• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto.

Master
Simple Question. Am I to old to continue to enjoy the pokemon anime and games? I will be 20 in May and I find myself wanting to acquire the dvd's from season 1 and up. Now part of me thinks im all of a sudden getting back into pokemon for a nostalgic high of some sorts but it is truly a great show. If I don't go around shouting from the rooftops of my college campus that I still watch pokemon would it be correct for me to simply call it a guilty pleasure? I'm sure I'm not the only one to question whether they are to old to continue playing and watching pokemon I'm sure. I guess this question arises because when people laugh at you for still enjoying pokemon it makes you wonder if their right.

In before Blackjack Gabbiani rant about how she got into Pokemon during her college years.

I'll just say that if your friends mock you for choices they don't like, they are not your friends.

JackLe945

In before Blackjack Gabbiani rant about how she got into Pokemon during her college years.

I'll just say that if your friends mock you for choices they don't like, they are not your friends.

Amen to that, I'm almost 21 and I still enjoy the show and the games lol. Nerdy? Maybe a bit... am I ashamed? Not at all. Do what makes you happy haha if that involves throwing on your Ash Ketchum costume and watching the show then so be it *Wished he had said costume*

Ditto.

Master
Amen to that, I'm almost 21 and I still enjoy the show and the games lol. Nerdy? Maybe a bit... am I ashamed? Not at all. Do what makes you happy haha if that involves throwing on your Ash Ketchum costume and watching the show then so be it *Wished he had said costume*

Lol I think the ash Ketchum costume would be grounds for psychological help (no offense if anyone does that). But yeah I guess I just come on here looking for reassurance and comfort knowing theres nothing wrong with enjoying pokemon despite your age.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
My borthers and sisters (I have seven of them) say to me that I'm too old for Pokemon and that I'll grow out of it, but I'm only 12! My friends also don't like Pokemon, and they feel I should stop liking it, but that doesn't make me feel too old. I don't think I'll ever be too old for Pokemon, even when I turn 88. I don't think you can be too old to like things even if they are childinsh, but if you like Pokemon because that's what you like, then why should you stop liking it because people tell you to?

psyrose3

Amen to the above poster. My parents say I'll grow out of it, but with all the new stuff (Platinum, other video games)...

They got another thing coming...

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Heh, I'll be 20 in less than a month. I've always been more into the games than the anime, though... I know it's nerdy, but I'm not afraid to admit that I like it. It's not like I have a rep. to protect or anything. xD

kpt25

Steel type trainer
Of course you're not too old:i'm 22 years old and i always find myself playing pokemon games and recently i started to watch again the anime(DP mainly,i even took the time to watch all the movies i missed after the 3rd one)
I can consider myself a pokemon fan since year 1(1998 when it appeared outside japan officially iirc)
Now i enjoy the games even more than previously,as i have learnt a lot of stuff over this last year(when i started to get into pokemon again after 3rd generation),and i have to admit this was my year of the shiny lol
Why is it ok to say "i watch Bleach" or other anime,but it's not ok to say "i watch pokemon" without thinking ppl might look at you with weird face?

Umbreon_13

funny i'm 15 and still get insulted for my hobbies such as pokemon digimon yu gi oh and some others but what those people think dosent matter

Rave

Banned
If you're over 30, then something must be wrong.

savits721

i'm 19 and i got into again after skipping the 3rd gen games...i'm in college too, and barely have time for it, but when i find the time to kick back and relax, this is definately one of my natural highs.

i understand how you can think you're playing it to reminisce, but if people can still wear legends of the hidden temple t shirts, i think people should be able to play whatever video games they want to.

Tyranitarphantom

seems so familiar...
No matter what anyone says, there is nothing wrong with liking Pokemon at any age. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is someone who dosent like you for who you are, and therefore isnt a true friend. I guess I'm lucky, my friends dont really like Pokemon on a serious level, but they accept that I do. You need to find people like that.

Encyclopika

The Queen
If you do something childish, then you stay younger longer. :p
Anyway, this isn't really a question pertaining to the anime, so I'll move it to General, and hope that's the correct place...and I'm 99% sure it does. ^^;

//MOVED

HoennMaster

Not at all. I'm 18, fresh in college and I still watch the show. I have since day one. I don't go around preaching that I like the show, but I still get up to watch it.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

No, nobody's too old to like Pokémon. I'm pretty much in the same boat as HoennMaster, and I still like the franchise.

If it makes you happy, there is no problem.

Im 13, and my friends (only the mature ones) either they like pokemon, or dont mind.
But if you are a guy who goes to school or work in a pokemon trainer costume, there might be a problem

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
You're never too old (hopefully). My parents say I should start growing out of it (I'm 16), but my Asperger mind refuses to let go of it. Now, it would be worrisome if all you can think of is Pokémon and thus you're failing school and/or you're not having good relationships. However, if you do other things first so you can have TIME for Pokémon, then it should be fine.

Just... probably don't talk about it around your date/spouse xD;. Maybe even your parents...

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Dude, you are no where too old. Although I'm 16, I've had to deal with many people who chide me for playing the games. However, I've learned to ignore them and just enjoy what I love. I know a few people who play the video games in my high school, so you can't say that Pokemon is just for little kids anymore.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
When it comes to Pokemon at school, most of the time, you will have to hide the fact that you like Pokemon. Otherwise, bad things can happen, thus forcing your life to become miserable. Anyway, nobody is too old for Pokemon. There was a 43-year old in SPPF that still plays Pokemon. Better yet, I've seen a grandma playing it at a Pokemon event (Pokemon Rocks America, if I remember correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.