• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

American comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Man

Banned
Anyone here read american comics like marvel and dc as well as independent stuff? I do because I find most manga to be pretty dull. The colors in comics really make for a more enjoyable art style and reading experience. I wait for trade paper backs to come out which are magazine sized almost and are a very enjoy able read. The difference between the manga and comic book formats is like difference between a dvd on a sd tv and a blue ray on a hd 16:9.

The universes of dc and marvel are always changing as a hole and all of the current story lines reflect and are influenced by it. Like for example how civil wat and secret invasion,2 large marvel events, shaped the story lines of many books Comic books are a liveng, ever changing medium.

7 tyranitars

american comics are NO Manga and won't even get close to it

Green_Man

Banned
Why would they want to be? Manga stories are so boring and it takes manga 12 chapters to tell a story that american comics would easily tell in 4-6 issues. There is no manga that can even come close to watchmen,the killing joke,dark knight returns,sandman or fables.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
You're joking right? American comics are highly guilty of stretching out stories into 12321312 different issues if you want to know the whole story and this isn't even in the main books. All the major events since Decimation in marvel show this. There's a difference between proper pacing and bad story telling. Also American comic books can get so brain dead retarded you wanna punch someone in the face or at least the person who let it happen. I'm looking at you Ultimates 3.
This comes from a comic book fanatic. Adding color to story does not making it any better. People like they said this should be moved elsewhere.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

Why would they want to be? Manga stories are so boring and it takes manga 12 chapters to tell a story that american comics would easily tell in 4-6 issues. There is no manga that can even come close to watchmen,the killing joke,dark knight returns,sandman or fables.

american comics are trash really lol only thing that is better is color added to every page and still manga wins it from american comics

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
American comics are notorious for explaining some convoluted story arc that made no sense at all by simply claiming that "It was another universe". Not only that, but they create **** tons of spinoff series with pretty much every characters. They former of the two I find very lazy writing and most of the time it is editorially mandated.

The only thing they have going for them is that they get color every page, and sometimes that's not a good thing. Manga has it beat pretty much.

Chris

Old Coot
Not manga. Take it to Entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.