• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Alternative Music Thread

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Talk about Alternative Music here

Some of my favorites are Birds Of Tokyo,The Killers and Lana Del Rey

Celtic Origins

Not sure if Everyone else regards them alternative but anyone else listen to the new All American Rejects album I think Somedays Gone, Heartbeat Slowing Down and Walk Over Me are great but the rest feels meh.

Celtic Origins

It is the most vague genre ever, I regard it as anything thats a cross between pop and rock and I know others that do to put then theres other opinios on it

Zazie

So 1991
explain to me what alternative is exactly? Seems like the most vague genre I've ever heard of.

Short answer: the American word for Indie.

Long answer: The term for rock bands that trace their lineage from punk and new wave. In the 80's these bands weren't very mainstream hence the name. Once Nirvana hit it big everyone started taking influence from them and their contemporaries thus nearly every rock band formed in the 90s or later is considered "alternative". So essentially the term has useless since the 90s. (which is why the term indie came into use in the U.S.)

Last edited:

Murton

Once you were lost.
Short answer: the American word for Indie.

Long answer: The term for rock bands that trace their lineage from punk and new wave. In the 80's these bands weren't very mainstream hence the name. Once Nirvana hit it big everyone started taking influence from them and their contemporaries thus nearly every rock band formed in the 90s or later is considered "alternative". So essentially the term has useless since the 90s. (which is why the term indie came into use in the U.S.)

I'd say it would be most kinds of rock that aren't really bland. Or something.