• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So the traditional gym format is actually gone, well damn lmao.

Charbox

I couldn't stop laughing at it, it's so perfect!

Charbox

So the traditional gym format is actually gone, well damn lmao.

From the phrasing on the site the challenge itself is to help young people become fine Pokémon trainers, leading me to believe that it's actually possible that we could see another region in the post-game. Or, you know; we get a PWT but with trainers on that artificial island as in the anime conferences and the victor is allowed to take on the E4/Champion (I mean, there's a castle structure behind that giant white box...).

Also, Ride Pokémon being a service I called out, but being able to contact them in a hire situation is pretty cool! Also, it seems as though soaring is all but confirmed with Charizard's appearance! :D

sheld999

i perdicted there be something similair to the 4 strong trainers 1 of each island. ( i originally predicted there be a chief for each island toy must battle ) but this new thing they just announced will do =)

i think the gyms be announced later on. im guessing there be 2 per island

Aetius

So the chinese leak may have become legit with this latest announcement.
Either way, I didn't expect to see new forms exclusive to Alola and this new gyms's battle's format!
These games are looking more and more gorgeous!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So Lurantis is the Totem of the "Akala Island" which has lush jungles.

Is that the South-Western one?

GDK

Yep akala Island is the seoncd island we know and most likely the one they'll talk about in the next corocoro.

Where did we learn this?

And I don't see anything I'd consider a lush jungle on the south western island, but, rather, the south eastern island.

Yep akala Island is the seoncd island we know and most likely the one they'll talk about in the next corocoro.

Judging from how little we've heard about the story and how we already know the Legendary Pokemon are seen on this particular south western island, I highly doubt we'll be seeing that one featured in CC.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

As I've posted on the ALola Pokedex thread...

Akala means PINK.
Maui's state color is pink, just as Oahu (Melemele) is to yellow.

So, the island with the volcano is Akala.

Grey Wind

Akala means PINK.

I know the totem Pokemon don't necessarily need to match the captain's type, but I'd find it really weird if we had a trial on a volcano led by a Fire type captain... and then had a Grass type as the totem.

I wonder if it could be a typo.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

Akala means PINK.

I doubt it, Kiawe is seen near an active volcano. So I'm guessing he is on the North-Eastern island.

Mallow seems to be the trial leader of Akala.

EDIT:

I'm, also thinking we'll be travelling in a "U" shape. Melemele->Akala->South-Eastern island-> North-eastern island. I'm basing this off of the order the trial leaders are listed on the official site.

Lana seems like she hangs out in the bay area of Melemele.

Mallow resides in the jungles of Akala.

Sophocles is probably in the observatory in the northern part of the South-Eastern island.

Kiawe resides near the volcanic area on the North-Eastern Island.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I doubt it, Kiawe is seen near an active volcano. So I'm guessing he is on the North-Eastern island.

EDIT:

I'm, also thinking we'll be travelling in a "U" shape. Melemele->Akala->South-Eastern island-> North-eastern island. I'm basing this off of the order the trial leaders are listed on the official site.
I think Mallow's on Melemele, because it looks like we're on that cave waterfall place when speaking with her.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I think Mallow's on Melemele, because it looks like we're on that cave waterfall place when speaking with her.

I disagree. She says "Welcome to the lush Jungle" when you meet up with her. And Lurantis is said to be the totem of Akala's lush jungle.

Also interesting to note that in I think the dex entry of Alolan Sandslash. It says that the snowy mountain is a holy mountain.

pokefreakceetje

I disagree. She says "Welcome to the lush Jungle" when you meet up with her. And Lurantis is said to be the totem of Akala's lush jungle.

Also interesting to note that in I think the dex entry of Alolan Sandslash. It says that the snowy mountain is a holy mountain.

It was Ninetales' dex description

While I agree that the electric guy seems fitting for the observatory, he'd be set up on the island which appears to have the lush jungles Akala is said to have to the western side of the island. I mean, unless we encounter the cover legendary really early on/don't have access to half of the island..?

goodpeople25

EDIT:

Lana seems like she hangs out in the bay area of Melemele.

Mallow resides in the jungles of Akala.

Sophocles is probably in the observatory in the northern part of the South-Eastern island.

Kiawe resides near the volcanic area on the North-Eastern Island.
And Kiawe being at that volcano makes what Wulava said mutually exclusive? Is there info I missed or is there just assumptions floating around. (Though understandable of course, it's pretty early and the wording is pretty vauge)

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
While I agree that the electric guy seems fitting for the observatory, he'd be set up on the island which appears to have the lush jungles Akala is said to have to the western side of the island. I mean, unless we encounter the cover legendary really early on/don't have access to half of the island..?

Why would he be on a jungle with lush islands? Mallow is already said to be in the jungle.

And Kiawe being at that volcano makes what Wulava said mutually exclusive? Is there info I missed or is there just assumptions floating around. (Though understandable of course, it's pretty early and the wording is pretty vauge)

On the official pokemon website it talks about how Lurantis is the totem pokemon in the lush jungles of Akala. And when you meet Mallow, she welcomes you to the lush jungles, which are her training grounds or whatever.

Therefore, Akala can't be the Volcanic island as each island has one leader. And the leader of Akala is Mallow.

It was Ninetales' dex description

Ah thanks! I wonder what that entails, perhaps an ice legend?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.