• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

American Horror Story - Discussion/Speculation

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I did a search and there were no threads on this so...

This is the American Horror Story thread!
Discuss your favorite episodes/seasons,
and join in the discussion of season 4:Freak Show

Guyguymon

I created SPINXOR
Anyone seen the finale?

state of grace

Asylum was my favorite season, and I seriously doubt Murphy will ever top that. Freak Show was such a huge disappointment. The finale was okay I guess, obviously it was better than Coven's travesty of a finale.
I need a Frances led season. She was always one of my favorites on the show.

Navarch

My ranking of the seasons:

1. Asylum
2/3. Murder House/Coven
4. Freakshow

Freakshow was really a disappointment. It felt really messy and boring. I think there were too many characters, leading to not many of them being memorable. I was really hoping the finale would have connected directly to Asylum. I had a theory that Elsa, Bette & Dot, and Jimmy were going to be abducted by aliens and given a clean slate, being placed into their Asylum roles. Elsa receives legs, Jimmy gets normal hands, and the twins are separated. Dot would survive, and ends up a lesbian in Asylum as a reflection to what she was missing: a woman.

Chili

Geez we got some harsh critics of Freak Show! How can anyone rank Coven as their most liked? I mean come on, so many plot holes....

Mine would have to be... (in order from worst to best.)

4. Coven (Man, I love witches and voodoo but they could have done so much better. When they set Marie Delphine Lalaurie up to be a better person they brought her back to her evil, racist self. Then, when Kyle would have sex with Zoe, he never died. Some people say "you can't kill someone who is already dead." However, that would be stupid because Madison was killed twice. Well, I can say I love witches, voodoo, and stevie nicks!
3. Murder House (Very good pilot season but it made me feel a little claustrophobic and I really hated how Tate was a school shooter. That stuff messes me up. None the less, a very good season but I didn't connect with it as much. )
2. Freak Show (I felt really connected to the "Freaks"
1. Asylum (Great characters, real thriller!)

I find good things in every season! Stop putting things down so much guys! Look for good qualities, even if it isn't your favorite season.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I found Freak Show to have been overhyped.
The last episode would have been extremely good if they split it into two; one episode showing Dandy actually performing and then what followed, and the second being about Elsa's fame. Mashing those two split stories into one episode was really bad.

And is anyone just tired of all of these connections between seasons? I found this to be extremley disappointing because I wanted all of them to be standalone stories.
That Pepper backstory, though, was really tear-inducing.

I found Coven to be more memorable than this season, even though I thought the plots and characters in both were kinda predictable.
Heck, I'm rewatching Coven and I find that I like a lot of what's going on in comparison to FS.
I just can't get over Paulson's great performance with that dummy on her shoulder when she played Bette and Dot.

Speculation
Anyone want to have a go at what the next season is going to be themed?
The FX CEO said that the 5th installment will take place in the modern day.
From that, I don't see the Mad Hatter theory happening anytime soon.

Chili

I absolutely loved Bette and Dot.

Was I the only one who felt bad for Maggie when she was sawed in half?

A lot of people would like to see Season 5 about aliens. I don't have problems with that.