• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I the only one who...

MarcmenX

Jynx's husband
Am I the only one who didn't hate movie 3 due to the unown being powerful? I personally loved movie 3 out of all the pokemon movies, but I see alot of people bashing it due to the unown being so damn powerful in that movie when in the games they are weak...

Heres the thing though...

1. the video games differ from the anime... even legendaries are different in the games...

2. Haven't you ever heard "theres power in numbers"? there were ALOT of unown in that movie... I mean in real life, you could easily squish a ant... but when you have a whole colony of ants all over your house0, you won't be laugh then, won't you? (which is why you call the exterminater)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Meh, what do you expect from Unown? They are ruinic (if that even is a word) symbols after all, they need some power.

I, personally, found this one and the first movie were my favourites.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
actually quite a bit of people liked it. So no your not alone. It wasnt quite my cup of my tea but it was original.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't care how powerful the unown are or not. The only reason I don't really care for the movie is because it's the most childish of the movies (IMO). I loved it when it first came out in theaters, but I've grown to be indifferent about it since. On the good side, it did have one of my all-time favorite James lines.

Mimori Kiryu

I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was one of the best ones out of them all. D:

I didn't know people hated it. o_O

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Unknown had to have some sort of important significance. I think they did a rather good job with the way they protrayed the Unknown in the movie.

Magus

Fog Trainer
I don't have any problem with the Unown being powerful in the movie. It makes sense. The collective type of power they showed could never be done in the games, where no battle has more than two Pokémon on each side fighting at a time. But the anime shouldn't and doesn't define everything according to turn base gameplay mechanics, and I like it that way.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I thought the third movie was awesome, myself. I don't think they seemed too powerful.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I can't say I have a problem with it, but I can say that I don't like how nearly every movie afterwards followed this same formula. You know, the whole "a huge opponent/catastrophe has showed up close to the last minute" thing. In this case, it was the Unknown going berserk. Latias and Latios movie, it was the tidal wave. Jirachi movie, it was Meta-Groudon. Deoxys movie, it was those cube robots. Lucario movie, [spoil]the Tree of Beginnings suddenly started to die[/spoil].

I don't care if some of those came out of nowhere (like the cube robots), or if they were actually being anticipated throughout the whole movie (like Meta-Groudon), the point is, these are all problems that are bigger than what the characters were dealing with throughout the rest of the movie, and don't show up until the last 10-20 minutes, thus it's a repeated formula. The only movie afterwards that didn't do this was the Celebi one (unless you count Vicious making a last-ditch effort).

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
My only guess is that they are powerful in mass. A singal unknown can create a small pocket universe (as seen in "Address Unown") but can do little in our universe. However, a couple hundred can graph the pocket universe on our own.

G

Geki

I didn't like Movie 3 that much in the first place, but the Unknown being so powerful was kind of annoying.