• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alola Vulpix Plush

Vortain

Hi All!

I've been hoping to find some purchasing advice on the "Alola Vulpix" plush released this year at the Japanese Pokémon Center, as well as the "Snow Festival" Vulpix. Both seem to be Japan exclusive, and currently the normal Alola Vulpix goes for $40-$60 on ebay and some other sites. The Snow Festival one is actually a bit cheaper ($35-$40). I'm considering purchasing one or both, but wondered if I should wait on the normal one, in anticipation that it will be restocked or even released in America.

The Snow Festival one I feel like is the safer purchases, as I don't think they'll make anymore, and it was ~$20 at the Japanese Pokecenter Online store, whereas the normal Alola Vulpix was only ~$13.

I'm pretty new to purchasing Pokémon plushes, and this is will be a gift for my brother. So with all that, here are the questions I have:

For the normal Alola Vulpix, should I expect...

1) ...it to be restocked in Japan?
2) ...it to come to America?
3) ...it to climb or drop in value (according to your previous experience)?​

For the Snow Festival Alola Vulpix, should I expect...

4) ...it to be restocked in Japan?
5) ...it to come to America?
6) ...it to climb or drop in value?

I mostly want to avoid paying $50 for something that I will be able to get for $20 later.

Thanks in advance!

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Do you have access to the PokemonCenter website? If so, I'd say there's pretty much a guarantee that you will see at least the normal Alolan Vulpix for about $22 USD within a month or two!

Not sure about the Snow Festival one, but I usually look at hobby_japan on eBay and that'll give a good indicator. h_j's prices will go up with each restock, though, so be careful!

Vortain

I was thinking the normal one might get stocked at the Pokemon Center as well. I'll just hedge my bets and hold off on the normal one unless someone has information that says otherwise. The Yen price for the normal Alola Vulpix was maybe 1300 Yen, which is about $13 (edit: it's sold out, but that's what the price was). I'd feel pretty silly paying $50 bucks for a $12 plush.

May I ask one other question since you seem to know about the Pokecenter? I was considering buying the normal Vulpix, Holiday Eevee, and Halloween Eevee there. Do you know if the Holiday/Holloween Eevees are 2016 limited edition? The Holiday one isn't as good as the Holloween one in my opinion, but it's still pretty neat, and I think my brother would appreciate it.

Thank you for your input!

mtqc

MY BEANS!
No problem!! Yes, definitely wait, it'd be ridiculous to spend that much just to get it a few months early. A-Vulpix is way too popular to not get a wave released over in the states, along with Rockruff and Pikipek ^^

Halloween and Holiday Eevee are exclusive in that they just were made this year; they usually seem to release previous years' plushies around the holidays too, though. There's a few Pikachu plush that continue to be released every year around the holidays, like the little snowmen ones. I'd say it'd be a great purchase, especially the Halloween one since I bet that's gonna sell out fast. They're probably not going to restock it after this round since it's from an older holiday.

Vortain

Thank you so much for the advice, mtqc! I tend to overthink things, so having your thoughts on the matter made it a lot easier to make a decision.

I decided to order a Snow Festival version, I think it'll only come out to be $10 more than what it would cost in America (after tax and shipping). I'll also probably order just the Halloween Eevee at the Poke Center as I like them better than the Christmas ones, and since the Christmas one from last year is still available this year.

Also thought I'd mention that I ordered the Snow Festival Eevee from the ebay seller japan-asakura (who runs the website "Asakura-Japan"). He was accommodating to my messages, and seems to be a good guy overall. But if I have any trouble with the purchase I'll update the post.

Thanks again for the help!

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Just an FYI, the pokemoncenter online store now has Alolan Vulpix in stock for $14.99 USD! With shipping costs, it was about 20 bucks for me to get. It was definitely worth the wait, as most Japan-centered import stores have it slated at around 60 dollars.

I can provide pictures and a review, if anyone would be interested!

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Just an FYI, the pokemoncenter online store now has Alolan Vulpix in stock for $14.99 USD! With shipping costs, it was about 20 bucks for me to get. It was definitely worth the wait, as most Japan-centered import stores have it slated at around 60 dollars.

I can provide pictures and a review, if anyone would be interested!

I recently ordered the Alolan Ninetales plush from the Pokemon Center Online Store. I can offer a review as well.

I would like to see your pictures and a review.