• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Have we ever seen pink flowers on Akala? When Pa'u Oricorio is encountered it seems to be in a normal grass field, whereas the other styles are found in specifically coloured flowered areas, with Baile and Pom Pom in flower fields and Sensu in a wooded area.

Maybe that's similar to how they originally looked. And the other islands were the ones with different nectar that made them change.

AcethePuma

FireFist
Could it be that we are going to get a helicopter transport? Uf u look at the map the island with the glacier has two grey plattforms with yellow surroundings?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Could it be that we are going to get a helicopter transport? Uf u look at the map the island with the glacier has two grey plattforms with yellow surroundings?

I don't see the point when we have PokeRide Charizard.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I don't see the point when we have PokeRide Charizard.
To be fair, you get a plane ride in BW2 when you already have access to Fly.

Do we know that PokeRide Fly can take you to places you haven't been before? Because if not the same reasoning applies.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Does anyone else think the big, open expanse of water in the middle of the islands has to have something going on? Whether Whirlpool or Dive will make a return is an unsure thing at the moment, but it's kind of strange that they designed the Alolan map to have that much water in the center instead of looking at the islands from a different perspective and having one or more of them right in the center. The dark water also looks a lot like Dive-able water to me.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
To be fair, you get a plane ride in BW2 when you already have access to Fly.

Do we know that PokeRide Fly can take you to places you haven't been before? Because if not the same reasoning applies.

Yes, but you couldn't call on the plane anytime you wanted, nor did you pilot that plane. It was just used as a means to reach a new area, and a way to stop you from progressing until after you beat Skyla.

Also, we know you aren't allowed to progress to the next island until you beat the Kahuna of your current island, so I doubt that Zard can take you to islands you haven't visited before, as that would mean some major sequence breaking that I doubt GF would want given the natural barriers they have in place.

shadowF

I just watched the GameXplain ad noticed that the Aether foundation and all the pokemon that are taken care of is in the mansion not in the very tall building in the artificial island, so what do you guys think the very tall building will be used for?

diakyu

I just watched the GameXplain ad noticed that the Aether foundation and all the pokemon that are taken care of is in the mansion not in the very tall building in the artificial island, so what do you guys think the very tall building will be used for?
Realistically? As a dungeon you have to fight your way through when they go straight evil. But technically I bet it will be the research center.

sheld999

Realistically? As a dungeon you have to fight your way through when they go straight evil. But technically I bet it will be the research center.

pokemon test subjects building where they test potions and tm on

jake279

Ice Master
So... clothes are payable with Festival Coins... what do you think this are? Mini games?

Yeah I'm not sure I like this idea either. In XY clothes were a great new addition to spend your money on. In past gens you just ended up with millions of pokecoins and nothing to spend them on and clothes went a long way to solving that. I don't know why they bothered changing it to festival Coins. Now we're just gonna end up with loads of money and nothing to spend it on once again. What else is there to buy in all honesty?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Yes, but you couldn't call on the plane anytime you wanted, nor did you pilot that plane. It was just used as a means to reach a new area, and a way to stop you from progressing until after you beat Skyla.

Also, we know you aren't allowed to progress to the next island until you beat the Kahuna of your current island, so I doubt that Zard can take you to islands you haven't visited before, as that would mean some major sequence breaking that I doubt GF would want given the natural barriers they have in place.
You misunderstand. The original comment was about a possible helicopter transport because of some things that look like helipads. Wulava didn't see the point because we can fly on Charizard, but my point is exactly the same as yours: that historically transport like planes have taken us to areas we haven't been before (as could the helicopter), whereas Fly (and presumably PokeRide Fly) cannot. I was comparing PokeRide to Fly, not PokeRide to the plane. And nobody was suggesting you pilot a helicopter wherever you want. I would expect it to function just like the plane.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
You misunderstand. The original comment was about a possible helicopter transport because of some things that look like helipads. Wulava didn't see the point because we can fly on Charizard, but my point is exactly the same as yours: that historically transport like planes have taken us to areas we haven't been before (as could the helicopter), whereas Fly (and presumably PokeRide Fly) cannot. I was comparing PokeRide to Fly, not PokeRide to the plane. And nobody was suggesting you pilot a helicopter wherever you want. I would expect it to function just like the plane.

Ah, I see, my mistake. Well, as far as that's concerned, I don't think helipads are necessary as far as island to island travel are concerned, given that we have obvious ports on each island for boats to dock at. I think it would be far easier to use a single boat to travel to each of the main islands, as it would mean a single consistent means of transport.

That said, I could see alternative transportation being used to access smaller auxiliary islands (like how we see the Magikarp boat both at the dock on what will presumably be Poni Island, as well as the small side island in recent trailers, indicating it will be how you reach it) and other hard to reach locations. For instance, on the island in question, the potential helipads could be used to help the player quickly navigate up and down the mountain. That said, there is also a clear path up the mountain, so maybe the helicopter will just be the player's means of fast traveling back down from the summit.

Have we ever seen pink flowers on Akala? When Pa'u Oricorio is encountered it seems to be in a normal grass field, whereas the other styles are found in specifically coloured flowered areas, with Baile and Pom Pom in flower fields and Sensu in a wooded area.

We haven't, actually, though it is fair to assume that they're there, seeing as "Akala" is Hawaiian for "pink". Also, while we don't see pink flowers during the P'au Form reveal, we do see active volcanoes in the background, which does place it firmly on Akala.

shadowF

hey guys, so I was just looking at the Alola map and I just spotted something that you guys may have already pointed out but still thought it was interesting to discuss. On the top right corner of the map there are clouds hiding an Island. What do you guys think this Island will be used for? Are there other Islands that are being hidden? Another thing I noticed was the fact that there are some spots in the island that are empty like there is something that could be built there. Do you guys think that perhaps the empty places will be for us to build something like a house or gym in these places?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
hey guys, so I was just looking at the Alola map and I just spotted something that you guys may have already pointed out but still thought it was interesting to discuss. On the top right corner of the map there are clouds hiding an Island. What do you guys think this Island will be used for? Are there other Islands that are being hidden? Another thing I noticed was the fact that there are some spots in the island that are empty like there is something that could be built there. Do you guys think that perhaps the empty places will be for us to build something like a house or gym in these places?
Yeah, it's been pointed out before, but no confirmation as to what it'll be used for. I'm thinking for a battle against AZ, because tree.

R_N

Yeah, it's been pointed out before, but no confirmation as to what it'll be used for. I'm thinking for a battle against AZ, because tree.

The Tree looks more like a giant beansprout/stalk so I'm not really seeing the connection.
mUZm0dm.png

I mean so far as mysterious large trees go there's the one on the canyon island

0veetdb.jpg

But I don't see either necessarily being relevant to AZ. The one tree he's associated with, the one in Sootopolis, doesn't look like either of these (much less the one like a beanstalk).

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The Tree looks more like a giant beansprout/stalk so I'm not really seeing the connection.

But I don't see either necessarily being relevant to AZ. The one tree he's associated with, the one in Sootopolis, doesn't look like either of these (much less the one like a beanstalk).
The "beanstalk" looks more like a giant tree sapling IMO, but maybe that's just me.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur

An idea I had that I've mentioned earlier in the thread was perhaps that island is a jumping of point to a new area where we'll find a specific legendary Pokemon. Sort of like the White Rock forming the Seabreak Path in DPPt. I envision it turning into an actual beanstalk that leads us to a Jack and the Beanstalk-style sky area. Maybe with just a legendary, or maybe with a whole sky-island to explore (please make Skypiea in Pokemon, GF).

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Look like a palm tree to me. I'm under the impression it's just a bit of art to spice the overall look up. And not anything significant that we can actually visit.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Look like a palm tree to me. I'm under the impression it's just a bit of art to spice the overall look up. And not anything significant that we can actually visit.

The world's largest Alolan Exeggutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.