• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Freedom'sWarrior-

Wolf, and proud.
Ditto., I understand how you feel. I'm 17, and when I tell my friends about something on this site (an awesome RPG battle or something), sometimes someone will overhear and laugh at me. I'm not a "loser" at the school, but it's very embarrassing when people act that way.
Honestly, I believe it shows that THEY are less mature. If they cannot handle the fact that everyone has their own opinions and likes & dislikes, then it's their issue, not yours.
My advice; be who you want to be, not who they think you should be. Be proud of who you are, and stand up for what you believe in. And don't back down in the face of humility.

-FW-

cmitch25

You never get too old for pokemon, just don't go telling everyone at school. Trust me, I did that and everyone thought I was gay, but the good thing is that no one remembers it. I just hope college is not like that.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
You never get too old for pokemon, just don't go telling everyone at school. Trust me, I did that and everyone thought I was gay, but the good thing is that no one remembers it. I just hope college is not like that.

Just don't take your chances, if you think that would turn unexpected.

Most of my friends are Pokemon fans, but I don't think they are big fans, as I am.

cmitch25

Just don't take your chances, if you think that would turn unexpected.

Most of my friends are Pokemon fans, but I don't think they are big fans, as I am.

I think it is best only to say you like pokemon to other pokemon fans. That is why so many pokemon fans like these forums.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
There's nothing wrong with telling people, I never kept it a secret, I never had a problem with anyone. Even though they might have had problems with me, but like I really cared what they thought.

AND NOR SHOULD ANYONE ELSE. In regards to interests caring what others think is foolish. Unless you're interest is causing some sort of damage to your body...

cmitch25

There's nothing wrong with telling people, I never kept it a secret, I never had a problem with anyone. Even though they might have had problems with me, but like I really cared what they thought.

AND NOR SHOULD ANYONE ELSE. In regards to interests caring what others think is foolish. Unless you're interest is causing some sort of damage to your body...

Most of the kids that make fun of me for liking pokemon are the real idiots, they think it's stupid to like pokemon, yet they think drugs are better.
I would much rather be addicted to pokemon than ciggarettes.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Most of the kids that make fun of me for liking pokemon are the real idiots, they think it's stupid to like pokemon, yet they think drugs are better.
I would much rather be addicted to pokemon than ciggarettes.

Stereotypically those are the people that would insult you, it's the same for me. Just don't let it bother you. They stop, they have more complicated thigns to worry about, like how to add.

ExplorerAce

Personally, I dont think you can get too old for pokemon. People used to tease me because of it and I considered quitting it, but I saw all these people on Pokemon Forums that are older than I am, and I picked my cartridge back up and I dont know when I will give it up.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
Yeah, and you know what, they have created AP (anti Pokemon) Groups just to insult us.
I would like EVERYONE THAT SEES THIS POST TO RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING LINK:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/YugioandPokemonaregay
P.S. I am Steve (not my real name) Also, just say what you need to say.

wow...

i didn't think anyone was that agenst pknm...geez i didn't think that someone would hate it that much...but yet he's a nobody trying to be a somebody and by doing so be-littling someone else in the making...he should...no i don't wont to get banned...i'll keep it to myself...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
People who don't like Pokemon and want to make fun of it, are just jealous that Pokemon is more successful than their favorite franchises, other than Mario, Link, DK, Yoshi, Kid Icarus, Fox, F. Falcon, and Sonic franchises.

BCVM22

People who don't like Pokemon and want to make fun of it, are just jealous that Pokemon is more successful than their favorite franchises, other than Mario, Link, DK, Yoshi, Kid Icarus, Fox, F. Falcon, and Sonic franchises.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this isn't usually the case, particularly because most gamers who are receptive to the "franchises" you mentioned (despite the fact that for three of your examples, you inaccurately named the main character in place of the actual title of the series and one of your examples spans all of two games, hardly a "franchise") aren't going to host any particular venom towards Pokémon.

Glacier99

Ice cold...
If you like it keep doing it. who gives a S*** what others think. Just don't so spreading it around with dates. Unless they like it too it can get you dumped faster then anything.

this is my 99th post on sppf;

You are not too old, no one is too old, relax and just think; what made you love pokemon in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.