• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Am I too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Validus

I think older players like us, need to have some sort of over 18 community to join. I myself am 22. Older players have to be willing to put up with alot of discouragement. i think it would be great if there was somewhere we could easily find others like us. i know there are quite a few on SPF but, i'd like a focused group.... hmm.... lol maybe i'm just feeling alone.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I think older players like us, need to have some sort of over 18 community to join. I myself am 22. Older players have to be willing to put up with alot of discouragement. i think it would be great if there was somewhere we could easily find others like us. i know there are quite a few on SPF but, i'd like a focused group.... hmm.... lol maybe i'm just feeling alone.

There's a group like that here, The Adult Pokemon Fans Group, if that counts...

I'm 18 and just started college, but I've played Pokemon since the Red/Blue era, and have never lost interest in it. I guess it's because I'm a sucker for RPG games, but I have always played Pokemon over anything else. And chances are I'll be playing them 30 years down the long, starnge as that sounds. It's become a staple of my life, and I don;t want to lose it, I guess.

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
16 years old and even the teachers know not to mess with me and my Pokémon. The eldest I've seen was 55, and he in on Bulbagarden. At the TCG Battle Roads, most of my opponents were 30+.

Cappie

Advanced trainer
I'm in the same situation, although I'm 16. Way back everyone used to like pokémon when the trainercards first came out, but out of those I knew I was the only one to keep on liking it. I love pokémon, both the games and tcg, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to tell people I'm into it when I'm in this age. The only one who knows about my interest is my family, which means I haven't even told my friends. I don't want to be laughed out by everyone around me.
But no, I absolutely don't think you're too old to play. Pokémon's for everyone, no matter age. If you decide to tell your friends then they should understand and be fine about you still liking pokémon, and I guess, I should take my own advice too.

wichu

The thing about Pokémon is that it has something for a wide age range. The TV series is aimed at kids of around 7-10 (hence Ash's age), and the games are aimed at older children of around 10-13. However, the games have a depth which is usually only comprehensible to older people (competitive battling). The strategy and thought involved appeals to basically everyone, regardless of age (once they understand it).

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
My question is why are they even complaining? Think about the adults who wear Pooh Bear and Disney cloths and then have the gal to complain about people who love Pokemon. (No insult intended! I was raised on the two and if there's anyone who can knock my socks off with amazing 3D animation and an amusing story line every time, it's Disney.) I just think that its entirely hypocritical of them to be complaining at us and don't even get me started on the Hello Kitty franchise...

Killer Grunt

Well im 17 now and still like pokemon, ok i have never watched the anime since johto but thats mostly because i forget about it. The stupid thing is when i was about 12 people would make fun of you for liking pokemon but now when your older its perfectly fine for you to like it. In fact i think more of my friends like it now we are more grown up than how many did when we were kids.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I'm 11 >_> pokemon makes me happy

Torpoleon

I am 11 I like Pokemon.

DragonBlade

鋼トレーナー
I know someone in his 30s and plays pokemon, dont worry about it ;)

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Of course you're not too old, I know someone who's 24 who likes Pokemon.

I'm 21 and a Pokémon fan, and I'm proud of it! Nobody ever has to be ashamed about it, because if you truly like it then nobody can make you feel bad about it. ><

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
Dude, I'm a 23 year old Poke freak! And I'll be 24 in April! If it wasn't for my job, you'd be seeing me playing/watching Pokemon all the time. Well, not really all the time, but I guess you got the idea! XD

I don't play or watch pokemon much these days 'cause work takes almost all of my time. My advise to you, play and watch Pokemon as much as you can now, because in the future you may get too busy for it. ;)

candymancan

I think with maturity comes an appreciation of what has value; be it literary, comedic, you name it. It may just be my opinion, but I think that all Pokemon has going for it in this way is A) ingenious gameplay (or at least it was clever when it first came around) and B) nostalgic value. I hate to burst the bubble of all you fanboys (and girls) but Pokemon was never known for story value, the graphics have been sub-par (especially in the DS games), and the anime is terrible and has been for quite some time. Game Freak is pretty much playing up the fan base's loyalty by putting as little effort into new games as possible in order to keep introducing minor "improvements" to the same old same old, put it in a new box, and sell it to you for thirty dollars. Nintendo is known for its innovation, but sadly the same cannot be said for Game Freak- at least when it comes to Pokemon. If you want an ingenious game in the range of what Pokemon should have been, go play Spore. Or Nintendogs.

It's all my opinion of course, sorry for the length and the way it turned into a rant. No rude replies please :)

Spore sucks,

As for no "new" pokemon games, so in the last 3 years you call Ruby/Sapphire and D/P old remakes ? The whole area's are new and they introduced what 200 new pokemon alltogether.

I agree im tired of the Leaf/Fire and now Platinum type remakes but they arent all remakes. There seems to be a trend every couple years there is something new. Whole of course they dont change the story or how the Gyms or battles progress i agree there i can predict it all now i still enjoy it.

Personally Ruby/Sapphire were the best as far as story/setting and Plot went

Status
Not open for further replies.