• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetius

So the island with the mysterious sprout ended up being Isle Abeens of the Poké Pelago, where stored pokémon can play around and wild pokémon will occasionally appear.
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in that, kind of hoped the sprout would be more relevant.

I know what you mean, but on the other hand we've got an interesting new method to catch Pokèmon! :D
Who knows, some of them may have their HA.

R_N

So the island with the mysterious sprout ended up being Isle Abeens of the Poké Pelago, where stored pokémon can play around and wild pokémon will occasionally appear.
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in that, kind of hoped the sprout would be more relevant.

Doesn't look especially good for a post-game area, though

middle area covered by clouds in the in-game map, please, save us

shadowF

I wonder if the island is gifted to us as a reward or every pokemon trainer gets a Poké Pelago. It would Seem weird to just get a island all to ourselves (Poké Pelago) without a story behind it.

Tepigfan

Alright guys, so we already know where mostly everything is except for one thing... the festival plaza! Where do you guys think it is? I think it may be on some remote island, or possibly not a real location and more of a dream world/Entree type place. So what do you guys think?

.Aerodactyl.

Oh dang, you're right. I guess when I said it was a beansprout I wasn't far off! I wonder why we can only see one island and not the whole Poke Pelago though... I guess maybe it was in an earlier stage of development when they made the map art.

It does say that it has to be "built up". So maybe it's just the one you start with? And then build the others over time through the game (maybe why we see that store with the hammer on it in one of the video screenshots?)

Bus

Alright guys, so we already know where mostly everything is except for one thing... the festival plaza! Where do you guys think it is? I think it may be on some remote island, or possibly not a real location and more of a dream world/Entree type place. So what do you guys think?

It looked like Sophocles has some involvement with it, so my guess would be whatever island you can find Sophocles at is where you find the Festival Plaza.

Gizmoa

I wonder if the island is gifted to us as a reward or every pokemon trainer gets a Poké Pelago. It would Seem weird to just get a island all to ourselves (Poké Pelago) without a story behind it.

A lot of past games have hinted that when your pokemon go into the PC boxes, they actually go hang out at a real world sort of park location, this is just the first time they are actually showing us what those locations look like, which I think is really cool.

Gis4Gamer

I think the Festival Plaza is a virtual reality space that Sophocles created. In the trailer, you can see another player materialise into the plaza as the player is running around. The plaza is also a complete circle without any indication of an exit.

Gizmoa

I think the Festival Plaza is a virtual reality space that Sophocles created. In the trailer, you can see another player materialise into the plaza as the player is running around. The plaza is also a complete circle without any indication of an exit.

Yeah, seems like that.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Worth pointing out, when Sinoa/Dexio are talking to you about Mega Stones it appears to be at that ruined city like place on the legendary island:

Edit: For some reason I can't upload the photo, so hopefully you guys know what place I'm talking about.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
I feel like they confirmed it being found on Route 1 somewhere, but it's pretty much guaranteed anyway. I imagine they had the Yungoos/Pikipek/Grubbin update ready to go because of the high chance they'd be seen in the wild in the demo.

Rattata will probably also take Yungoos' place during night time.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Worth pointing out, when Sinoa/Dexio are talking to you about Mega Stones it appears to be at that ruined city like place on the legendary island:

Edit: For some reason I can't upload the photo, so hopefully you guys know what place I'm talking about.
Well that's good to know. Looks like we won't get Megas until the postgame, or very late storyline. Completely fine with me tbh.

Rattata will probably also take Yungoos' place during night time.
Yes, very likely. We know the Raticate/Gumshoos trial is on the first island, and it makes sense for direct counterparts to be found in the same place. Just like Zangoose and Seviper, although they were separated by versions originally.

shadowF

so with the english trailer today it seems Hau is a competitive rival. With the text Hau says and the location he is in it seems like the snow mountain place really is the final destination for the pokemon league or whatever it is for the trial thing is. Like the Alola region's version of the pokemon league and victory road.

Tepigfan

so with the english trailer today it seems Hau is a competitive rival. With the text Hau says and the location he is in it seems like the snow mountain place really is the final destination for the pokemon league or whatever it is for the trial thing is. Like the Alola region's version of the pokemon league and victory road.

Are you sure? In one of the trailers they sped through like 10 locations that looked like they were for the trials, and one of them was on the snowy mountain. But I am kind of clueless of to how this game will end.

IGN made a second article regarding their playtest, and revealed a pretty interesting fact:
""With only a couple of hours under my belt, there’s plenty of little details I haven’t been able to explore. The Poke Pelago feature that has your Pokemon doing useful stuff even while they’re stored in your PC (still a weird concept), the QR code system that allows other players to help you track down undiscovered Pokemon, Poke Riding and, most intriguing of all, the fact that your character definitely has a dad, but no one will say what’s happened to him. I look forward to dying of old age with a 3DS still in my hands, trying to cope with all this stuff.
Seems like for the first time since Hoenn we will get a dad that has a role in the game.

This arcical confirms the theories that the festival plaza is a digital environment! Cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

diakyu

A month from release and we have our first name for a location besides the normal route names. I was genuinely starting to believe they weren't named.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This arcical confirms the theories that the festival plaza is a digital environment! Cool!

We have gone full Shin Megami Tensei.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Man, the canyon the Janmo-o evos are shown in is beautiful.

knightwolf09

You know, playing the demo, how big of a overall scale do you feel like Alola will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.