win.