• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alpha Pokémon that feel "Normal Size"

MidnightHo-Oh

As the title states, I'm curious in regards to Alpha Pokémon you've found that feel like they should've been the standard size to begin with (and therefore the Alpha should've been even larger to really feel like an Alpha).

From my own experiences, I've felt this way specifically about Alpha Gyarados, Alpha Onix/Steelix, and Alpha Staravia. They just seem too small to really resonate as "Alpha Pokémon," and their standard sizes in turn feel too small.

But, how about you? Are there any Pokémon you feel this way with?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
When I first caught an alpha Basculegion I thought the 11’ 10” size was wrong since I have a regular Basculegion that’s 11’ 8”.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Meh most Alpha's are like pokemon's on rage/steroids.

But my first encounter It was my biggest gaming mistake/gaffe i've ever done in a pokemon game. Within the first 3 hours i stumbled into the Alpha Snorlax in the Mirelands (if i'm correct) not knowing it was friggin lvl 40?
It was even before the Alpha/Enraged Kricketune mission where you actually learn what a alpha is. That fatso wiped out my whole team and made me rage quit/exit so i wouldn't lose contents from my satchel.
-
My only other mistake i've done in a pokemon game was going after the Ice Gym in Scarlet/Violet thinking that "the gyms wouldn't be overleveled" since it was the 4th one i targeted.
But Grosha's team is 50 to 57
While i was barely in my late level 36/45's on half of my team.

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Alpha Torterra is the correct size for Torterras

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
When I first caught an alpha Basculegion I thought the 11’ 10” size was wrong since I have a regular Basculegion that’s 11’ 8”.

Whether or not a random Alpha is designated an Alpha is solely based on height. That 11'8 was basically just short of being a designated Alpha.

Meh most Alpha's are like pokemon's on rage/steroids.

But my first encounter It was my biggest gaming mistake/gaffe i've ever done in a pokemon game. Within the first 3 hours i stumbled into the Alpha Snorlax in the Mirelands (if i'm correct) not knowing it was friggin lvl 40?
It was even before the Alpha/Enraged Kricketune mission where you actually learn what a alpha is. That fatso wiped out my whole team and made me rage quit/exit so i wouldn't lose contents from my satchel.
-
My only other mistake i've done in a pokemon game was going after the Ice Gym in Scarlet/Violet thinking that "the gyms wouldn't be overleveled" since it was the 4th one i targeted.
But Grosha's team is 50 to 57
While i was barely in my late level 36/45's on half of my team.

The levels in PLA are all kinds of messed up. I didn't go after the Snorlax, but the Rapidash instead.

If you manage to beat the right Alpha early you gain levels like nobodies business.. they made the game way to easy to cheese.

Alpha Torterra is the correct size for Torterras

Yeah.. That annoyed me as well. Especially when Rapidash is a freaking giant.