• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alpha Sapphire team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quirino

Hi all, I want to start Alpha Sapphire, but I cannot decide on the last spot for my team. It is purely for in-game use, so no competitive battling. These five I have so far:

Sceptile
-Leaf Blade (Energy Ball later)
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide or acrobatics

Gallade
-Brick Brace (Drain Punch later) or Close Combat (downside on Close Combat is the pp)
-Psycho Cut (Zen Headbutt later)
-Night Slash
-Earthquake

Tentacruel
-Sludge Wave
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dazzling Gleam

Magnezone
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Signal Beam

Mega Altaria
-Fly
-Dragon Pulse
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower

Then the last spot, I'm doubting between Absol and Dusknoir. Both can act as counters for psychic and ghost pokémon. Absol does a better job typewise, but Dusknoir has high defenses. Furthermore, Dusknoir is also a good counter for poison types with EQ. The movesets I have in mind are as follows:

Absol
-Sucker Punch
-Psycho Cut (later Zen Headbutt)
-Stone Edge or Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Dusknoir
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break

I'm curious about your opinion which of those two fits my team best. And also what some good alternatives for the moves would be. My team is very attack-oriented as I always play like that in-game, but if you know some useful status moves please let me know.

Chidzz

Hi all, I want to start Alpha Sapphire, but I cannot decide on the last spot for my team. It is purely for in-game use, so no competitive battling. These five I have so far:

Sceptile
-Leaf Blade (Energy Ball later)
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide or acrobatics
I would first check Sceptile's stats to see whether it's Atk or SpA is higher before changing your STAB move. I'd also consider Dragon Claw/Pulse in the last spot as well (again depending on the stats)

Gallade
-Brick Brace (Drain Punch later) or Close Combat (downside on Close Combat is the pp)
-Psycho Cut (Zen Headbutt later)
-Night Slash
-Earthquake
I don't know if Earthquake is entirely necessary especially since potentially 2 of your other Pokemon will have it. Poison Jab could be a nice move for the pesky Fairy types. Or maybe Swords Dance to boost the power of your moves.

Tentacruel
-Sludge Wave
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dazzling Gleam
I don't see anything I could suggest than maybe Toxic rather that Dazzling Gleam, since you already have the Ice Beam and it could really benefit in the long run. Or maybe Calm Mind to boost those moves as well as it's already sky-high special defence.

Magnezone
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Signal Beam
Unfortunately, I have no experience with this Pokemon at all, and I don't really know what moves its has access to.

Mega Altaria
-Fly
-Dragon Pulse
-Moonblast
-Flamethrower
Good!

Then the last spot, I'm doubting between Absol and Dusknoir. Both can act as counters for psychic and ghost pokémon. Absol does a better job typewise, but Dusknoir has high defenses. Furthermore, Dusknoir is also a good counter for poison types with EQ. The movesets I have in mind are as follows:

Absol
-Sucker Punch
-Psycho Cut (later Zen Headbutt)
-Stone Edge or Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Dusknoir
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break

I'm curious about your opinion which of those two fits my team best. And also what some good alternatives for the moves would be. My team is very attack-oriented as I always play like that in-game, but if you know some useful status moves please let me know.
As you mentioned, your team is very attack orientated, and so if you want a good defensive option, Dusknoir is he perfect candidate. Choose one or two of the non-STAB moves and you can feel free to replace it with some great status moves such as Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, Curse, Toxic... However, if you do want to go with Absol, the moves there look great :)

Comments in bold :)

Status
Not open for further replies.