• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ambipom's Return: Destination Kalos

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
272993272_494820.gif

Hello everyone and welcome to my newest RMT. It's been quite some time since I've made a new, creative team and thought it was time to arise from my small depression and regain my creativity in building team. So here I am with you all again! As some know, Ambipom is my 3rd favorite Pokémon, just below Alakazam and Hydreigon. I've made many successful teams with him in the past and have decided to once again use him in 6th Gen, thus carrying on my interest in showing others of his versatility. All this aside, Fairy types and new attacks now run rampant and I've found myself trying to adapt to the new metagame. And here I am rambling again..... MOVING ON! I introduce, "Ambipom's Return"!

Andy_the_Ambipom_by_threeQuestions.gif

#Facepalm (Ambipom) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Power-Up Punch
- U-turn

First up is nothing other than Ambipom himself! Since its introduction, Ambipom has captivated my fascination with its scouting ability, while also being able to freely abuse Fake Out and very underestimated Double Hit. Power-Up Punch is a new move which boosts the user's Attack every time it hits. Since it has a 40 base power, I decided to try it out; seeing as it does receive the Technician boost and make Ambipom more powerful overall. After a single Power-Up Punch, Ambipom begins to gain momentum as an attacker. If able to fire off 2 unscathed, Ambipom reeks havoc with repeated STAB Double Hit(s). If need be, Ambipom flees the field with U-Turn and switches out to someone who fills the role much better for the moment in battle.

noivern_by_polloron-d6dasz9.gif

Caelli (Noivern) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Next up, we have the much anticipated Noivern! Noivern was that one of those Pokémon we saw during the CoroCoro leaks that, in the moment of seeing it, we suddenly became excited and awe-struck. That said, it goes without saying that Noivern will be making an impact on the current meta as a Dragon type whose strengths and weaknesses limit only to its trainer's ability to understand its needs. Noivern is currently running a set of Draco Meteor, Hurricane, Flamethrower & Roost because, honestly, I could think of nothing else to be run outside of Boomburst or U-Turn. On a more important note, Expert Belt acts as a bluff for Noivern holding Specs; such as Latios in Gen V.

aegislash-blade.png

Unknightly (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

Moving on, we come to a more uprising popular Pokémon, Aegislash. After much consideration, Aegislash was added to the team as an offensive set up wall. Originally added because of its unique Ghost/Steel typing, Aegislash has shown many additional reasons for having its place on the team. Though using a standard set, Aegislash is by far one of the most effective members on the team. Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword are devastating after a single Swords Dance, even moreso if allowed a second turn to set up. Since he pairs well with Noivern and Ambipom, I decided that he'd be added in immediately to then further its support with the soon to be introduced teammates.

lucario-mega.gif

Real Steel (Lucario) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified(Adaptability)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly nature
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Well, since Blaziken hit the Uber fan once again and Volcarona was imminent prey for Talonflame, I decided to opt out for the next best option; Lucario. Though the set seems odd, or what now may be known as being standard, I enjoy using him after a turn to set up a Swords Dance and follow up in a sweep. It's biggest threat thus far is Talonflame, whom is walled by Rotom-W on the team to an extent. High Jump Kick is actually pending in my decision to replace it with Close Combat for more assurance. Bullet Punch is my choice of priority since it contends with other forms of priority like Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave, and hits those wretched Fairy types for a decent amount of damage. Crunch deals with those pesky Ghost types that may pose issues to my team, such as Gengar, Gorgeist and Dusknoir.

121-frame1.png

Sparkle (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Next I began searching for an effective spinner and status absorber for the team. The search soon lead me to Starmie, whom is undoubtedly facing many new threats this generation. With Starmie on the team, the synergy between Aegislash, Blaziken and Noivern had been almost complete. Since Starmie can sponge Fire, Psychic and Ice types aimed at the 3, it made its way quickly onto the team. Psyshock and Ice Beam seemed to be the best moves for now until I find a combination, outside of BoltBeam, that is more effective. Recover is obviously to keep Starmie healthy while racking up recoil damage.

479water.png

Eekz (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SpDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-Wisp
- Rest

Rotom-W made the last slot as a place holder for what would have been RP Landorus had PokeBank been released any sooner. This set helps fend off Talonflame threats to the team; especially since my team currently has no way of setting up rocks on the opponent's side of the field. Although to be fair, that is why Starmie is there. This bulky set also has enough power to OHKO defensive Gliscor with Hydro Pump, whom also is a somewhat odd threat to the team as it spreads poison and stalls it to its last bit of health. Will-o-Wisp helps deal more with physical attacker that hate to have a burn inflicted upon them and crippling their offensive ability. It also helps chip away at the health of such bulkhead walls like Gorgeist, Tangrowth, Amoongus, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you have it. The team is mainly for fun WiFi battles, though it is moreso enjoyable because of my being able to use Ambipom. Overall the team has done well thus far and rarely finds itself in tight situations when battling my friends and associates. Any rates and suggestions are appreciated ofcourse. Keep in mind when rating and/or making suggestions that this is mainly for WiFi, although all suggestions will probably be tested over Showdown before made for WiFi. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed my RMT and I hope to hear some feedback. Thanks guys!​

Featured Battles:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-67142874

Last edited:

GenericAsh

The team looks really good, but running a choiced Noivern with 2 moves that has such a high chance to fail is not ideal, I'd switch out Draco Meteor for Dragon pulse, since being locked into a statlowering move is hardly optimal.

I see that you noted your Aegislash as having 30Spd IVs, but as far as i understand, it would be better off having 0, since it lets you stay in shield form long enough to take a hit before you use Sacred Sword.

Also Blaziken is banned from the OU metagame, but if this is for in-game that shouldnt matter too much.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
The team looks really good, but running a choiced Noivern with 2 moves that has such a high chance to fail is not ideal, I'd switch out Draco Meteor for Dragon pulse, since being locked into a statlowering move is hardly optimal.

I see that you noted your Aegislash as having 30Spd IVs, but as far as i understand, it would be better off having 0, since it lets you stay in shield form long enough to take a hit before you use Sacred Sword.

Also Blaziken is banned from the OU metagame, but if this is for in-game that shouldnt matter too much.

Sorry, I forgot to update the team after I found out Blaziken went Uber again. At any rate, the changes are as stated:

- Noivern has Expert Belt instead of Choice Specs to bluff the opponent. Noivern also has Roost instead of U-Turn for surprise recovery on her part.

- Blaziken was replaced by Volcarona.
Volcarona (Hotaru) @ Lum Berry
252 SAtk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance and Roost

Volcarona really needs the coverage supplied by Giga Drain or HP Rock, because as it stands Volc has no method of touching Heatran or Talonflame. Being able to lure and kill Talonflame, its single biggest counter, is of the utmost importance.

Other than that, this team looks solid. However, you lack a solid method of handling Talonflame, as Jolteon is actually OHKOd by +2 Brave Bird.I would suggest replacing Jolteon with a bulky attacker Rotom-W. The compounded Grass weakness is of little concern to this team, as it has Noivern, Volcarona, and to an extent Aegislash. In return, it gives you insurance against Talonflame, most Mega Mawile, and Genesect for when PokeBank comes out.

For reference:

+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jolteon: 284-335 (104.7 - 123.6%)
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 177-209 (59.1 - 69.8%)

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Volcarona really needs the coverage supplied by Giga Drain or HP Rock, because as it stands Volc has no method of touching Heatran or Talonflame. Being able to lure and kill Talonflame, its single biggest counter, is of the utmost importance.

Other than that, this team looks solid. However, you lack a solid method of handling Talonflame, as Jolteon is actually OHKOd by +2 Brave Bird.I would suggest replacing Jolteon with a bulky attacker Rotom-W. The compounded Grass weakness is of little concern to this team, as it has Noivern, Volcarona, and to an extent Aegislash. In return, it gives you insurance against Talonflame, most Mega Mawile, and Genesect for when PokeBank comes out.

For reference:

+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jolteon: 284-335 (104.7 - 123.6%)
+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 177-209 (59.1 - 69.8%)

Thanks for the advice The Imposter. I've actually considered Rotom-W believe it or not. Just trying to get my hands on a well enough Rotom for the moment. That aside, I agree, I need a counter to Talonflame and Rotom definitely fits the bill. I'll make the change and get back to everyone with the results. Thanks for the advice everyone.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I. LOVE. THIS. TEAM.

Like so much. My Ambipom has the exact same moveset, and I've managed to sweep multiple Xerneas with him!

I notice that your team is mostly offensive. I would suggest maybe changing your Noivern to a Taunt user? I feel status moves (like spore and confuse ray) might be very harmful, so your team would benefit if Noivern were to learn it. The one I'm using:

Noivern@Dragon Fang
Timid/Infiltrator
252 Speed, 156 SpAtk, 100 HP
~Taunt
~Super Fang
~U-turn
~Draco Meteor

A lot of my friends like to use Prankster Volbeat/Sableye and cripple my entire team, so hopefully Noivern will put a stop to them. The speed is still high enough to Draco Meteor and U-turn out (not having to worry about the SpAtk drop), while also breaking annoying status-inducers with Taunt and breaking walls with Super Fang.

But I'm definitely happy someone else sees Ambipom as a threat, because Technician+STAB+Silk Scarf Double Hit is nothing to laugh about. It break Focus Sashes and Sturdys, and PUP is good when the opponent is locked into a Shadow Ball Taunt or during a switch in. Great team!

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I. LOVE. THIS. TEAM.

Like so much. My Ambipom has the exact same moveset, and I've managed to sweep multiple Xerneas with him!

I notice that your team is mostly offensive. I would suggest maybe changing your Noivern to a Taunt user? I feel status moves (like spore and confuse ray) might be very harmful, so your team would benefit if Noivern were to learn it. The one I'm using:

Noivern@Dragon Fang
Timid/Infiltrator
252 Speed, 156 SpAtk, 100 HP
~Taunt
~Super Fang
~U-turn
~Draco Meteor

A lot of my friends like to use Prankster Volbeat/Sableye and cripple my entire team, so hopefully Noivern will put a stop to them. The speed is still high enough to Draco Meteor and U-turn out (not having to worry about the SpAtk drop), while also breaking annoying status-inducers with Taunt and breaking walls with Super Fang.

But I'm definitely happy someone else sees Ambipom as a threat, because Technician+STAB+Silk Scarf Double Hit is nothing to laugh about. It break Focus Sashes and Sturdys, and PUP is good when the opponent is locked into a Shadow Ball Taunt or during a switch in. Great team!

Glad to see I'm not the only dedicated Ambipom fan out there this Gen. Haha.

But yeah, I updated the team for what it is as of now. The only things I seem to have trouble with are annoying walls like Gorgeist and Amoongus, but the two are played around somewhat by using Noivern's Hurricane. Scizor is also somewhat annoying(especially Mega Scizor), but it can't really do much to Lucario without taking a High Jump Kick to the face or Rotom-W without being burned.

I want to say thanks to those who have given me advice as they have surely shown a significant improvement. :)

•Blaziken > Volcarona > Lucario
•Jolteon > Rotom-W
•Aegislash: Lum Berry > Leftovers
•Noivern: Choice Specs > Expert Belt; U-Turn > Roost