• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Pokedex Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I hope that some of the past Pokémon showcased in the trailers don't actually appear in the games. I don't want another Dex that's super overkill...
So long as they are placed out well I see no issue. The more Pokemon in the dex the more options for people to use. In the end, you decide what you use so it seems best for everyone if a large selection of Pokemon are available.

I want at least 450 again, but would prefer if they take it a step higher or two, so 550-650. Ideally, just have everything available.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I hope that some of the past Pokémon showcased in the trailers don't actually appear in the games. I don't want another Dex that's super overkill...

I actually expect 500+ Pokemon total for main game.
With new Pokemon and Regional variants, I think it a good amount.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us 400, with the Dex split between the four islands a la Kalos, with each island having 100.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us 400, with the Dex split between the four islands a la Kalos, with each island having 100.

150 in the Central Dex
153 in Coastal
151 in Mountain

That's 454 Pokemon in Kalos' regional dex total. Your theory is giving us less than that LOL.

I'd be comfortable around the 500-550 range, with a good split among types.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That's 454 Pokemon in Kalos' regional dex total. Your theory is giving us less than that LOL.

There's no rule requiring Game Freak to embiggen the Regional Dex with each successive game.

I'm actually not much of a fan of the overstuffed Regional Dex in XY, and would rather see something in the 250-300 range.

Last edited:

cmats4020

TBH I would be upset. Gen 1 has seen a lot of focus lately in games that aren't even Gen 1 related. XY had dozens of references and Megas, and I'd like to see other Pokemon get Alola Forms like Lanturn, Durant, Helioptile, Tropius, etc... With the rumor we've got it looks to be almost completely Gen 1 exclusive, and that would be a bummer. Certainly other Pokemon from other regions had to have undergone such a change.

I know others have disagreed with me on this, but I feel like it's justifiable seeing as it's the 20th Anniversary of the franchise, while more specifically, the 20th Anniversary of the first generation. GF was pretty greedy giving Gen 1 Pokémon a lot of Megas, which I understand wasn't really necessary, but I think it's understandable in this case.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think that they should really slow down on making a huge pokedex this time. Sun and Moon are obviously not going to be the only gen 7 games so having over 300/400 seems a bit much. However since the islands look quite big, I think the pokedex would be big too and probably be about 500.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I think that they should really slow down on making a huge pokedex this time. Sun and Moon are obviously not going to be the only gen 7 games so having over 300/400 seems a bit much. However since the islands look quite big, I think the pokedex would be big too and probably be about 500.

What makes it so obvious they're not the only Gen 7 games? We have no guarantee of either remakes or a third game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
What makes it so obvious they're not the only Gen 7 games? We have no guarantee of either remakes or a third game.

Why would Game Freak make only two games for gen 7 and then move on? The anime series for Alola would take awhile so I doubt they move on to a new gen while the anime is still in Alola. There might not be a guarantee but it is still possible that we get sequels, third version or remakes for this gen. A generation with only two games is absurd in my opinion.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Why would Game Freak make only two games for gen 7 and then move on? The anime series for Alola would take awhile so I doubt they move on to a new gen while the anime is still in Alola. There might not be a guarantee but it is still possible that we get sequels, third version or remakes for this gen. A generation with only two games is absurd in my opinion.

If your concern is the anime, they'd just not put out any main series games for a few years.
It's easy to skip the secondary part of the gen.

Personally, I don't think they will. But don't state that it's 'obvious' when we have no info pointing one way or the other.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Even though it's not confirmed, I see no reason why after 16ish years they'd suddenly make only two games for a single generation.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Even though it's not confirmed, I see no reason why after 16ish years they'd suddenly make only two games for a single generation.

Personally, I don't think they will [stop making remakes or third games or sequels]

Anyway, does anyone have an updated list of oldgen Pokes or has the original post been updated? (I'll admit I don't check first posts often lol.. >>)

clbgolden12

Anyway, does anyone have an updated list of oldgen Pokes or has the original post been updated? (I'll admit I don't check first posts often lol.. >>)
Even if you said that you don't think they won't have a second pair, you still said there's nothing pointing one way or the other, even though if the past is anything to go by we'll more than likely have another pair of games...

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Even if you said that you don't think they won't have a second pair, you still said there's nothing pointing one way or the other, even though if the past is anything to go by we'll more than likely have another pair of games...

We also had gyms and very few type changing subspecies in the past.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

That is different. Only two games for one gen would be a terrible choice to make in my opinion. Sun and Moon won't have all the pokemon so it makes sense to have a new pair of games after them.

clbgolden12

Just because they changed two things these games doesn't make it super likely that they'll just give us these games and not anything else this gen.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Anyway I'd really like it if someone would answer my question instead of jumping all over an argument I made specifically to cpunter word choice, not idea. :)

clbgolden12

Anyway I'd really like it if someone would answer my question instead of jumping all over an argument I made specifically to cpunter word choice, not idea. :)
Ok, sure.

Aromatic Mist is the one who's been keeping up with the old gen Pokémon show, but I think he said that they wouldn't post the new list until the August 12th thing to see what others that'd be shown. His last update on it was some pages back...

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Ok, sure.

Aromatic Mist is the one who's been keeping up with the old gen Pokémon show, but I think he said that they wouldn't post the new list until the August 12th thing to see what others that'd be shown. His last update on it was some pages back...

Thank you! I hadn't seen him post a lot in a while so I was curious :3c

If people really want this list up now, I'll put it back up, but it literally only has a handful of Pokémon different from the last time I posted it :s

Status
Not open for further replies.