• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

alzi's team is dancing in the rain

Alzi

Toon link
This is my rain dance team my goal is to create each sort of team such as a sandstorm, sunny day team etc and then train them up. This is my rain dance team I tried to make it different to other teams since seeing almost the same thing and move set on each team gets boring for team raters. I also add in pictures to make my thread pretty :) Well here it is.

230.png

Kingdra@Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest 252 hp / 252 sp.atk / 6 spd
-Rain Dance
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Surf

My lead it can start nice and speedy. Rain dance boost speed and my water attacks while holding life orb makes them even better and I get stab and the 1.5x boost from life orb making draco meteor a nice move to use against over water types.

260.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 6 atk
-Stealth Rock
-Avalanche
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

I made it impish to be a strong physical hitter and a tank. My team needs one of this since it can take electric attacks and fire back with a stab earthquake. Stealth rock to hurt specsmence and Gyarados. I gave it waterfall over stone edge to get stab and get powered by rain dance.

272.png

Ludicolo@Wet Rock
Calm 252 HP / 56 Def / 8 Spd / 16 SAtk / 176 SDef
-Rain Dance
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

My team needed this as well to absorb grass type attacks. I gave it swift swim to make use of rain dance and to make it a nice fast leech seeder.

130.png

Gyarados@Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant 180 def / 100 spd / 16 atk / 212 hp
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

I might replace ice fang for waterfall do get somthing out of rain dance and i also might make it my lead.

466.png

Electivire@Life Orb
Lonely 176 spd / 252 atk / 80 sp.atk
-THUNDER!!!!
-ICE PUNCH
-EARTHQUAKE
-CROSS CHOP

ludicolo_kid gave a good comment to why i should replace Jolteon for Electivire. Electivire does a way better job then Jolteon and can Earthquake Raikou to death since my team is weak to it and it can also Ice Punch Sub-Seeding Secptile i think. I went with Life Orb to do damage and to boost Thunder a little.

245.png

Suicune@Leftovers
Bold 252 def / 252 hp / 4 sp.atk
-Roar
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Surf

Roar is to roar away and spiker / stealth rocker. Surf the stab and some advantage with rain dance calm mind to boost sp.def and sp.atk then sweep. Rest to recover the hp i lost.

Hope you liked it ;) If there are any suggestions or replacements you think I should do then just tell me and I will bold in suggestions and thanks to poke beach for the pictures.

Alzi ;286;

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Ludicolo should be like this:

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Calm, Rain Dish
252 hp 252 sp.defense 6 sp.attack/defense

Rain Dance
Protect
Leech Seed
Ice Beam

And your team needs a physical sweeper i'd say GYarados

I dont like the waterfall on kingdra if thats for Blissey, Swampert will do the thing, especially with Hammer Arm

I like the team specially Dewgong coz its original

Alzi

Toon link
Thanks for your suggestions. What should i replace Gyarados for? And that's a nice ludicolo set. I was thinking of making it have the trait rain dish but i really want it to be speedy to be more annoying on the foe. And dam the title came out wrong lol >.> But i pm'ed a mod so yeah :). Thanks for your suggestions.

Hmm would a Toxicroak work on my team?

Toxicroak@Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
Jolly 176 spd / 80 hp / 252 atk
-Sucker Punch
-Sword Dance
-Stone Edge
-Cross Chop

It's trait works well in the rain? and it's a pysical sweeper.

lol'd at that Tentacruel. Use Swords Dance.

DEWGONG GONG GONG. sux. lol.

and that Ludicolo is crap.

Use a Sleep Talking Lanturn.

and maybe learn Pokémon a little better while you're at it.

no use of Gyarados is another mistake.

Alzi

Toon link
Hey leave Dewgong alone >:| lol

I might go with a pysical Tentacruel. Can you give out suggestions because all your saying is crap crap crap do you know a better moveset for Ludicolo that would work well?

Seriously man you get annoying somtimes :p Where not all perfect at every thing. But give sugestions so then i understand what your meen jeez.

Last edited:

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
I personally prefer Focus Sash Kingdra instead of LO, just in case a lead can OHKO you, and even if it doesn't Life Orb won't let you kill that much stuff. Focus Sash is for Surviving with 1 hp, and if they switch, you can raindance twice. Besides, Surf becomes invincble with Rain Dance and Stab. Swamp looks fine, if you want give it roar or make him Mixpert, but he looks good. Ludicolo's giga drain sucks in the rain, so maybe surf since his HP recovery is already fairly high. I would use Lanturn to be an annoyer instead of a Restalker, cuz you already have 2. Maybe Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel. Dewgong is fine and props for using him. Pretty good. May need another special sweeper, but looks like it'll do well.

Hey leave Dewgong alone >:| lol
Please don't say you're seriously considering using Dewgong...
All the best to you, I suppose. It has one of the worst Defencive typings in history, paired with some of the worst stats. It can't attack and it sure as hell cannot defend.
Might be able to wall a few water Pokémon, but the rest of your team do this better.
In my opinion, ditch it, and consider something like Cloyster to offer you some defence against lolers. That adds spikes and rapid spin to the equation.
consider it.
I might go with a pysical Tentacruel. Can you give out suggestions because all your saying is crap crap crap do you know a better moveset for Ludicolo that would work well?
Well, I was in 3rd gen mode still when I wrote the previous post, so I forgot that Tentacruel actually has no uses this generation. Unless you want to use Swords Dance Waterfall and something else. Not as good as 3rd tho ;_;
Ditch it. Replace it with Gyarados.

I assume you know how to use a Gyarados. Because if you didn't...
Seriously man you get annoying somtimes :p Where not all perfect at every thing. But give sugestions so then i understand what your meen jeez.
well, you're a **** all the time. don't see me complaining.
I'm not asking you to be perfect, just a little more competent.
jeez.

Ludicolo works a lot better like this;

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 8 Spd / 16 SAtk / 176 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis / Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Synthesis / Ice Beam / Energy Ball

Can't see you getting anything positive out of Lanturn, mainly because it's stats are so damn poor...
Though you may be able to salvage something out of this;

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 228 HP / 24 Spd / 88 SAtk / 168 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

As for the last slot. Cloyster, Empoleon, Suicune, or maybe even something like a vaporeon to support.
make a choice.

BlackHeart said:
I personally prefer Focus Sash Kingdra instead of LO, just in case a lead can OHKO you, and even if it doesn't Life Orb won't let you kill that much stuff. Focus Sash is for Surviving with 1 hp, and if they switch, you can raindance twice. Besides, Surf becomes invincble with Rain Dance and Stab. Swamp looks fine, if you want give it roar or make him Mixpert, but he looks good. Ludicolo's giga drain sucks in the rain, so maybe surf since his HP recovery is already fairly high. I would use Lanturn to be an annoyer instead of a Restalker, cuz you already have 2. Maybe Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel. Dewgong is fine and props for using him. Pretty good. May need another special sweeper, but looks like it'll do well.
well, you're an idiot.

Alzi

Toon link
Ok thanks Fighting Master and BlackHeart.

With the dewgong thing i just wanted to make a change. Oh and Thunder > Thunderbolt on that lanturn since i'll be using it in the rain :p

Edit: I replaced some pokemon. How is my team now? Should I make Gyarados my lead and replace ice fang for waterfall? And i was thinking of replacing lanturn since i already got somthing that can absorb electric attacks.

Edit 2: 108 views and only 5 post >.>;

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
ON that suicune replace rest with ice beam...

I still think Kingdra should look like this:

Kingdra@Choice Specs
Modest/Timid

Draco Meteor
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse

A basic specmence hence the name ' the specmence of BL pokemon'

And Gyarados needs waterfall and you could do without Taunt

Think about what would happen if your facing a new weather condition AFTER kindra gets knocked out. With not a single rain maker left there's little hope against pokemon like sceptile. Therefore you need another rain dancer. Also, Kingdra does'nt need waterfall, so give it like, ice beam

Alzi

Toon link
Ok i'm going to make some edit's after i eat lol. I don't want a choice specs Kingdra since no rain dance. And my gyarados does have taunt and i will go with waterfall. I'll keep rest on Suicune since then my team will have to many ice beam and water attacks common. And i might replace Lanturn for a diffrent pokemon somthing that can rain dance aswell any suggestions? And out of 131 people only 6 post '>.>' woo

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Bump-

I was thinking of replacing Lanturn for a Jolteon any thoughts on that?

And should i replace a move on Ludicolo and add in rain dance since i only have one pokemon that does the rain dancing and i might replace taunt for waterfall as Chariking suggested.

Godsend4

Or, give Kingdra 240hp/252sp.attack/16speed and Specs. Then give it a moveset like...

Ice Beam
Draco Meteor
Surf
Hidden Power[Ice/Electric]

With Swift Swim and a Modest nature. Obviously it wouldn't work without Rain Dance support, but it's still pretty good.

EDIT:God, I love that Wobbuffet pic.

Last edited:

ghost-man

king wooper
nice team but i say lose surf or waterfall on kindra & lose suicune . it's uber .

ghost-man

king wooper
i see any pokemon u only get one of & can't breed r uber .
i like the idea of toxicroak though .

also anybody check out my pokemens tat need ratehns .

PsychoTrainer

Go Magikarp, Splash

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Dry Skin Paresect might be nice.

Paresect@Focus Sash,Jolly
-Spore
-Aromatherapy
-X-scissor
-Filler(i use cross poison)

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
you know i'd just like to point out that fighting master claimed that dewgon had a bad defensive type then surgested using a wall of the exact same type

Enless you want to baton pass stick with lanturn, the differance is a stabbed surf to go with stabed thunder. Dont use a choice set on kingdra if he's your lead, he needs to set off rain dance cause noone but ludicalo can do it effectivly. and if you went with the specs kingdra set ya may as well just use salamance.