• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimkong

way ahead of most of y'all......i'm almost 19.

you are never too old for pokemon. its only that once you get old one or more of these things happen:
- you get tired of seeing same old Pikachu doing thunderbolt again and agian on Team Rocket
- you get tired of playing games if you have finished the national dex
- you get tired of playing games if you cant finish national dex (don't have wifi)
- you are be loaded with other family responsibilities
- you are tired of being taunted as "childish" by your friends/family.
- you start watching some other stupid, dum' ol' show.

AND if its non of these and something else, its your problem, not mine.

just do what you want, who care about others.
IF you do care about what others say, then................i don't care.

MoshyMo

Hell no. I've been playing pokemon since its debut in 1999 as a gaming franchise. I also watch and enjoy the anime and collected the cards for several years. My mum laughs at me when I buy the games and friends are like wtf u still play pokemon....I dont care tho. I will always love pokemon I would never be able to cope with my sad and boring life without it. God bless Japan.

Petergames

shadow trainer
you are never old to play pokémon...
if you like pokémon..well..continue playing it...

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
you're fine. I'm 20 and I still play the games and watch the anime casually.

Now if you're a 45 year old, naked, foaming at the mouth wondering where your Pikachu is at. Then yes you have a problem

Jerre

Gogoat!
Since 1997/1998. I got interested in Pokémon. Now i'm 21, still interested in it. You are never too old for it. ;)

to be honest, I was really creeped out when some 40 year olds came to get deoxy's.
Pokemon's for kids aged 6-21

mewfan1

You are never too old for anything. Do what you enjoy (Within Reason).

I will be 17 next May and I still enjoy Pokemon. There are still people our age who like Pokemon, they just don't admit it because they have the same mindset; "Am I too old for this?"

firewall

don't pee in my lake
Never! I am 27 and still loving pokemon: the games, the shows, the stuffed animals! Forever and ever dudes!

I'll make it short...

1. There's no limit age to play Pokémon games.
2. Why should you care about what random people, or hell, any people think?

If you enjoy it and you're causing no harm to anyone, why the hell think that you're growing too old and you should move on? Pokémon is for all ages. End of story.

Mickydv

If you like it, do it. Follow your hart and friends that laugh of you because you like pokemon are not worthy of your friendship. They have to accept your hobbies.

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
Look at it this way:
When I was ten or nine, my friends started watching Naruto and Inyuyasha(or w/e), I started to think,"Do I need to watch big boy shows?"I deciced to, and I hated both of them to the guts, I told the two friends that did and then they hated me for it.I deciced to contenuie watching my favorite shows like Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.

Thought I'd mention that Naruto and Inuyasha are both aimed at little kids in Japan. Just as much as Pokemon. They're far from "big boy" shows.

Also, I received a lot flack when I was 11 for watching Spongebob and the Amanda Show while everyone else was watching "Friends". The best part is they probably didn't get half the jokes and laughed just because they heard the laugh track.

But yeah, as long as you don't obsessively talk about Pokemon (or any one thing), you should be in the clear.

plopagon123

Perfectly Imperfect
No one is too old for Pokemon, I believe. I've seen people who are like 20 years old, play Pokemon games, still. And saying you're too old for Pokemon games is like saying you're too old for video games, in general. Because by the end of the day, like it or not, Pokemon is still a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.