• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I the only one who thinks that... (about the new attack animations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
they should have switched Air Cutter and Air Slash's animations?

Ash's Pidove uses Air Cutter and it launches blue lines of wind.
Jessie's Woobat uses Air Slash and saw blades come out.

In previous generations, it was the opposite, Air Slash was the light blue wind attack, and Air Cutter was the razor-like attack.

Also in your opinion which is the best new animation of an old attack?
I like Iron Tail and Bullet Seed's new animations the most.

(If this doesn't belong here, a mod please move it)

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
The saw thing makes no sense to me, since even in DP air slash was a air beam being shot or a ball of wind, so far I like iron tail its so much better than always seeing glowing tails. Hopefully for attacks like focus punch they will change eventually too.

SuperiorMX13

OC of Mime Jr!
yeah the development of attacks over time see to change i remember Swift was just Bright stars now its a completly different kind of texture of 3d

Grei

not the color
Air Slash's and Air Cutter's animations both suck.

Pidove's Air Cutter animation would have worked for Air Slash, rather than a ball of wind (which makes no sense to me whatsoever).

For Air Cutter, it could have been a single slash of air, or a sharp extension of air beyond the wing of the Pokemon with which they could cut the target as they flew past, or... something... other than flying saws.

Both of those animations truly disappoint me.

Hydreigon

The Dark Dragon
Pikachu's Iron Tail and Volt Tackle look really great now. The new Hyper Beam animation should also be mentioned.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Oh yeah Hyper Beam look even more awesome more. The tiresome yellow ray was getting so boring.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
The new animation for Air Cutter is lame...seriously>.>it should have been like in the games...the same with Air Slash

I like the new Aerial Ace animation though...it's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.