• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola! The First Visitation Day!! (967)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Also noticed that Lillie referred to Delia as okaasama, which is a very polite and respectful way of saying "mother".

I noticed that, too. It's just another example of how extremely formal she is. (She does use watakushi, which is the most formal way of saying "I.") It also makes her a stark, rather amusing contrast to super casual Ash. :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Geez Delia only met Lillie and Mao chan on screen. She didn't call Lillie cute like some speculated she would. This episode is still further strengthening my early thought of Ash-Mallow-Lillie trio especially since they were the ones with the most screentime & focus. I would rather Litten be Delia'd at the end of the saga than Oak'd.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Ah heck, schools in anime seem to never mind how poorly their students do or how many classes they miss (Right, Usagi and Ichigo?). Even colleges seem to serve more as a setting where people hang out than an actual institute of learning (let alone a higher one). After all, otaku don't turn in to their favorite shows to watch characters have regular, every day lessons.

Ash cheating and getting away with it is pretty much par the course :p

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So Ash cheated nice to see him finally break the rules (somebody pls correct me if I am wrong)

Not really sure if it should be said to be 'cheating' or 'faking it'.
So, can't really say if there was any rule broker or not, since this wasn't a test or anything. Kukui just asked him to do a presentation because he is a non-local and has seen the other variants of the Alolan Variants and knows about them.

From what i understood, Ash tried hard to write the speech by using his own styling of words. But Rotom stopped him and tried to make him do a analytical style of speech, with info and fact as in a professional level speech, which isn't Ash's style to begin with.
This caused Ash to take Rotom's Voice Sampling features help (with suggestion from Rotom itself).

Well in the end, Ash did end up giving a speech in his own style (and not a professional quality one which Rotom wanted).

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Not really sure if it should be said to be 'cheating' or 'faking it'.

From what i understood, Ash tried hard to write the speech by using his own styling of words. But Rotom stopped him and tried to make him do a analytical style of speech, with info and fact as in a professional level speech, which isn't Ash's style to begin with.
This caused Ash to take Rotom's Voice Sampling features help (with suggestion from Rotom itself).

Well in the end, Ash did end up giving a speech in his own style (and not a professional quality one which Rotom wanted).

Why do you always put character names in italics? It's kind of odd and makes me think that the names are emphasized but they usually aren't.

Janovy

Banned
Best parts of the episode:

- Ash literally cheating using the speaking Pokedex. Bravo.
- The group all being strangely suspicious of Ash knowing so much, they know him so well in such a short time.
- Delia and Ash fighting side by side.
- The moment Litten freaks out when others Pokemon see it in Delia's arms. It probably wants to be the seen as the badass, stoic Pokemon rather than a cuddled, baby Pokemon lmao.

TheWanderingMist

Best parts of the episode:

- Delia and Ash fighting side by side.
- The moment Litten freaks out when others Pokemon see it in Delia's arms. It probably wants to be the seen as the badass, stoic Pokemon rather than a cuddled, baby Pokemon lmao.

Delia really stood out this episode. First, she gets Litten to be calm immediately with her, then she gets it to listen to and battle for her, despite knowing it for less than 12 hours at that point, adn she immediately gets Ash and his classmates to start cleaning up everything after the Team Skull attack. Did she have to go back to Kanto? Actually, can someone tell me if she did go back to Kanto or if she just left Melemele?

DatsRight

What's amusing is that people complained about Delia leaving so soon during the pilot episode too. it's like the writers made this episode in preparation.

With Mimey in the updated credits, maybe we'll get some more appearances throughout this series.

TheWanderingMist

What's amusing is that people complained about Delia leaving so soon during the pilot episode too. it's like the writers made this episode in preparation.

With Mimey in the updated credits, maybe we'll get some more appearances throughout this series.

What can I say? I've loved her as a character since the beginning, and especially since the Entei movie. Also, I think Mimey may just be for today's episode and the important parts were Lillie and TR being added in.

Everything12

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-bBIfZVYAEIgCo.jpg
A person on Twitter claims to have done this episode, no idea if its true would post a link to Twitter but I don't know if that is allowed, he also has a post from January that says he first started working on Sun and Moon, no idea if its true but if it is it could give us an rough idea how long these episodes take to make based on his job.

TheWanderingMist

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-bBIfZVYAEIgCo.jpg
A person on Twitter claims to have done this episode, no idea if its true would post a link to Twitter but I don't know if that is allowed, he also has a post from January that says he first started working on Sun and Moon, no idea if its true but if it is it could give us an rough idea how long these episodes take to make based on his job.

Probably shouldn't trust random people on Twitter, but don't animated shows usually take around 9 months to produce an episode? I know that's true of American cartoons in general. Of course, there's nothing guaranteeing he got there when they started producing the episode.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
EDIT: I agree that the classmates do need more Pokémon. I think Litten can evolve once I mean a bigger cat will help out around the house!
Plus, since Mimey mostly does stuff like cleaning & cooking, they could have Torracat/Incineroar act like Delia's bodyguard

Nebbygetinthebag

This episode is really nice I like Delia presence in this episode and Litten is so cute with Delia.my favorites part of this episode is when rotom imitating Ash during his speech that was hilarious and Delia battle against Team skull along with ash was epic overall I give this episode a 8/10.also the ending with Team rocket,Ash and Lillie doing the Z poses was pretty great.

Everything12

The episode was good, it was nice to see Delia again beyond the beginning and end of a series hopefully we can see her more. Honestly beyond Delia's appearance their wasn't anything that interesting about the episode, not even the Team Skull battle or Z-Move, its better than the last 2 filler episode but it doesn't have that much I find interesting, its a solid 5/10 for me and average episode despite Delia's appearance.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Man, I remember parent-teacher conferences. Can't believe it's already been so many years...

Pros:

* Delia!

Cons:

* Team Skull are more useless than Team Rocket

Thoughts:

* Ash Ketchum, actually in class, actually studying, doing homework....this series is something else

* The guy who battled in league conferences, defeated villainous teams, and saved the world multiple times alongside legendaries is nervous about a Pokemon report...

* How nice you can blatantly cheat and get off scot-free. Totally not the real world...

4/10 only due to Delia!

Last ten episodes ratings: 7/7.5/7/4/4/5/3.5/8.5/3/3
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
* The guy who battled in league conferences, defeated villainous teams, and saved the world multiple times alongside legendaries is nervous about a Pokemon report...

* How nice you can blatantly cheat and get off scot-free. Totally not the real world...
To be fair, battling in league conferences, defeating villainous teams, and saving the world multiple times alongside legendaries require a different set of skills than public speaking and oral presentations.

Yeah, Ash wasn't punished for cheating, but he was humiliated and embarrassed in front of his classmates, their parents, guests from the city, and, more importantly, his own mother, and Professor Kukui did briefly reprimand him. It's possible the professor viewed that as punishment enough fo Ash.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Okay ep. I liked the Alola insert when Ash was talking about his time here but that was the only real standout moment here. Team Skull is slowly proving to be even more useless than Team Rocket. Cute Delia and Litten moments but that was about it. Not much here.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
After 24 episodes, the dub finally realized that they had to keep Team Skull's theme. But could be a one-time thing. Sigh.