• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I the only one?

PokemonTrainerKaden

Am I the only one that see's Victory Road as the Pokemon League?

In the Anime, it is told that the one to beat the Pokemon League will get a chance to challenge the Elite 4. Because there is no Pokemon League in games, I consider Victory Road the Pokemon League, because you battle many strong trainers with many different Pokemon from throughout the game. Once you make it through you have "Beaten" the Pokemon League and are granted the chance to battle the Elite 4.

This is how I see it. Does it make sense? And am I the only one that sees it like this?

Ditto B1tch

Victory Road is a cavern, not Poke League. The fact you consider it the Poke League just because strong trainers are found in doesn't make sense.

Things aren't what you consider they are, they are what they clearly look like and Victory Road is clearly a cavern. As simple as that.

Last edited:

TheHitAndKill

TheHitAndKillYoutube

In the Anime, it is told that the one to beat the Pokemon League will get a chance to challenge the Elite 4. Because there is no Pokemon League in games, I consider Victory Road the Pokemon League, because you battle many strong trainers with many different Pokemon from throughout the game. Once you make it through you have "Beaten" the Pokemon League and are granted the chance to battle the Elite 4.

This is how I see it. Does it make sense? And am I the only one that sees it like this?

Yes it does in a way. It's your imagination, don't let the ****tards that think they are 100% right (like the pichu guy above me) take that away from you.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yes it does in a way. It's your imagination, don't let the ****tards that think they are 100% right (like the pichu guy above me) take that away from you.

Troll harder?

And I guess it kind of could, but in hg/ss, you don't even fight any trainers in victory road.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Eh, it makes some sense, but for the most part, Victory Road is considered the final challenge before the Elite Four. So either way, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer about Victory Road in the games. They all tend to have the same formula, the puzzles are just slightly different each region.

I personally want to know who designed the dungeons in-game, and how it is every single region thus far (well, maybe not Johto, they share with Kanto) has had a Victory Road designed in such ways. Especially since the Victory Road in Kanto changed within about three years.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I think the "Pokemon League" are the gyms.

*~Silver*~

I think the "Pokemon League" are the gyms.

The basic point of this thread was that the Pokemon League happens all-out like an actual competition in the anime, but not in the games. In the anime gym battles take place, but in the anime there is no "Victory Road."
I think that instead of putting a whole competition together Game Freak replaced the Pokemon League with Victory Road, but I would hardly call it the same thing.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I think that instead of putting a whole competition together Game Freak replaced the Pokemon League with Victory Road, but I would hardly call it the same thing.

You do realize the games are older than the anime right? The anime has continuity errors, it's not canon.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Victory Road is a cavern, not Poke League. The fact you consider it the Poke League just because strong trainers are found in doesn't make sense.

Things aren't what you consider they are, they are what they clearly look like and Victory Road is clearly a cavern. As simple as that.

Like the post below you said, it's about imagination. I understand that it's merely just a cave. And that's not the only reason I see it as the Pokemon League, I see it as the Pokemon League because it's where you have to fight through BEFORE you battle the E4.

CliveKoopa

But you need to show your badges just to get into Victory Road, not after just before the league. This suggests that Victory Road is part of the league.

Dreamy

I see where you are coming from, but I don't see it that way, it's just the final test before you enter the Elite 4. The reason I don't see it as part of the league is the fact that you can't lose, if you get knocked out you just go back and try again. I guess if you want to look at it figuratively then yes you could say it is part of the league.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
That's actually a very common idea. You can see some older posts regarding that theory(or the reverse variant, which is the more commonly accepted form), like this one, regardless of the deconstructive nature of the General Pokémon Discussion subforum.

If you want to see more, I think it would be better for you to check the common "Why games don't have league matches?" kinds of threads.

Last edited:

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Literally speaking, the victory road is the path trainers have to traverse in order to challenge the league, but otherwise the victory road is "the road to victory"...

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Yeah, the anime's Leagues are pretty much their take on Victory Road- they both boil down to being the final challenge before the E4. It's just that an organized league suits the anime's format better, while a dungeon suits the games'.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well. It makes perfect sense to me. And I never thought about it before. Before I just saw victory road as the biggest pain in the backside in the games. A maze with no Pokemon centres and super strong trainers, plus, wild Pokemon popping up everywhere. It is hell.
But you have your idea, and I like it.

GioRocket

Team Rocket Forever
Ahh, I never thought of it like that, but it is a great analogy if you ask me!

I always thought it was a missed opertunity that Victory Road is never shown in the anime

randomspot555

There really is no correlation at all. They're two separate bits from two separate mediums. The Battle Frontier being spread across the region with Frontier Brains in Kanto rather than Hoenn is the anime taking liberties with Emerald's Battle Frontier.

Pokemon League in the games is just the collective gym challenge and E4 challenge, and the E4 are usually located at the "Pokemon League" building in their respective regions/games. Sinnoh's Palmer implies Gym Leaders have the right to challenge the E4 and Champion automatically in some of his dialogue,.

But in the anime, the [regional name] League is the gym challenge that culminates in a wide competition of the trainers, rather than Leaders or E4 members, of a conference of trainers. While the E4 and Champions exist in the anime, it is kind of ambiguous on how a trainer actually does an official challenge (though we have seen E4 members challenge Champions before).

Victory Road is literally just a road, path, maze, or cave or whatever.

Three completely separate things. Probably the most similar thing to a Pokemon League in the anime in the games is the PWT in BW2. Spectactor sport, combination of amateur trainers and Gym Leaders and whatnot, etc...

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...

No, I've seen it that way before.

(I assume you mean Pokemon League Competition; there is an in-game league which manages the gyms and Elite Four.)

Golemite

I've always thought that the "Pokémon League Challenge" in the games is beating all the Gym leaders, get to E4, beat them, and beat the Champion. In the anime, it's also collecting the badges and winning the tournament. Two different things. But the "Pokéleague Challenge" seems pretty big concept. It's basically the whole journey if you ask me.