• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hope that the volcano on the starting island is accessible later on. It could serve as a nice post game challenge.

On an unrelated note, I found something interesting while I was looking at the map of the Alola region.
View attachment 15636
It looks like it says the word "Delta". This seems extremely odd and doesn't seem like it should be there. It could relate to the Delta Emerald trademark, but I could also be reading way too far into this. I hadn't seen this anywhere else, so I'm pretty sure that this is a new find.

No matter how hard I squint, I'm just not seeing it. You're probably just looking too deep into it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So what island are we starting on? Is it the bottom left island? I think we are traveling by boat to other islands due to Surf being usually obtainable later in the game.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So what island are we starting on? Is it the bottom left island? I think we are traveling by boat to other islands due to Surf being usually obtainable later in the game.
We're starting on the northern most island to the left.

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am personally liking all the different type of environments we have on these islands.

We have a Canyon, Badlands/Deserts, Ice Area, possible swamp/marsh are, forests, volcanic area, and of course numerous tropical beach like areas. I could be wrong but this region seems to have the most varied environments of all the pokemon games. and I am really looking forward to it.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Any idea on where this scene takes place?

image.jpg

I initially thought it was at the bridge near the starter town, but the landscaping in the background is different.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I like to see Alola have a city that is the largest of all the cities in the region. We got this in previous games so it be interesting to see if Alola has it.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk

View attachment 15641

I initially thought it was at the bridge near the starter town, but the landscaping in the background is different.

I think it's still possible for that to be where this takes place. If not, the only other wooden bridge I can see is on the furthermost west island, before the pyramid-shrine.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I like to see Alola have a city that is the largest of all the cities in the region. We got this in previous games so it be interesting to see if Alola has it.

I don't think there is one. Most of the buildings are heavily spread out and there is more emphasis on natural areas.

Akashin

I don't think there is one. Most of the buildings are heavily spread out and there is more emphasis on natural areas.

Well, each island (barring Legendary Island) seems to have their own largest city, but it doesn't look like any of them dwarf every other city in the entire region. At least not from what we can see.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Great job! though i think Molokai is not included, I think Kahului is what you describe as Kaunakakai, because it's the exact same spot on the island as its real world counterpart, and it's also the largest town on Maui. And what you mark as Pools of 'Oheo' / Hana is actually Grand Wailea resort, the largest resort in Hawaii with its own private beach and many swimming pools and the world famous golf course behind the resort as well, just like what is shown on the Alola map.

The small island with the black sand beach is Kahoolawe, and the White Terraces is probably represents 15 waterfalls on East Maui. The Hotel on the very far east next to the White Terraces is Hana (there is a famous Japanese style hotel there). Back to the west side, I think it's Lahaina. Lahaina Lighthouse is the oldest lighthouse in the Pacific! Lahaina also has like 5 cemeteries, including the Chinese style, Man Fook Tong Cemetery.

Ooh. That surely changed my perspective, literally.

So they didn't use Molokai or Lanai at all, and that the whole island is Maui turned sideways.
Now the places are more fitting.

Updated the map.
Old version deleted.

View attachment 15641

That's the suspension bridge on "Kauai" island near the pyramid shrine as pointed out by Beck.

Mokepon22

What if the artificial island is the "big city" of this region? Like Mauville it could be indoors and since it's at the center then it could act like a hub for the major islands. None of the cities on the major islands are really outstanding like Castelia or Lumiose

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ooh. That surely changed my perspective, literally.

So they didn't use Molokai or Lanai at all, and that the whole island is Maui turned sideways.
Now the places are more fitting.

Updated the map.
Old version deleted.

That's the suspension bridge on "Kauai" island near the pyramid shrine as pointed out by Beck.

Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor? Those names are likely coincidence and probably change later on but that is like a reference to DP games.

What if the artificial island is the "big city" of this region? Like Mauville it could be indoors and since it's at the center then it could act like a hub for the major islands. None of the cities on the major islands are really outstanding like Castelia or Lumiose

I don't think so, simply considering its position in the region. The (rather small) city on the North Western island is more than likely based on Honolulu, considering all of the similarities with the real life counterpart, and also seems to have the largest number of buildings in the entire region, which is normally a bit of a pointer.

Hauke_von_Arding

I doubt it's this bridge. I personally think they wouldn't choose a scene so late in the game to introduce her. I think it's somewhere on Oahu.

Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor? Those names are likely coincidence and probably change later on but that is like a reference to DP games.

This are the place names in Real Life... Not ingame.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I doubt it's this bridge. I personally think they wouldn't choose a scene so late in the game to introduce her. I think it's somewhere on Oahu.

Pretty sure it is the said bridge.
There are no other suspension bridges hanging between cliffs around Alola.

Also, trailers picking scenes from later parts of a game/movie/tv show is nothing out of ordinary.

They already spoiled us where we will encounter the box legends anyway.
Furthermore, we already have the whole Alola map spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.