• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alpha and Omega: A Hoenn One-Shot Contest

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
If it would help a larger number of people enter, I could extend the deadline by a week. Would that be enough time for anyone who wasn't able to make this deadline to put together an entry?

GingerDixie

Hopes and Dreams
I would appreciate a deadline extension, Negrek.

Subzero Dragon

Resident Muse
I'd be happy to help anyone who needs a muse or a once-over. I already submitted mine weeks ago, so I'm wide open here. :D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
An extension would be awesome, Negrek. I feel bad about it, though, because I said I'd participate, but I haven't done much because... well, life. And other things.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
I'd take advantage of the new deadline to tweak my entry a little... Except I haven't heard back from my main beta reader and I have vacation up until the new deadline. >_>

So my fic's probably staying as-is, sadly.

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I could in theory make use of a deadline extension. Having the time to think things through more calmly is already a boost. And I know at least one person besides me would be happy.

Be it what the judges decide.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
For three or four more people, I'm willing to hold the contest open a little longer. It would be nice to see more entries; currently, we have seven.

So with that in mind, I'll extend the contest deadline to one week from today, Thursday, July 24th at 11:59 PM. This will be the only extension, so if you're hoping to enter, please make sure that you have something ready to go by that date.

To everyone who did manage to get their entry in on time, thanks for doing so, and sorry that you'll have to wait a little longer for the judging. You can take the extra week to relax, or you may of course make any final changes you'd like and resubmit your entry if you felt like it was a little rushed before.

Shurtugal

The aura is with me.
If anyone needs a beta reader, feel free to send me a PM. (For references of my ability, feel free to ask InsaneTyranitar or Spiteful Murkrow.)

Good luck everyone! :) [Also, there is some cushion irony present, ehehe :D]

Last edited:

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Just a brief reminder that there are now twenty-three hours left before the extended deadline. Best of luck to everyone still in the game!

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Bleh, the ending is a bit rushed, but I'll have time to edit it later. I've sent mine in.

I'm not really expecting mine to place. :/

Trust me, me neither. You've probably got more of a chance than I do.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
That's it! The submission window is now closed, so we'll be going forward with the eight entries we've received. Thanks again to everyone who entered, and I'll keep you posted on the judges' progress.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Sure.

Dramatic Melody
GalladeofSpades
[Imaginative]:[Clockwork]
InsaneTyranitar
JX Valentine
Mrs. Lovett
starliteevee
Subzero Dragon and Shurtugal

Shurtugal

The aura is with me.
Now that we are aware of the number of entries, can an estimate of time be made?

Also how are you guys doing keep us posted! :p

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
No, because it's hard to estimate how each of us will go with it (we each have our own rl things to deal with, stuff can come up, etc). Negrek will post updates at her leisure though for all of us, as we'll be keeping in contact as we go.

I personally aim to be done within a month, but we'll see about that (and again, that's an aim for myself, in part because I have a couple trips in September). I have had some experience doing quickfire judging elsewhere though.