• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespiqueen

You know, it kind of makes me sad that we won't 8 different towns to explore. I used to always look forward to seeing the different designs of the towns.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You know, it kind of makes me sad that we won't 8 different towns to explore. I used to always look forward to seeing the different designs of the towns.

There are four islands... I do believe there'll be at least two cities per island which makes eight, so don't worry

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'

We'll have a lot more than 8 towns though?

Sakuraba

I can't say I disagree. The lack of gyms can just take some identity from smaller cities. I mean, maybe not. It's possible that they'll be unique enough for it to not matter. I dunno.

knightwolf09

I can't say I disagree. The lack of gyms can just take some identity from smaller cities. I mean, maybe not. It's possible that they'll be unique enough for it to not matter. I dunno.

Maybe the lack of gyms is a really good thing for the region. Thanks to trials you only have to go to different areas on the map where they take place, and it helps you take in the area around you rather than going to one town go to the gym then onto the next one. They actually help you look at the region in it's entirety.

Sakuraba

Maybe the lack of gyms is a really good thing for the region. Thanks to trials you only have to go to different areas on the map where they take place, and it helps you take in the area around you rather than going to one town go to the gym then onto the next one. They actually help you look at the region in it's entirety.

Not really. With or without Gyms every region will have memorable and forgetiful places. I just thinking on how most people wil identify smaller cities. A lot of cities are just "The 4th Gym City" or like that. Without it, people may just not mention it at all.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Not really. With or without Gyms every region will have memorable and forgetiful places. I just thinking on how most people wil identify smaller cities. A lot of cities are just "The 4th Gym City" or like that. Without it, people may just not mention it at all.

Yeah I can see this being a great thing if the cities/towns each have a lot of unique characteristics. We could start remembering the cities/towns by their unique aspects instead of what gym theyre near. But it could also just end up being like "the city near ____ trial" and it'll basically be the same as usual. I hope they do it well as everyone does lol.

Sakuraba

Yeah I can see this being a great thing if the cities/towns each have a lot of unique characteristics. We could start remembering the cities/towns by their unique aspects instead of what gym theyre near. But it could also just end up being like "the city near ____ trial" and it'll basically be the same as usual. I hope they do it well as everyone does lol.

If I had to bet it'll be like that. Mistralton is the 5th Gym city, but I'm sure everyones remember the Airport, the Thundurus/Tornadus event and the Bell Tower near it despite everything.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If I had to bet it'll be like that. Mistralton is the 5th Gym city, but I'm sure everyones remember the Airport, the Thundurus/Tornadus event and the Bell Tower near it despite everything.

thats true.
I personally wouldn't be able to name what cities are by each monument/event but I can't name the cities usually because now there's too many :p only the first region I can remember them all haha

Sulfurian

Hopefully the area where we have the daycare or two will be as nice as oras was, as that's where I usually hang out at on my games.

Sakuraba

thats true.
I personally wouldn't be able to name what cities are by each monument/event but I can't name the cities usually because now there's too many :p only the first region I can remember them all haha

Given how gamefreak wants to hammer in the fact that Alola is closer to nature than previous regions, I think most cities will be remembered by near dungeons. Like how Shalour City is known for the Mega-Evolution Tower, The Gym and Reflection Cave. Or Vermillion for the Digglet Cave and so on.

Creyk

Playing this game with the current camera view is such a pain. I hope the implemented bottom screen map will fix this issue. But then that is what we need to use the bottom screen for most of the time, when it looks like there will be many others good uses for it with that pokemon taming and sending them to work feature

Hauke_von_Arding

Playing this game with the current camera view is such a pain. I hope the implemented bottom screen map will fix this issue. But then that is what we need to use the bottom screen for most of the time, when it looks like there will be many others good uses for it with that pokemon taming and sending them to work feature

Eh... what exactly is your problem with the camera view? I had no problems with it in the demo.

diakyu

It's very easy to tell where you're going, unlike Lumiose.

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

We could have more towns seeing as we have 7 trial captains, and 4 kahunas. It's almost like we have 11 gym leaders.

diakyu

I count 9 towns/cities, what are you guys talking about?

Oathkeeper

Pursuer of the Past
Names for towns and such have gotten harder to remember over time. Why can't we just go back to Kanto and name everything after colors. That was easy. "I like the purple place". "You mean Lavender town?" "Yeah!"
Joking aside though, the towns shown in the "world map" all look very distinct. No two look very much alike, which I think will help people to find at least a few of them to be memorable. There is also the fact that the fourth (and seemingly largest) island has no towns or cities at all. It's just all ruins and nature. While on the other hand the "fifth" island seems to be the smallest but is basically a town all on its own.

diakyu

The last island has one town, it's that town on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.