• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I the only one?

Perrytheplatypus

Perry the platypus
I started getting into Pokemon at 2000 or something around that.. and I was a little kid that time. I couldn't even speak but I still liked watching the anime. It was like the dora for little kids for me.

Halo5512

We need Misty back..
When I was born my sister played pokemon, she payed it around me while babysitting apparently. And she tells me even now i loved to just sit and stare at the gameboy screen, laughing every time she made an attack. That was red/blue/yellow. I adopted her games when i was about three (2001), then i began making my parents buy everything Pokemon in sight. Hahahah I grew up on pokemon, and I'll never forget my sis's Charizard "CHARMS***" She had when i got the game from her.

Paraico

Ground Pound
Heard about it in 1st Grade, started playing in 3rd Grade. Stoped for a year thinking it was uncool. Then continued playing it since I don't care what people think of Pokemon. So around a total of 6 years, glad you can join the Pokemon Universe. Enjoy

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Do you mean you've NEVER heard of Pokemon before now? Really? Did you grow up in the 1990s? I mean, if you grew up in the early 2000's, I could see that, but there's no way an 1980s baby would have never heard of Pokemon! (No offence, it's just that struck me odd)

I've been playing for twelve years this Christmas. I was 10 when I got Blue, the perfect age to start with Pokemon...

angle321

Ok laugh if you must but is it weird I have only just heard of pokemon? Well I heard about it a few years back but thought it was assumed it was a silly cartoon show about a superhero. I saw the show a few days ago with the guy with the mustache and the biceps. I'm getting Black since I now want to get into it.

loll..... ya younggggggggggggggggggggggg teenagers as well realy lookin intersted in it. thn how wil you get yourself back.??

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I started at the beginning, when Red & Blue came out ..

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
loll..... ya younggggggggggggggggggggggg teenagers as well realy lookin intersted in it. thn how wil you get yourself back.??

.....................? What?

I can't make heads or tails out of this...

"Loll"

You young teenagers as well really looking interested in it. "Then" how will you get yourself back?

Can't understand this....

Last edited:

Natty

Electric Rodent
I've been playing since I was six and I'm seventeen now... so. I guess that would mean I started in 1999. Honestly I can't imagine what my childhood would've been like without Pokemon.

Do you mean you've NEVER heard of Pokemon before now? Really? Did you grow up in the 1990s? I mean, if you grew up in the early 2000's, I could see that, but there's no way an 1980s baby would have never heard of Pokemon! (No offence, it's just that struck me odd)

I wondered this too. I don't know how someone could grow up without a clue as to what Pokemon was in the early 2000s because the craze was SO STRONG. I remember the attendance rates dropped by 40% or something when The First Movie hit theaters so I don't really know how someone could be unaware. Maybe the OP is really young.

Clover10123

Loving Trainer
I actually didn't jump into pokemon until gen 4, lol, which makes me noobish compared to everyone else's experience. But I'm learning quickly and has only lost to one real trainer. :D So far, at least.
Luv Clo

Meimei23

reminiscing
Wow. I learned about pokemon when I was two or three but didn't actually get into the games since diamond. Although my first game was blue for the gameboy. Mostly I just watched the anime but I missed alot when i sort of forgot about pokemon. Lol that was a sad time in my life. Don't know howdy childhood would have been without it or my life today. ^_^

Last edited:

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
I started by playing blue, but this was around the time GSC was out. It wasn't a big thing in my life. For even less time I tried GSC. Then Ruby and sapphire came out and I properly got into it.

Competitive battling only just started when platinium was released though, and my DS has been broken for a long time now, so there must be a lot of new tactics I have missed out on, and am probably a little rusty.

I have promised myself I will get a new DS eventually, and with it either black or white (extra pokemon or easy access to evolution stones? Can't choose!).

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
I started back when Pokemon Red first came out. I feel so old now. XD;

Natty

Electric Rodent
I started back when Pokemon Red first came out. I feel so old now. XD;

That's kind of how I feel... |D I'm wondering if I'm one of the only people that remembers "Pikablu".

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
It's not bad that you've only just heard of it. There's people getting into pokemon now and Black and/or White are their first pokemon games. I've been into it since Blue and Red. |D

Natty

Electric Rodent
I remember Pikablu! I even started a rumor in school that if you surfed around the southern coast of Pallet after beating the elite 4 986 times in a row with the same pokemon each time, you'd be able to catch it.

People actually bought it.

Still like the name "Pikablu" is a little more appealing than "Marill."

I tried a rumor that said that if you brought Eevee and it's three evolutions to Bill's house, he'd let you in his "secret garden" and you could catch Mew there. And anyone that knows old Pokémon knows about the Mew truck. x3

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
All I know, is that I started by watching the anime. Then, when I finally had money to buy a GBA, I began to play Emerald.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
I started Pokemon a week after it came out in the US, I got Pokemon Blue with a Gameboy Color.

Xaelon

Soulkeeper
That's kind of how I feel... |D I'm wondering if I'm one of the only people that remembers "Pikablu".

Me too, I feel old now. Starting in 1998 when red version came out for the grey brick. I played red to death, then I did the same to gold version. I sold my red and gold versions sometime after crystal came out because I thought I was too old for it. I missed Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and then started playing again when I got Fire Red for the GBA. I think it was nostalgia that got me back into it. Now, I really regret selling my first and second gen games. My red version had a complete pokedex with all 151 first gen pokemon on it. Gold was and still is my favorite game because it featured full over-worlds for Kanto and Johto. I never cared for the anime, I think I watched most of the first season and then just lost interest. I dabbled a little bit with the TCG when it came out, but I lost interest in that. I should dig up my cards and try to sell them now, since most of them are from the first gen. Since then, It's been only pokemon games for me.

My pokemon history aside don't let yourself believe you're too old for pokemon, don't let anyone tell you that either. As long as the games are fun, keep playing them. New Fans are always welcome. Do stay awhile will you?

Last edited: