• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I ready for the Elite Four?

Haven't played this game in years and I'm just now getting to the elite four. I think my team is pretty good. None of the gyms, victory road trainers, or my rival can give me a problem.
Here's my Pokemon:

1. Hypno level 49 (Boogyman)
Modest nature
Ability: Insomnia
Item: Amulet coin (maybe leftovers)

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Swagger

2. Nidoqueen Level 48 (Duchess)
Brave nature
Poison Point
Item: Leftovers

Double Edge
Earthquake
Superpower
Toxic

3. Lapras level 50 (Nessie)
Rash Nature
Shell Armor
Item: Mystic Water

Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance

4. Aerodactyl Level 50 (Sky Devil)
Calm Nature
Rockhead
Item: none

Wing Attack
Take Down
Ancient Power
Hyper Beam

5. Venesaur Level 61 (Bud)
Modest nature
Overgrow
Item: Miracle Seed

Razor Leef
Leech Seed
Growth
Solarbeam

6. Ninetales level 47 (Foxfire)
Gentle Nature
Flash Fire
Item: Charcoal

Flamethrower
Will-o-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Safeguard

Beat them easily.
-Lorelei was no match for Venesaur and Ninetales.
-Bruno was a little harder but still no problem. I opened with Lapras and defeated Onix in one hit. I forgot Lapras is weak to fighting types and it got KOed with a sky uppercut by Hitmonchan. I put down the rest easily with Hypno and used Venesaur on the last Onix.
-Agatha wasn't too bad. I smashed all her pokemon with Hypno all the way until the last Gengar which proved to be a little too tough. I switched to Venesaur and finished it with a solarbeam.
-For lance I beat his Gyrados with venesaur and then used Lapras to beat his Dragonairs and Aerodactyl. Dragonite beat my Lapras and honestly I don't remember how I beat it. I know my Nidoqueen poisoned it but got killed by outrage. I used someone else to finish it up.
-My rival was actually a pretty tough battle. I opened with Aerodactyl and used ancientpower to beat Pidgeot. My main mistake was I tried to beat Gyrados with Aerodactyl and it got KOed by Hydro Pump. I used Venesaur to finish up Gyrados. Alakazam was tough. It was too strong for my Hypno so I switched to Ninetales. I got it pretty low but he used 2 full restores and it beat my Ninetales. I sent Hypno back out and put it to sleep then switched to Venesaur and used solarbeam. I used lapras at some point, I think against the Alakazam as well, because it only had half HP and got taken out by Charizard in one fireblast. Nidoqueen also got beat by Charizard. All I had left at this point was Hypno and Venesaur so I wasn't sure what to do. I used a revive to bring back Aerodactyl. To me that feels like cheating but I didn't want to lose. Aerodactyl beat Charizard in one ancientpower. I took out Rhydon with Venesaur and then switched back to Aerodactyl to take out Eggsecutor with wing attack.

The End

mackbama123

Best Trainer Ever
Nice, that is a pretty good battle. When i play Fire red, i normally plan out the elite four ahead of time, so i will know what to use against whom and what moves i will use, and i also try to over-level my pokémon. Good job, sorry i would have rated your team, but i got here too late.

MegaMudkipz

Best Trainer Ever
Train ninetales to the the 50's and hypno to the 50's and nidoqueen to the 50's also then u will be good enough