• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola to New Adventure! (944)

Red and Blue

Little did we know Ash's fascination for a chair in a school setting would forever destroy a real sense of adventure.
Honestly I thought the stationary setting was a good change of pace. Though it feels like it was done better in SM then in Journeys so far

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Was going through this thread and pleasantly happy to read all the positive reviews about the opening. Everyone in this thread loved the episode when it aired considering their fears based on summaries and trailers, even people who still hate SM and all liked these episodes. Really show you how well done the first 2 episodes were in setting up things and introducing Alola. For me this episode is special as it starts SM my fav anipoke series. The opening episodes are amazing and the best (or one of the best atleast) opening episodes of any anipoke series, such a good way to begin this amazing saga <3

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This is one of the few first episodes that I think could stand alone, and not be part of a one-hour special. In the case of AG, DP, BW, XY I felt like the two- or three-parter was necessary, the first episode by itself doesn't feel complete, but for SM001 if it had been by itself, it would have worked, I think. I certainly felt like they got through a lot, I remember when I first watched this episode.

RafaSceptile

This is one of the few first episodes that I think could stand alone, and not be part of a one-hour special. In the case of AG, DP, BW, XY I felt like the two- or three-parter was necessary, the first episode by itself doesn't feel complete, but for SM001 if it had been by itself, it would have worked, I think. I certainly felt like they got through a lot, I remember when I first watched this episode.
I think AG and SM were the series that could stand as individual episodes. In the DP, BW and XY premier episodes, the second episode was a continuation of a single story, meanwhile AG001 and SM001 end with a new day, looking at the next episode as a new adventure.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think AG and SM were the series that could stand as individual episodes. In the DP, BW and XY premier episodes, the second episode was a continuation of a single story, meanwhile AG001 and SM001 end with a new day, looking at the next episode as a new adventure.
That's fair enough, but I felt like the introduction of Team Magma in episode 2 is just as important to the AG plot as the introduction of Team Skull is in episode 1 or the introduction of Team Rocket in Kanto episode 1.

Happy 5 year anniversary to the day that the anime was ruined forever.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Happy 5 year anniversary to the day that the anime was ruined forever.
For someone who hates SM it sure lives in your head rent free

Anyway
Happy anniversary to the most surprising yet heart warming and wholesome anipoke series! SM will always hold a special place in my heart and I loved how it proved so many at the start wrong and turned out to be so good with a great fanbase. Easily my fav anipoke series as it displays the bonds of Pokemon and a trainer the best and captures the wholesome feel of Pokemon, as well as great charactetization and proper advancement of Ash in the anime finally, while giving him a chance to grow with an actual personality this time around

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Didn’t realize it was SM’s anniversary. The past few days have been anniversaries for a lot of things especially for Pokémon. SM was a great time and despite my gripes with some of its decisions, I would still call SM one of my favorites and it helped make Alola much more memorable to the point of being my second favorite region. Can’t wait to rewatch it one day

RafaSceptile

I'M ALIVE
Mainly to remember the 5th anniversary of Pokémon Sun & Moon! Certainly not the best series, but one of the most original and heart warming ones. And the one which decided to break the status quo, for the good and for the bad.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Didn’t realize it was SM’s anniversary. The past few days have been anniversaries for a lot of things especially for Pokémon. SM was a great time and despite my gripes with some of its decisions, I would still call SM one of my favorites and it helped make Alola much more memorable to the point of being my second favorite region. Can’t wait to rewatch it one day
And now’s that time. Doing a Nuzlocke of Ultra Moon and decided to watch the first episode while I get through the beginning slog of tutorials.

I really miss the atmosphere of Alola. Don’t think any other region comes close even the other somewhat tropical region in Hoenn. I remember all the memes about Ash’s faces and although I think they were funny, they’re not nearly as bad as they were presented to be. Did think the face he made when Bewear started chasing him was a big much though. Loved his interactions with Mallow and Kiawe. They’re my favorites of the group so seeing their dynamic with Ash start early on is nice. A lot of plot lines (Litten, Tapu Koko, Bewear, Skull, Kukui, Lillie’s fear, Z Moves) were set up here and didn’t realize they were all in episode 1.

I think it’s sweet how relatively mundane things get Ash excited. I know his more childish side being brought up is a divisive topic but I find it endearing most times. You can tell they were still trying to find their footing with the comedy. Oh & I loved the animation for Inferno Overdrive. 9/10 episode.