• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola! The First Visitation Day!! (967)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
After 24 episodes, the dub finally realized that they had to keep Team Skull's theme. But could be a one-time thing. Sigh.

Hopefully that's not the case. I like when they use the bgm from the games :D

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Parents, as in more than one? Where's your mom, Mallow? We never saw her before.
So Delia is willing to go ALL that way just to visit Ash for school? When she hasn't been to his Leagues in several generations? That is such poor handling of her. At least they actually acknowledge her existence this saga though. XY never did until the end, can't even remember if BW did or not.
If Team Skull never does get Alola Meowth, Delia really should. She'd look good with one. I really hope Incineroar still wants to cuddle with her later, it'd be cute and funny when he crushes her.
Still find it hilarious how Serena never met Delia, but Lillie has. I'm an Amourshipper myself(The only ship I ship Ash with actually) but it's just funny seeing how steamed hardcore Amour shippers got.
Rotom as funny as ever.
Team Skull, my favorite anime baddies when the TRio's not around.
....Why didn't you use Mimey, Delia?
Gigavolt Havoc for Pikachu yet again, Litten is right there.... he's never going to use Breakneck Blitz with Litten is he?
5.5/10 - Why not bring Hala back for this instead of the boring old lady? Also Ash being nervous about something as small as a report in front of what was like 10 people tops, when he's saved the world countless of times, and performed in Leagues and tournaments with thousands watching his battles is just dumb.

Okay ep. I liked the Alola insert when Ash was talking about his time here but that was the only real standout moment here. Team Skull is slowly proving to be even more useless than Team Rocket. Cute Delia and Litten moments but that was about it. Not much here.

Team Skull is meant to be taken as a joke though. Plumeria, Gladion, and ya boi are the only threats in it.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Team Skull is meant to be taken as a joke though. Plumeria, Gladion, and ya boi are the only threats in it.

My problem with them in the anime is that they're only here to demonstrate how bad they are. We got the point a long time ago that they aren't skilled. Now it's getting repetitive.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's so nice of Ash's parents to come visit him at school, unlike, you know, all those League times which were their son's biggest highlights.

Delia provided more comedy than most of the episodes I've seen. It was through her we could see more of Litten's deredere side.

So why is Lana embarrassed of her mom? She's fine to be embarrassed of her little sisters, but her mom is damage control.

Is that Old Market Lady ever going to get a name for herself?! And where are her grandchildren?!

I wished Delia could have defeated Team Skull, but alas, this is the last time we'll see her taking on a villain team.

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was a good filler. Great moments of Delia and Litten together. Delia taking on Team Skull was nice, but of course Ash took over and showed them not to mess with the group by giving them Gigavolt Havoc. Liked the scene where everyone worked together to fix the flowerbed.

It's so nice of Ash's parents to come visit him at school, unlike, you know, all those League times which were their son's biggest highlights.
Then why didn't Ash's father appear?

Delia provided more comedy than most of the episodes I've seen. It was through her we could see more of Litten's deredere side.
It's funny how Litten freaked out at first but then enjoyed being petted, especially under the chin.

So why is Lana embarrassed of her mom? She's fine to be embarrassed of her little sisters, but her mom is damage control.
I guess we'll never know why Lana is embarrassed by not just her sisters, but also her mother. Probably because since Harper and Sarah are here, they'll cause chaos, thus embarrassing Lana, plus, this is during the Open House where relatives and other characters come see. It's making Lana feel uncomfortable whenever they're around.

Is that Old Market Lady ever going to get a name for herself?! And where are her grandchildren?!
No. Do we know she has grandchildren? Is she married? Does she really have her own family? The shop lady seems to be on its own, only enjoying Litten. The shop lady isn't going to get her backstory on personal life for us.

I wished Delia could have defeated Team Skull, but alas, this is the last time we'll see her taking on a villain team.
It was cool to see this happen, but if Delia were to take on a villain team again, then I think the next time we can expect that is the next time we get a total solar eclipse in the United States after Monday, August 21, 2017.

NPT

Just a member
-Is Ash working on some kind of Pokémon report? Looks like it.
-Ash's "old grandpa" face was... odd. Memorizing all those data is probably hard as heck for him so I can see where he's coming from.
-Oh hey, it's Delia and Mr. Mime!
-Rowlie? Littie? Geez, Delia's nicknames suck.
-"Mom, do you HAVE to call them that?" I can't agree more, Ash.
-"80% chance of failing miserably"? Well, I think Ash needs to study some more instead of of loafing around all the time.
-Nice to see Delia meeting Lillie and the others. It's been a long time since she met one of Ash's regional friends in person.
-TPCi should've kept Snowy's Japanese voice in this episode since they kept it in SM13, SM14, and SM22.
-"I'm greatful that master Ash always looks after miss Lillie in such a nice way." Good one, Hobbs!
-Lana's sisters are hyper as always.
-Ash is literally cheating... not cool.
-
350.jpg

This shot of Ash almost looked like his pre-SM design! *sigh* the animators really should've stuck to his old design for SM. Ash's new design still sucks.
-Uh-oh, Rotom is messing it up...
-BUSTED! Oh, the humiliation. Well, that's what he gets for cheating. Then again, the writers of SM are hell-bent on making Ash act like a moron 24/7.
-So Ash is going to sum it all up in his own words? Well, he should've done that since the beginning.
-"I first came to the Alola region on vacation." okay... "I got so PSYCHED after..." darn, Cathcart and his crappy scriptwriting strikes again! He really should stop having Ash say "psyched" all the time. It's sounds cringy as heck.
-Ash's own presentation was alright, but it's ruined by the sloppy dub script.
-Team Skull is at it again...
-Is that the Team Skull theme I hear?
-Delia, why don't you use Mr. Mime instead of using Ash's Pokémon?
-Rotomdex: "Wow Ash, I had no idea your mother could battle"
Ash: Ughh...
My thoughts exactly.
-Heh, Pikachu completely destoryed Garbodor.
-So long, Delia!

Overall, this episode was pretty good. It was nice of Delia to pay her son a visit. I wish she could've done the same for all of his league battles.

Music kept in dub (4)
  • Title card music
  • Team Skull Encounter theme (faster version)
  • Team Skull Encounter theme
  • Alola Trainer Battle theme
Suprisingly TPCi kept both variations of the Team Skull theme in the dub this time. I hope they'll keep it in the next episode as well.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

-TPCi should've kept Snowy's Japanese voice in this episode since they kept it in SM13, SM14, and SM23.

Overall, this episode was pretty good. It was nice of Delia to pay her son a visit. I wish she could've done the same for his league battles.

Music kept in dub (4)
  • Title card music
  • Team Skull Encounter theme (faster version)
  • Team Skull Encounter theme
  • Alola Trainer Battle theme
Snowy didn't appear (neither did Lillie) in SM23. What episode were you referring to? And I agree that it was nice of Delia to pay Ash a visit. And she did a couple of times, Kanto and Johto, I believe.

I think by now that everyone knows that the title card music will always be kept.

NPT

Just a member
Snowy didn't appear (neither did Lillie) in SM23. What episode were you referring to?

Oh yeah... it was SM22! I kinda mixed up the episode numbers of the Palossand episode and the Dugtrio episode.

And I agree that it was nice of Delia to pay Ash a visit. And she did a couple of times, Kanto and Johto, I believe.

I think by now that everyone knows that the title card music will always be kept.

Always... except when the Japanese version uses a different Title Card music. *coughThe Legend of X, Y & Zcough*

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow, I didn't expect Team Skull to show up in this episode! And when they did show up, i started to think it was going to be a two-parter, since I know they are appearing in the next episode based on its title. However, they are lame as always and got defeated in this episode. I really hope other Team Skull members who are more competent show up in the next episode, otherwise it's going to be a comedy of errors

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Wow, I didn't expect Team Skull to show up in this episode! And when they did show up, i started to think it was going to be a two-parter, since I know they are appearing in the next episode based on its title. However, they are lame as always and got defeated in this episode. I really hope other Team Skull members who are more competent show up in the next episode, otherwise it's going to be a comedy of errors

Thing is, those Skull grunts actually have names. They seem to be a counterpart to TRio right now.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
5.5/10 - Why not bring Hala back for this instead of the boring old lady? Also Ash being nervous about something as small as a report in front of what was like 10 people tops, when he's saved the world countless of times, and performed in Leagues and tournaments with thousands watching his battles is just dumb.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't nervous about the speech itself but about getting the information right, since he was trying to make it more technical rather than personal. Note he wasn't nervous at all once he was told he could simply speak from the heart.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Yeah, I think Ash got primarily nervous by Rotom being way too strict and demanding Ash to include pretty much every research ever done on regional variants in his presentation as if he was doing a thesis defence.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
this is the last time we'll see her taking on a villain team.

This show has decades to go, so that's a rather bold statement.

Oh yeah... it was SM22! I kinda mixed up the episode numbers of the Palossand episode and the Dugtrio episode.

Always... except when the Japanese version uses a different Title Card music. *coughThe Legend of X, Y & Zcough*

Seeking Shelter from the Storm also, right? Or was that just a different title CARD but not different title card MUSIC

He was right there.

Is there a ship name yet for Delia x Professor Kukui?

Thing is, those Skull grunts actually have names. They seem to be a counterpart to TRio right now.

Well if they're trying to maintain consistency by showing the same people each time, what happened to their Yungoos anyway?

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
This episode shows that Delia is clearly the best Pokemon Trainer.

Time it took Ash to get Litten to trust him: days or more likely, weeks
Time it took Delia to do the same: <5 minutes.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This episode shows that Delia is clearly the best Pokemon Trainer.

Time it took Ash to get Litten to trust him: days or more likely, weeks
Time it took Delia to do the same: <5 minutes.
You say it trusted her, but aside from when being petted it seemed rather embarrassed to be commanded by her and even tried to get away from her at times. It also didn't seem to like the idea of going home with her.