• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I alone in not liking shiny pokemon?

Hellooo, yeah, I don't like shiny pokemon, not to a point of them annoying me because I get that people see them as a cool trophy, but I'd rather have the normal version! People go crazy hunting for these slightly different coloured versions that it seems a lot of people hack create and then they just sit in the pc box, it puts me off them. Am I alone in this? Or just tell me how wrong I am n_n

Meowtastic

I like shinies. Just not the green ones or the ones that look almost exactly like the normal pokemon. I don't hunt for them, but it's like getting a special prize when you just find one.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
I don't love them or hunt them, because I think that searching for them makes them kinda pointless. But I love the emotion of walk around in your play through and find a Pokémon with a different color, not for its color but for the its rarity

*~Silver*~

I don't love on them, and I don't hunt them, but I do like it when I see one, and I catch them when I see them, but for the most part I do actually prefer the original Pokemon colors. There is one exception to my preference, and that's Charizard. As for the rest, I prefer the originals by a lot.

*~Silver*~

I don't love them or hunt them, because I think that searching for them makes them kinda pointless. But I love the emotion of walk around in your play through and find a Pokémon with a different color, not for its color but for the its rarity

Yeah. I just like them because there are people out there who hunt and hunt for them, yet can't find them. Then I come along just innocently walking and a shiny shows up. xD Other than that, yeah, they're pointless. xD

That's never happened to me :( so maybe I'll get it when it does huh

Meowtastic

My first shiny was a purple spheal. I was like "why is it purple, the rest are blue..." lol, then in the SAME game i got a pokerus. never again found a shiny or had a pokerus, sadly. I would love a shiny whimsicott, though. It's pretty much my pokemon goal, even though I'm not really doing anything to try to obtain one atm.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I like shinies. Just not the green ones or the ones that look almost exactly like the normal pokemon. I don't hunt for them, but it's like getting a special prize when you just find one.
This.
Also, I actually think normal colorations are better in most pokemon, but some shinies are far superior (like Haxorus or Serperior)

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I like both. I don't have favourites. Even though I am one of those freaky hunters that won't stop till she gets what she wants :3

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I am sorta picky about it. I mean I like some shienes, and others I don't like at all but otherwise...I don't really care.

I see a shiny, I catch it. If it wasn't necessarily a shiny I wanted, I would trade it in for something that I did want.

When I hunt, I use the masuda method. I don't dislike shinies, it's interesting to see that some people take shiny hunting as a sport in the games.

Meowtastic

As much as I love shinies, I don't have the patience for hunting them. How long does it normally take you using the masuda method?

Sealotic

It's just a color (and a symbol of power ?). I don't like them very much because the original colors are better and because... why should I take so much time for hunting a pokemon with a different color ?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I didn't hack any of my Shiny Adamant Golem, so don't think everybody hacks shinies. Anyway in case of finding a shiny, you can...

1. Catch it.
2. Come up with a high bargain for getting a good Pokemon in GTS.
3. ???
4. Profit

I've used that joke to heck now.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
People who parade them around are just trying to convince you that their Pokédick is bigger than your Pokédick.

In reality, mine is the biggest.

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
I don't really mind, only when I actually encounter one (like my precious golden Pidgey). I used to hunt shinies, but it was just a phase and I'm over it now.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I'm particular. Some shinies look better than their normal forms do, in my eyes. There are some Pokemon I'd love to have shinies of, but there are also Pokemon I would trade away, even if they were shiny.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
You know, the only Shiny I REALLY wanted was a shiny Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, just because of how cool Charizard looks as a Shiny. I never hunted for shinies, and I don't actually love them, but I think it could be nice to find at least one in the wild...