• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Region Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
I hope to get the Surf HM there's like a little surf shop that will also teach Pikachu how to surf.

gliscor&yanmega

Figured I'd take a guess at where the new Pokemon will be located(At the earliest possible since most likely we'll encounter them in different locations too):

Melemele Island:
Rowlett, Littlen, and Popplio-Already know where, where Hala lives.
Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin-Already know where, route 1.
Rockruff-Not sure if it will be a gift or rare encounter, but I think we can get it by the big city.
Minior-Around the crater.
Cutiefly, Stufful, Oricorio-After the big city, around the motel.
Tapu Koko-Should be obtained on the first island at least(Probably not until much later in the game though). Either the waterfall cave or the crater.
Bruxish-In any body of water.
Crabrawler-On beaches.

Akala Island:
Togedemaru, and Mimikyu-Leading up to the lighthouse.
Komala, Bounsweet, Fomantis, and Passimian/Oranguru-Lush Jungle.
Pyukumuku and Sandygast-On the beach.
Mudbray-The farm.
Wishiwashi-The waterfalls.
Comfey, Morelull, Wimpod-Near the motel.
Salandit, and Turtonator-Around the volcano.

Ice mountain island:
?

Canyon island:
Jangmo-o and Drampa-Somewhere around there.
Solgaleo/Lunala-At the platform near the top of the island.

Artificial Island:
Type: Null-Gift.

Ideally, all Pokemon will be obtainable early enough but there probably will be cases of late captures.

Edit: Probably more accurate to also place where the Alolan form Pokemon will be and probably even old Pokemon. Guess this is more of a hope they are around here kind of deal then. I just don't want to end up missing out on using a Pokemon because it's not available until the third/fourth island and it'll evolve in a level or two.

Last edited:

future.newyorker

Where is this island at with the palm tree that y'all were talking about? I can't seem to find it on a map, unless it's that small island right next to the lower left island on the official artwork.

gliscor&yanmega

Where is this island at with the palm tree that y'all were talking about? I can't seem to find it on a map, unless it's that small island right next to the lower left island on the official artwork.

It's in the upper right corner of the official map. It's covered by clouds a bit so it's hard to make out.

wunderkind

Figured I'd take a guess at where the new Pokemon will be located(At the earliest possible since most likely we'll encounter them in different locations too):

Melemele Island:
Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin-Already know where, route 1.

Do we have confirmation on Grubbin? As I recall, the E3 demo was on Route 1, but the only Pokemon we saw there were Pikipek, Yungoose, and Ledyba.

gliscor&yanmega

Do we have confirmation on Grubbin? As I recall, the E3 demo was on Route 1, but the only Pokemon we saw there were Pikipek, Yungoose, and Ledyba.

I thought they showed it too, but maybe I mixed it up since we got a video revealing Grubbin with the others. There was another demo after that(I think World Hobby on June 25/26), the video was never revealed but someone revealed what Pokemon were encountered, I thought it was Junichi Masuda but I can't find the tweet.

I hope it's early regardless.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I thought they showed it too, but maybe I mixed it up since we got a video revealing Grubbin with the others. There was another demo after that(I think World Hobby on June 25/26), the video was never revealed but someone revealed what Pokemon were encountered, I thought it was Junichi Masuda but I can't find the tweet.

I hope it's early regardless.

I think it's Route 1 because I remember them being really disappointed to find Ledyba, lol.

Grey Wind

I feel like they confirmed it being found on Route 1 somewhere, but it's pretty much guaranteed anyway. I imagine they had the Yungoos/Pikipek/Grubbin update ready to go because of the high chance they'd be seen in the wild in the demo.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Can confirm, the Route shown during the E3 demo was Route 1.

TheEliteEmpoleon

The deal with Grubbin, I'm 99% sure, was that it was intended to be revealed alongside Pikipek and Yungoos during the E3 Demo. It didn't come up, however, as the guy played through. The evidence is that it was revealed in the trailer that elaborated on Pikipek and Yungoos that came out right as the demo ended.
Basically, yes, Grubbin is extremely likely to appear on Route 1.

sheld999

The deal with Grubbin, I'm 99% sure, was that it was intended to be revealed alongside Pikipek and Yungoos during the E3 Demo. It didn't come up, however, as the guy played through. The evidence is that it was revealed in the trailer that elaborated on Pikipek and Yungoos that came out right as the demo ended.

most likely

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Didn't they literally say (paraphrasing) "You were supposed to run into this guy (Grubbin), but you're neverlucky and kept finding Ledyba, so here he is anyway." XD It was kinda like when they try to reveal a new card for Hearthstone in a show match and the guy just never draws it. They show it at the end anyway.

Tepigfan

A little off-topic from the current discussion but I have really wanted to share this for a while, so I have been constantly looking over the trailers and, I have noticed the size of these towns are quite unusual, much, much bigger then normal towns are in most pokemon games, I just cant wait to explore them!

scififan21

The idea of exploring everywhere is so exciting to me as well.

Aetius

A little off-topic from the current discussion but I have really wanted to share this for a while, so I have been constantly looking over the trailers and, I have noticed the size of these towns are quite unusual, much, much bigger then normal towns are in most pokemon games, I just cant wait to explore them!

And to think that there are still people who believe that Alola will be the smallest region ever!
I think that their misconception lies in the fact that there are only 5 islands...

So the island with the mysterious sprout ended up being Isle Abeens of the Poké Pelago, where stored pokémon can play around and wild pokémon will occasionally appear.
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in that, kind of hoped the sprout would be more relevant.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
So the island with the mysterious sprout ended up being Isle Abeens of the Poké Pelago, where stored pokémon can play around and wild pokémon will occasionally appear.
I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed in that, kind of hoped the sprout would be more relevant.
Oh dang, you're right. I guess when I said it was a beansprout I wasn't far off! I wonder why we can only see one island and not the whole Poke Pelago though... I guess maybe it was in an earlier stage of development when they made the map art.

Status
Not open for further replies.