• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola to New Adventure! (944)

noakai

I loved it so much. Ash getting a Z-ring like he did and Mallow and Lillie were highlights, but I REALLY like Kiawe. I'm interested to see how he and Ash's relationship develops because I feel like there's going to be an undercurrent there where Kiawe is just a little jealous of Ash. Also, it was so great to see all of the Pokemon everywhere - we usually only get this amount of background Pokemon and activity in the movies. The Skull battle was great too, Ash and Kiawe wrecked them. I also really liked how excited Ash was for everything - so many new and old Pokemon, so many new experiences, a place like this is the perfect kind of place for someone who loves Pokemon like he does.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I kinda like the amount of energy put here, it gives it a much more likely vibe adding a lot more fun to it. It's definitely not all that bad.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Mallow leading Ash around by hand...Lillie blushing and hiding around Ash...Lana and Ash laughing together...concern by all?

SO THE SHIPPING WAR BEGINS

I wouldn't say that but I think the writers are going to try to give the girls some good interactions with Ash early on. I like it that way, so that one won't feel like they have been left out.

"Stupid childish Artstyle"

[IMG139]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/Steffenskare/7a04674f-7030-4bba-aba8-4b26909d4d2a_zpsrvlabpoe.png[/IMG139]

Rather than complaining about the art, how about we get on that everyone likes to us Charizard for everything when there are other fire type pokemon that exists? What is this now? Four Charizards we've seen already?

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

Why does Ash have to look so crap when everyone else looks pretty damn decent? Ok, I'm fairy sure Mr Mime and Tauros were quite a bit off model at times, but not as much as Ash.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that Ash has had a model change, but to me he looks different to everyone else. It's like there's one style for Mallow and the rest, and then a separate style for Ash. Hope they adjust it to match.

Loving Mallow and Lillie so far. Already like them both more that Serena and Iris put together! Looks like Kiawe might be something of a rival. Haven't seen enough of Sophocles or Lana to form a decent opinion yet.

Captain America X

Rather than complaining about the art, how about we get on that everyone likes to us Charizard for everything when there are other fire type pokemon that exists? What is this now? Four Charizards we've seen already?

That's a ride Pokemon though.Charizard is the flying option so it makes sense.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Checked out the first ep and I'm already tired of Alolan Oak's gag, much like everyone else in-universe. At least it's not constant, so that's a plus.
Lana's voice was adorable might I add, and lower than what I was expecting based on her design.

Anyway, who's Mallow's senyuu? I think i heard her voice on something else.

Reina Ueda. She voiced a main character Bakuon!!, Hanayamata, and Rolling Girls if that helps.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I understand that but they couldn't think of anything else in the whole 700 plus pokemon list to use?
Popularity is a thing and likely why they chose Charizard as a ride pokemon, but its not the game's fault that the anime just came off a series that heavily featured a Charizard. It'd be odder if they decided to ignore that Sun/Moon's ride pokemon for flying is Charizard.

DreamShield

The pacing of this new series is really good, this was a really strong start, I am actually going to watch this actively rather than just catching episodes here and there like I've done since DP. It has a really fresh feel, its fun, and it has everything I've really wanted from a Pokemon anime. I love the use of the soundtrack too and the tone makes me nostalgic while also feeling new. I'm excited for the movies done for this series!

The humour was really well done as well, and I absolutely LOVED the Bewear scene.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They actually zoomed through Ash and Delia's reasoning for going to Alola, that's good comedy! That's what I want.

DatsRight

Why does Ash have to look so crap when everyone else looks pretty damn decent? Ok, I'm fairy sure Mr Mime and Tauros were quite a bit off model at times, but not as much as Ash.

For some reason Mr Mime actually looks cuter in this style than the regular one to me. I mean, Mimey is definitely miles more endearing than how they are in the Gen 6 games. *shudder*

The opening looks so good, perhaps even better than any other, and the song is catchy as well!

There might be a chance that Ash already made more different expressions in the first two episodes of this series than in the entirety of XY&Z, and there's also continuity. I'm so sold.

The overall art style feels so refreshing and goes perfectly with the current direction of the anime, also, that Charizard looked so cool, I'm digging the new character designs.

This is one of the few times that the Pokémon anime has brought so much joy to my life, this s** has potential to be my new favorite series.

B. Thunder Tiger

Although I still find Ash's design pretty dorky, I did like the rest. The flashback fowards and reverse was pretty funny, which also explained how he and his mom got to Alola, which was by winning a prize vacation. I think the funniest part was Litten trying to lay on the beach and get some relaxing time, only for Ash to step on its tail, although Litten just paid the favor back with spitting a flaming hairball in Ash's face. The Bewear part was also pretty funny!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I have made an agreement with myself that I would watch EVERY episode the day it aired and make comments about them. So here we go.

First moment when Lana saw Ash popping up out of the water, let's just say Misty could learn a thing or two from her ;)

Mallow. First, Ash X Mallow SHIIIIIIPPPPPPP!!! :D And so far I support it. I'm loving her character so far and I like that she's energetic, lively and excitable. I think these are all things that make a good girl for Ash.

Lillie is adorable (still don't like the idea of Ash x Lillie). And so is Cuddles, I mean Lana.

I pretty much paid no attention to Sophocles. I had times when I forgot he existed.

Tapu Koko is a troll, but a nice troll. Good to know it seems to respect Ash.

I could definitely get used to Ash being interested in the school enviroment, though this opinion is probably biased by the fact that I'm a school nerd. I must admit that his kiddishness and excitability and loudness levels were a little excessive this time. I feel he is a little obnoxious, but he's still Ash and I'm fine with that. :)

The episode was full of meat and overall I give it a 9 out of 10.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Not sure if this was mentioned yet or if this was known before, but the name of Kanto Oak is confirmed to be Yukinari, which is a semi-common name.

Samson Oak also mentioned Porygon in his gag, so maybe Pokemon is finally comfortable enough to showcase Porygon now. I mean, it's 19 years ago. You can't let it stay a taboo forever.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Somehow boring start to me. Pretty much because there was no real threatening introduction plot going on like in the past four gens. Not bad for a start, but I found the first episode to be boring. The second one was better though. Weakest start since Johto for me.

DatsRight

Samson Oak also mentioned Porygon in his gag, so maybe Pokemon is finally comfortable enough to showcase Porygon now. I mean, it's 19 years ago. You can't let it stay a taboo forever.

Kadabra probably can so long as Uri Geller still lives and can afford good lawyers. :p

ugotmybeef

I'd wager the egg is Vulpix for Lillie. Considering she had it in the opening and I saw her with a Vulpix in a screenshot.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
those two extra pokeballs he turned into Oak could easily be Greninja and Goodra's since he never releases pokemon the same way other trainers do.