• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
After an evaluation of the map, I believe the scene at around 0:45 seconds of the recent trailer takes place at one of these two lakes on the northeast island:

Lakes 2.JPG

... I'm not really sure which one.

vladimirescu

I just noticed that in the new trailer the place where Charjabug battles Mimikyu is a cemetery. I'm happy that this one looks lively, with the colorful flowers next to the graves and the lush green scenery. That's not to say I dislike the gloomy feel of past Gen's cemeteries, but its nice to have a change that reflects the personality of Alola.

Aetius

I just noticed that in the new trailer the place where Charjabug battles Mimikyu is a cemetery. I'm happy that this one looks lively, with the colorful flowers next to the graves and the lush green scenery. That's not to say I dislike the gloomy feel of past Gen's cemeteries, but its nice to have a change that reflects the personality of Alola.

Actually, there ominous clouds on the horizon, so the gloom didn't disappear. XD
I might be wrong though, for the upper part of the screen wasn't the main focus in that moment. :D

Ditto24

I hope Alola has some sort of haunted place like The Old Chateau or Lavender Town.

In the Japanese trailer we see Mimikyu in what looks like an abandoned shop/building so maybe that could be haunted

Pancham4life

I am Shadow the Pup!
This is a somewhat weird thing, but I am the only one who thinks that the top of the volcano almost looks like a sleeping puppy?

View attachment 15744

I'm not saying it means anything, but I just can't unsee it.

I see a mudsdale (new horse Pokemon) or whatever the name is.

What trailer?

It's the Japanese version of the one we just got, it's on the Japanese Pokémon YouTube. Just type in PokemonJP into YouTube and you should find it ^_^

vespiqueen

It's the Japanese version of the one we just got, it's on the Japanese Pokémon YouTube. Just type in PokemonJP into YouTube and you should find it ^_^

Okay thank you!

I like that the people of Alola believe that you can't peak under Mimikyu's clothing.
I wonder if the people of this island are going to be very superstitious.

Actually, there ominous clouds on the horizon, so the gloom didn't disappear. XD
I might be wrong though, for the upper part of the screen wasn't the main focus in that moment. :D

I don't see any ominous clouds, I only see some hills, and for a split second a glimpse of a clear sky.
Either way, I too think it is great that we actually have a nicer, well kept cemetery with flowers and such. Encounter-wise I expect mostly regular grassland pokémon with some ghosts here and there.
The abandoned grocery store also looks neat, and I think it is a great idea for an area with Ghost(and Dark) type pokémon. Still waiting for an abandoned theme park though.

On a slightly different note, Comfey's arena indicates that the flower fields from Kalos will make a return.

I don't see any ominous clouds, I only see some hills, and for a split second a glimpse of a clear sky.
Either way, I too think it is great that we actually have a nicer, well kept cemetery with flowers and such. Encounter-wise I expect mostly regular grassland pokémon with some ghosts here and there.
The abandoned grocery store also looks neat, and I think it is a great idea for an area with Ghost(and Dark) type pokémon. Still waiting for an abandoned theme park though.

On a slightly different note, Comfey's arena indicates that the flower fields from Kalos will make a return.

The cemetery definitely seems like the perfect place for Phantump/Trevenant, and the abandoned grocery store kind of reminds me of New Mauville.

The cemetery screams Phoebe to me. It would be a shame if she didn't appear at all in these games. Also, yes, the flower fields are back. The flower arena was first seen during the reveal of Magearna's Soul Heart ability, though. I'm just getting more excited with every passing day tbh. I'm excited for CoroCoro's scoop on the next island in August.

Anthea

so where do you guys think we can find the legendaries? I hope to god it is not found in a crappy generic lab ala team flare labs. I much prefer groundon/kyogre/lugia/hoOh esque locations. But it would make even more sense to probably find these legends in space, but you know doubt that would happen.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
so where do you guys think we can find the legendaries? I hope to god it is not found in a crappy generic lab ala team flare labs. I much prefer groundon/kyogre/lugia/hoOh esque locations. But it would make even more sense to probably find these legends in space, but you know doubt that would happen.

According to footage, it's the altar on the southwest island.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

I'm real excited for the abandoned store. I love areas like that.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I've been meaning to ask this for a while now...
Why do you think they called Alola (from CoroCoro) the "Southern Island"?

Hawaii is on the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It has nothing up north (except Alaska) and the rest of the Pacific Islands lie southwest of Hawaii...
Also it's located above equator.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now...
Why do you think they called Alola (from CoroCoro) the "Southern Island"?

Hawaii is on the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It has nothing up north (except Alaska) and the rest of the Pacific Islands lie southwest of Hawaii...

Preeeety sure they we referring to a southern island in Alola, seeing as Alola itself isn't an island, it's several.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Preeeety sure they we referring to a southern island in Alola, seeing as Alola itself isn't an island, it's several.

"Southern Islands Alola Guide"
I know my adjectives.

Southern Islands modifies the noun, Alola.

Forgot the 's' on my previous post, which probably led to your confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.