• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonfan301

pokemon thespian
i have found myself asking the same question but if you truly like it you should stick with it.
question; In Japan, is pokemon for children because i for some reason pick up the vibe it's for young adults?

hello moto

Top of the morning
All of my friends have grown out of it, and now they mock me for playing it, but i don't really care, i enjoy it, and i'm not harming anyone for liking it. Why should i quit?

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
Im 20 and i still watch the anime and play the games! And will continue to until i get bored of it!!

pokeaidmissy

If your not being a psyco about it and your not hurting anyone and you enjoy Pokemon, who cares? Just have fun....and call it your guilty pleasure.....=]

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Never to old.

Unlike Rave who said if your over 30 and still playing there's something wrong with you...I've heard of people who are 47 and still like the games...granted the games came in when they were 33.

auteur

Fossil freak
If you enjoy the games/show/whatever, why should you quit?

I don't believe someone is less mature for liking Pokémon. I'm 20 and I have hobbies that some people would consider adult, but I enjoy Pokémon games as well. What am I then? I think it's not reasonable to class people by their hobbies.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Why should you let other people stop you from doing what you like?

As long as its legal of curse :p

I'm going to keep playing pokemon for as long as I can (you know, until its gets tedious, which I hope never happens). I don't care what people think, as long as I'm happy with myself and how I live my life that's all that matters to me.

mimefan

Banned
Well you're only too old when you're dead so no keep playing it.

CyanFox27

I'm deeply ashamed of still liking Pokemon at age 18, but I really do enjoy the games, even if they've been typified by my fellow RPG maniacs as 'RPG's for small children and the immature'...I'm just careful about who I tell. Heck, I never had access to the GBA Pokemon games because my father considered 12 to be too old for them. But honestly, it's your call. If you enjoy it, go for it!

TwinkyFR

Bite me! :)
I'm 12 years old (13 in december) and i know lots of people at school who play things like pkm but we don't talk about it at school.. You're never too old for pkm.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
pokemon is far from a "baby" game, no matter what anyone says. it can get really complex with EV's and IV's and Competitve battles for some, and for others it can be simple as just playin thru the game with ur favorites. The point is, anyone, any age can get into it and like it

Manchee

extra toasty
I can't say that I'm whatever age that people would consider me to be to old and still like it, but I'm fourteen and will be fifteen in January and love everything about Pokémon. This entire franchise is the longest memory that I have with me, so I don't think I'll ever not like it.

The show came out in 1999, right? Well I was five and actually understood the concept and so, I kept watching it. I still remember the whole series, which surprises me since that's the only thing I can remember from my early childhood(I'm considered a teen now, right? *checks age - fourteen* yep, I'm fine). So if you're eight, eighteen, or seventy-eight, it doesn't really matter. I guess it just matters whether or not it's important to you.

N.E.V.E.R. Q.U.I.T. L.O.V.I.N.G. T.H.E. P.O.K.É.S.

EmeraldLeafBlade

Too old? Of course not. I know someone who's a Pokemon fan and a member of a Pokemon website/chatroom and he's 40. No joke. At that same site, the owners are over 20 and have graduated from college. They're still huge Pokemon fans. The youngest peopled there I've seen are 14. I'm 15 myself, and I'm still a HUGE HUGE HUGE Pokemon fan. XD I have been for about ten years now, although I didn't really start to understand the games' complexity (EV training, competitive battling ect.) until I was maybe 13 or 14. And I'm still pretty bad at it. x3;;; As for the anime, it's a great show in my opinion, and people of any age can enjoy it.

;490;Poke:025n172:mon ;151;forever

NinjaBaker

You are never to old to play or watch pokemon, My friend is 23 and he stills plays and he is not embarrassed to tell girls he plays pokemon. Im in Highschool and I dont hide the fact that I play pokemon, people remember pokemon as tht old game that everyone use to play when we were all 7 so people think its kind of kool that I still play, but not everybody xD but I dont care. I even got some people to start playing pokes again xD. Well yea you shouldnt be embarrassed to be yourself. If you like pokemon, then go ahead keep doing what you like...

;025;

Last edited:

mew801

if you still enjoy playing it, then your friends shouldn't stop you from playing it, and you can't be too old to enjoy pokemon. its not a "kiddie" game, so i don't think there is anything wrong with it!

Weakling

Fragile
I am just 12, my parents and 15 year old sister think it is too babyish for me! I gone off the anime personally, but I play the games. So no! You are not too old!

the_eevee_breeder

Pokemon Breeder
You are NEVER too old!

Don't say stuff like that! I'm 13 and people like you INSPIRE me! They make me feel like I can still LIKE pokemon! Seriously, I used to get ragged about it a lot, but they were all people who I hated anyway! Why should I listen to them?!? I'm my own person!

POKEMON FANS 4EVER!!!!

*deep breath*

Had to get that out. DON"T STOP BELIEVIN'!

Penguin_Man

Dude, don't worry. Who's to say you can't enjoy something because it's a 'kiddie show'? I'm 16, and granted it's not the same, I don't care what people think, as long as im happy

Flamethrowa55

I just got into this again before my 14th birthday, I took my old games out to see how it was. and i think its one of the best things ive done in a while. i mean it keeps me busy, and thinking of game stradegys is really fun, i don't care if not so many people my age dont like it as long as I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.