• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Pokemon Debuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Alolan Golem debuted in SM081.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Possibly. Kanto Vulpix have appeared in Alola.
Yeah, but alongside the Kanto Vulpix, an Alolan Vulpix appeared too. For Pokemon who have both Kanto and Alolan forms, unless the Alolan counterparts have appeared alongside the Kanto counterparts, the Kanto counterparts have never appeared singularly in SM.

playerking

Yeah, but alongside the Kanto Vulpix, an Alolan Vulpix appeared too. For Pokemon who have both Kanto and Alolan forms, unless the Alolan counterparts have appeared alongside the Kanto counterparts, the Kanto counterparts have never appeared singularly in SM.
No. No Alolan Vulpix appeared in SM017 and SM090.

Why would they show Kantonian Graveler in Alola? Besides the whole summary implies that Alolan Graveler and Alolan Golem would be showing up here because magnetism is related to their typing. Stop being difficult on purpose.
Because as I literally already said, there have been Kanto Vulpix in Alola and even though it will most likely be an Alolan Graveler it’s not confirmed. I’m actually mot being diffictlult on at all. I don’t think you should jump the gun and speculate.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
No. No Alolan Vulpix appeared in SM090.
You are even including that slight clip of Principal Samson Oak's Vulpix that was shown in SM090??? Please stop nitpicking FFS.

Do I even need to remind you that this Kanto Vulpix is the same Vulpix which appeared in SM multiple times before this? The first time this particular Vulpix appeared in SM, Snowy was also present there? When it first time appeared, Snowy (Alolan Vulpix) also appeared alongside it, and that's what matters. And pretty much almost every time when Samson Oak's Vulpix appeared after that, Snowy also appeared alongside it. SM90 was just a mere cameo appearance so they didn't bother showing Snowy alongside it that time.

Still that doesn't matter, because that wasn't the first Kanto Vulpix appeared in SM, it was that same Vulpix which was making another appearance. The point is when a Kantonian version of a Pokemon (which has an Alolan Form) have appeared for the first time in SM, the Kanto counterparts have also appeared alongside it. When Kanto Vulpix (Samson Oak's) for the first time appeared in SM, Alolan Vulpix (Snowy) also appeared alongside it. When Kanto Muk (Ash's Muk) for the first time appeared in SM, an Alolan Muk also appeared alongside it in SM. When Kanto Geodude (Brock's Geodude) appeared for the first time in SM, an Alolan Geodude also appeared alongside it.

Kanto Meowth should be considered an exception here for the obvious reason: Team Rocket's Meowth is a major main character of the show since the very start of the anime who has been present in almost every episode except a few rare ones.

If Kanto Graveller indeed does appear here, it would for the first time appear in SM, thus making it extremely unlikely that Alolan Graveller won't appear alongside it. Kanto counterparts mainly appear alongside the Alolan counterparts with the purpose of emphasizing the differences between the Kanto and Alolan forms, otherwise Kanto forms have basically no purpose appearing in Alola, as evident from their appearances in SM.

Last edited:

Shotgunrain

No. No Alolan Vulpix appeared in SM017 and SM090.

Because as I literally already said, there have been Kanto Vulpix in Alola and even though it will most likely be an Alolan Graveler it’s not confirmed. I’m actually mot being diffictlult on at all. I don’t think you should jump the gun and speculate.
Well the OP of this thread has listed SM095 for Alolan Graveler. This shouldn't even be an argument in the first place. It's Alola, whatever Graveler that is going to appear here would definitely be Alolan Graveler. I'm pretty sure everybody here agrees that Alolan Graveler would be debuting in SM095 as well. Don't forget you were also the one that argued that the Rattata and Raticate that were going to appear in SM009 might not be Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate because it wasn't confirmed, but anybody with some common sense should know that it was going to be Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate without the need for any confirmation, because this is SM which is set in the freaking Alola region. Anyway I'm done here. This argument is over.

playerking

You are even including that slight clip of Principal Samson Oak's Vulpix that was shown in SM090??? Please stop nitpicking FFS.

No and Samson Oak's Vulpix didn't even appear in SM0906. SM017 https://i.imgur.com/AYbkehT.jpg and SM090 https://i.imgur.com/R5A50gr.jpg. These episodes did not include another Alolan Vulpix owned by an unnamed Trainer.

Well the OP of this thread has listed SM095 for Alolan Graveler. This shouldn't even be an argument in the first place. It's Alola, whatever Graveler that is going to appear here would definitely be Alolan Graveler. I'm pretty sure everybody here agrees that Alolan Graveler would be debuting in SM095 as well. Don't forget you were also the one that argued that the Rattata and Raticate that were going to appear in SM009 might not be Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate because it wasn't confirmed, but anybody with some common sense should know that it was going to be Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate without the need for any confirmation, because this is SM which is set in the freaking Alola region. Anyway I'm done here. This argument is over.

Okay and that is still speculation... But you're right it shouldn't be an argument, because we don't know what variant it will be. I, like you know know that it will most likely be an Alolan Graveler, but assuming isn't very smart. Yes, I did argue that and I was right, because there was need for confirmation. Yes, this is the Alola region, with Pokemon living there that are Pokemon that have Alolan forms, but appeared in there Kanto forms.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

No and Samson Oak's Vulpix didn't even appear in SM0906. SM017 https://i.imgur.com/AYbkehT.jpg and SM090 https://i.imgur.com/R5A50gr.jpg. These episodes did not include another Alolan Vulpix owned by an unnamed Trainer.

Okay and that is still speculation... But you're right it shouldn't be an argument, because we don't know what variant it will be. I, like you know know that it will most likely be an Alolan Graveler, but assuming isn't very smart. Yes, I did argue that and I was right, because there was need for confirmation. Yes, this is the Alola region, with Pokemon living there that are Pokemon that have Alolan forms, but appeared in there Kanto forms.

Not really given that this is the Alola region and that the Geodude line is one of the focus of the episode it's unlikely that it would be the Kanto form. Also that trainer showed doesn't help your case since it was just a cameo and a background character and nothing more so saying that just because background character happened to has a Kanto form doesn't and it some how means that we shouldn't assume that when they talk about a pokemon of that region that is a Alolan form doesn't really work. At this point you really are just trying to be difficult, as it is common sense that if a pokemon that has a Alolan form is going to appear in the episode that it will be in it's Alolan form especially if it's the focus of the Alola region, the only time you would assume otherwise is if it's specifically stated or hinted at that the trainer with the pokemon or states that the pokemon themselves is from another region.

Look it is completely unnecessary that every time we get an episode that mentions a pokemon with a Alolan form in the episode is taking place in the Alola region for you to be like oh no you can't assume that it's a Alolan form, since we are in the Alola region then it's safe to assume unless otherwise stated or shown by a preview for the episode then that the pokemon will be in their Alolan forms especially if they are wild.

At this point what your doing isn't called being smart like you seem to think, it's called being difficult for no reason other then just to be difficult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.