• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I the only one who would like to see Ash travel through Kanto and Hoenn again?

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Hoenn? Yes. Kanto? No.

Kanto was so overused in both games and animes that I can't stand it anymore.
Plus, like I said on other thread, there is no reason to showcase Kanto again, since they are most likely not remaking Generation I games again.

Hoenn, on other hand...

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I'd rather see ash travel though Johto again (with way less fillers) or take on the sinnoh battle frontier

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Maybe Hoenn, but honestly, we don't need any more seasons of Ash traveling around a region especially one he's visited before. What else is he going to do in Hoenn, anyway? There's nothing new to include there that we know of. There's new things in Johto, but Ash hasn't made plans to go back and visit, and I don't think he will, unless the writers want to make another filler saga until the next generation game comes out for him to further exploit.

mudkipz_and_axewz

mudkip lover
Maybe Hoenn, but honestly, we don't need any more seasons of Ash traveling around a region especially one he's visited before. What else is he going to do in Hoenn, anyway? There's nothing new to include there that we know of..
unless they do remake the generation 3 games and include something in them which will appear in the anime something like the BF but better. any ideas?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I wouldn't mind seeing Ash travel in Kanto again, but I haven't watched the show in years.

Remakes wouldn't be enough for the writers to bring a region back; sequel games might provide enough material to justify a revisit.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
No, please. We have seen enough of Hoenn and we have definitely seen all we have of Kanto.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Traveling through a old region with Ash at this point just sounds dumb. What more is there to do? Now if they had someone like May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan or someone of that category who has never been to multiple regions travel the region and it being their first time then that would be interesting enough for me to even watch. Why would I want to watch Ash go through Hoenn again? He already has the 8 badges from the region and beat their BF in Kanto.

Navarch

I would rather he go back to Sinnoh. He could explore the Battle Zone, Stark Mountain and Team Galactic, and challenge the Battle Frontier.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd like him to explore any region again except Kanto. He explored there twice already.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'd like him to explore any region again except Kanto. He explored there twice already.

This.

I'd rather him go back through Johto since it was so horrible and have it done better. But they could easily just do a chronical or use a character who's not on the show anymore to redo it. Ash doesn't have to do it all over again for no reason.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
The reason I am so supportive of the PWT idea is that I want Ash to see Gym Leaders and previous characters he's encountered from other regions. It'd be really neat to see them again. I wouldn't mind a retread, of either region frankly. I do love Hoenn.

I honestly want Johto more than any other region because IMO, that was probably the least developed of all the places he's traveled (barring Orange Islands) but then again, I wouldn't want them to butcher it like they did to Kanto in the Battle Frontier.

Tamer Hamlet

Meta Game Trainer
Only reason in my own opinion for ash to go again and travel Kanto would be to actually earn his badges, unlike last time when he got pity badges. Plus win the League + ending his story there, but that wont happen :p

I'm sick of him doing the same thing would be nice for the anime to skip ash a few years into the future where he appears older physically and mentally.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
If they want someone to redo Kanto gyms then they can make a new protagonist to do it. Not Ash. I can't sit and watch another Kanto saga again. No matter how good it is. And he doesn't need to go to Hoenn because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Johto. But they can just let Lyra and her lakkie do that if they wanted to. If they want a Hoenn redo, then have Max get his own Pokemon and do it. There is so many ways for them to re-master regions without Ash doing them.

gohan5

Irisboy
If they want someone to redo Kanto gyms then they can make a new protagonist to do it. Not Ash. I can't sit and watch another Kanto saga again. No matter how good it is. And he doesn't need to go to Hoenn because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Johto. But they can just let Lyra and her lakkie do that if they wanted to. If they want a Hoenn redo, then have Max get his own Pokemon and do it. There is so many ways for them to re-master regions without Ash doing them.

Agreed, if the idea ever comes up about them redoing a region it should definitely be without Ash. I would go a step further and say just use different protagonists altogether. I mean if they want they could make allusions to Ash and his journey, similar to how the BW2 protagonists keep getting compared to the BW protagonists by various people.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I would only be for it if Ash visited places he passed through before. I wanted the BF saga to include a lot of old places, but the Kanto from that saga was like an entirely new region.

Honestly, no. I'd like the Johto and Hoenn regions to steer clear of TPCi voice overs for the dub for main chars if at all possible (I like to think of those regions as having dubs by them alone, and I love them so much). Kanto has had too many times to go through the same region in the games, and in the anime it's already had 2 runs through it (once with 4Kids and then TPCi). I'd like to see Gen VI next in JPN and then in the TPCi dub, personally. ;)

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

I couldn't agree more. There are so many ways to redo a region. Chronicals IMO would have made a great place to advertise remake games. Lyra in Johto would have worked since she is not a Coordinator and is free to do gyms. In a remake of Hoenn maybe they can try and bring back Team Magma and Team Aqua and actually make them look like a good evil team, but use a new character to stop them. Sadly this is all wishful thinking. Oh I wish Pokemon had some kind of second series.

Sprinter1988

I would like to see Ash go back to Hoenn, Kanto and even Johto again. Johto has so much new to see thanks to HG/SS, and could be home to the Gen 4 Battle Frontier. All three regions could be travelled by Ash as a training thing. He could decide to go to each region again and face their gyms, but being a more experianced trainer he would qualify to take part in the more challenging battles, like the rematches from Emerald and the Saffron City Dojo battles from HG/SS. Gym battles in the anime seem to be three-on-three usually, full six-on-six battles against proper teams would interesting. I'd like to see Ash in a full battle against a more experianced Misty who uses the likes of her Starmie and Gyarados from the anime, and a few new captures, like a Quagsire, Milotic or Lanturn. He could battle Brock's brother Forrest, who uses his Rhyperior and pokemon from Brock's Dojo team; Rampardos, Relicanth, Kabutops etc. A full team of Dragons from Clair, a battle against a full group of Ghosts from Morty, a fist-fight against six Fighting types from Brawly, a full fire team from Flannery, it could make for several interesting series, and could even include returns to Sinnoh and Unova as well.
Such a series, though, might require a travelling companion being tutored by Ash; Leaf could be used for Kanto, for example, and she could battle the weaker teams that Ash once fought.

Last edited: