• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I the only one?

RequiemUltima

Proud Pokémaniac
I started watching the anime when I was little, and fell in love. To everyone in my age group it was just a passing fad, but I knew I was in it for the long haul. My first game was Blue and I've loved it ever since. I'm sure there are lots of people who have heard of, but have never gotten the chance to take any interest in it.

AZX612

On my own here we go
I started when I was 7. So it was a little over 5 years ago in 2005. Gen.3 Was out. I had Fire Red and Sapphire (Christmas gift) And I immediatly loved it. If I didnt, I wouldnt be on these forums right now XD

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
damn i've wasted most of my life (15 years) on this franchise..... that was time well spent ;)

P.S. i've been playing since yellow came out in america

P.S.S. by the way WELCOME NEWBIE xD the more the merrier

~;198;

Last edited:
I got into Pokemon when it first came out here in America with blue and red. Once I saw the first episode air on TV I got the games at launch. (not sure if it was a commercal of the anime or saw the anime first before launch i saw so young XD) but thats what happened with me. Welcome to the world of Pokemon! I hope you stick with it as long as we all have.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
I've been playing since 1999. I grew up on these games.

Well thank god, the other people in this thread were making me feel old. D:

Though you kind of do too since I was 14 when I started playing it in 2000 so I was already too old to have grown up on it. >_>

I've been playing since...like a year or two before it came out over here in the US bc my cousins downloaded the Japanese version online (red and blue if I recall). Squirtle was so much cuter then. lol

Kaia

I got into Pokemon back when it first aired in Australia, then I got into the games (Red/Blue/Yellow) and my fanaticism of Pokemon continued from there.

SuperiorMX13

OC of Mime Jr!
Well how much do you love the game what do you feel as you are to late to play or do you think you can learn the art of the mysterious creatures known as pokemon as for me i have been playing since 1996 with pokemon red and blue and have had every pokemon game since and am going to pick my black an white today :)

AwesomeZekrom

Co-Owner of pokegyms
I started with BRY,fun days those were.

Well I stopped at the 2nd games(Silver/Gold) have been playing again for a couple of months,Finding it so easy to pick up again even with the new rules,Special thanks to the forumers here as well,I remember the days of link cable trading and someone would trip over the wire -.-

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Started Pokémon Red on my brother's gameboy classic.
Been hooked ever since.

It doesn't matter that you're late, everybody heard of the cartoon, but not everyone knows about the games.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
I've been hooked to the franchise since FireRed was released in 2004. I'm not sure when I started watching the anime, but I believe it was in 2007, when the Sinnoh adventures started. Yep, I missed quite a lot of the anime, but I made up for it by watching Diamond and Pearl from beginning to end, missing a few episodes in the first season. Not sure why, since most of the episodes bored me to death...oh, and I'm watching Best Wishes/Black and White now. (I still hate Nintendo for changing the title...Best Wishes is so much catchier, wouldn't you agree?)

I first got into Pokemon back when it first came to Canada. What year was that? '98? '99?

Then I was off it for a while, but then I got back into it in the beginning of 2009, I think.

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon!!

since 1997 (born in 1995)

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Ok laugh if you must but is it weird I have only just heard of pokemon? Well I heard about it a few years back but thought it was assumed it was a silly cartoon show about a superhero. I saw the show a few days ago with the guy with the mustache and the biceps. I'm getting Black since I now want to get into it.

I've been a fan since the first games, but it's not weird or laughable. New fans are always coming in, it's perfectly fine. Glad you've found something you enjoy.

idioteque

I'm kind of shocked actually, even my 7 year old cousin has been playing it for 3 years! But I suppose for people who aren't gamers it's not really unheard of, I just don't know anyone who hasn't been into it at one point or another in the (distant?) past.

For me, I started playing in 1998/1999, when the games were first released in America. Most of my friends started playing then too, we were 11, or when Gold/Silver (original) was released in 2000 or 2001. I'm pretty much the only one who still plays though, surprisingly. Haha.

EDIT: Not trying to sound elitist or anything when I say "people who aren't gamers". I just think people who are into Nintendo know it's more than just an anime ^^;