• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola! The First Visitation Day!! (967)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Without any subtitles, this episode was still hilarious and entertaining. Delia and Ash battling together was the best. I love how they make Litten really behave like a real life cat.

Ash is easily guided in a few ways so I can see how Rotom and his horrible advice took advantage of Ash.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Well whaddaya know, Delia actually DID take on Team Skull! :eek:
...unfortunately it was with Litten instead of Mr. Mime. -_-

Though that was annoyingly short for such a great premise. I know SM is focusing more in comedy & fun over action (especially thanks to XY's focus on action not helping much), but c'mon producers!
(Someone should really tell them that doing the reverse of the last saga to deal with its problems just leads to new ones...)

Cat's Eye Draco

So, I take it there was no mention of Lillie's family (or absence thereof) after all?

(Not that there really needed to be considering upcoming events; just curious since almost everyone was predicting some kind of sad Lillie moment and there's been no mention of one thus far.)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So, I take it there was no mention of Lillie's family (or absence thereof) after all?

(Not that there really needed to be considering upcoming events; just curious since almost everyone was predicting some kind of sad Lillie moment and there's been no mention of one thus far.)

No, there was no mention of the absence of Lillie's family (and as you said, there was no need for one, given upcoming events). James the butler addressed Ash as "Satoshi-sama," which, naturally, confused Delia a bit, leading to Ash explaining that James was Lillie's butler. Interestingly, I just realized Lillie is the only classmate to whom Ash formally introduced his mother. Mallow recognized Delia, and Sophocles, Lana, and Kiawe didn't actually meet her directly (at least, not on screen).

Cat's Eye Draco

No, there was no mention of the absence of Lillie's family (and as you said, there was no need for one, given upcoming events). James the butler addressed Ash as "Satoshi-sama," which, naturally, confused Delia a bit, leading to Ash explaining that James was Lillie's butler. Interestingly, I just realized Lillie is the only classmate to whom Ash formally introduced his mother. Mallow recognized Delia, and Sophocles, Lana, and Kiawe didn't actually meet her directly (at least, not on screen).

Gotcha. I didn't think there was one, but my computer was acting a bit slow this morning and I wondered if I might have missed it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
With Delia's intereaction with Litten, I wonder if it'll stay with her at her house after Alola is over.

That is assuming it doesnt evolve all the way to Incineroar.

DatsRight

Cute episode, very dialogue focused though so I'll need a translation for proper analysis.

Nice to see Delia again (hopefully not her final appearance in SM), calling Litten getting 'Delia-ed' instead of 'Oak-ed' when the series ends (though it's minor, the cute scene with Mallow holding Rowlet also leaves me wondering if they'll be a trade at some point, it would be convenient in many regards).

Mimey looked a bit relieved Delia took reign of Litten in the battle. Cute how it mirrors Ash's confrontation in the first episode, seems she shares her son's reckless heroism, now she just needs to make a patented Ketchum rescue dive. :p

The place seemed surprisingly lax about Ash cheating with Rotom for the presentation. Shame we didn't see more of the parents, wonder who the market lady was around for.

Team Skull were.......mildly more menacing. Still curb stomped by the main lot, but managed to wreak some terror beforehand. Wonder why they didn't just use those Tauros though.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The place seemed surprisingly lax about Ash cheating with Rotom for the presentation. Shame we didn't see more of the parents, wonder who the market lady was around for.

I guess maybe Kukui also considers Rotomdex a bit of a student on its own.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Team Skull were.......mildly more menacing. Still curb stomped by the main lot, but managed to wreak some terror beforehand. Wonder why they didn't just use those Tauros though.

If I understood correctly, both Mallow and Kiawe said their parents couldn't make it. I think the marketplace lady was just there as a guest; she wasn't there for any one student in particular.

I think those Tauros belonged to the school (or to students at the school), and Team Skull "borrowed" them just to wreak havoc, which may explain why they ditched the Tauros when they ran off. (I love how Mallow commented on how the TS grunts didn't have their motorcycles this time.)

I didn't mention this earlier, but I do like how we saw other students aside from the ones in Ash's class, and that one of those students even got a speaking role. It gives more life to this school, which is nice, since we don't get to see a lot of it, and it reminds us that this is actually a school, with multiple classrooms and more students than just Ash and his friends.

Cat's Eye Draco

If I understood correctly, both Mallow and Kiawe said their parents couldn't make it. I think the marketplace lady was just there as a guest; she wasn't there for any one student in particular.

Except maybe Litten as its proud grandma. :p It's kinda cute how she has a necklace with a pendant that matches the markings on Litten's forehead. In all her previous appearances I never noticed that before.

Last edited:

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
So Ash cheated nice to see him finally break the rules (somebody pls correct me if I am wrong)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Except maybe Litten as its proud grandma. :p It's kinda cute how she has a necklace with a pendant that matches the markings on Litten's forehead. In all her previous appearances I never noticed that before.

I kind of liked that she was there and checked up on litten, good continuity.

dman_dustin

I like how morally wrong this episode is and how the teachers and parents alike will look the other way from cheating.

Don't think this was about cheating, but more like you don't have to be an encyclopedia to have a good report, and that you just need to be yourself or rather believe in yourself

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Good luck succeeding using that in Middle School.

I'm starting to think it's impossible to fail in this school...

Well, impossible if you have Kukui as a teacher. And Oak as the principal.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Also noticed that Lillie referred to Delia as okaasama, which is a very polite and respectful way of saying "mother".