• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

American Idol (2013) - Season 12

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Well guys, here it's that time again. A whole new season, new judges (besides Randy), and many more people to discover to find the next American Idol.

Phillip Phillips, Season 11 winner, went off with a flame with his song "Home", going out with a bang. Going triple Platinum. And widely broadcast over the country. How will This season's winner top that?

The Judges:
Randy Jackson
Keith Urban
Mariah Carey
Nicki Minaj

Host:
Ryan Seacrest

So if you are watching the show, discuss here! What do y'all think of the show so far? Like the new additions to the judges panel? Like the people who are auditioning? Like the fact Ryan Seacrest is still the host? What's your favorite Pop-tart flavor?

This, is American Idol!

goldensteambun

loanshark prince
I cried a river when I heard Nicky Minaj is one of the judges. She scared me for life, how will I ever watch the show now orz

Also it won't be showing in my place until a few more days, plus it is one cable tv >v>;;

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I cried a river when I heard Nicky Minaj is one of the judges. She scared me for life, how will I ever watch the show now orz

Also it won't be showing in my place until a few more days, plus it is one cable tv >v>;;
i hate her to XD

and i have to admit, you got this thread up fast, it just started a 1/2 hour ago.

and did you guys see the guy who tried the justin beiber song? I was in the other room and asked "did he start singing yet?" cuz his voice had no....music. XD

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Omg, that kid was like a combination of Justin Bieber (obviously) and Top 9 finalist Heejun Han from Season 11 last year. It was a given he wasn't going to go past the first round.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I won't watch American Idol until that thing is gone. I don't like Mariah Carey either, but I could deal with her since she has, you know, experience.

Floette

Fennekin
Loving the new season so far to be honest. Then again, I'm a huge Nicki Minaj supporter. I think she is ridiculously hilarious, misunderstood, and talented. But this isn't a thread on Nicki Minaj! I'm liking the contestants a lot. I think Keith Urban is a good judge so far, I want to hear him talk more.

If out of all those who we've seen get golden tickets, I like the self-titled "Turbinator." He was a crazy good singer, was extraordinarily fashionable with his large collection of flashy turbans (including a marigold one to match Nicki's wig :p), and I think he could be a really good role model for a lot of modern Muslim Americans... I could definitely see him going far in the competition.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I wasn't able to catch the 2nd half of the show tonight. But from what I saw in the first hour, the competition isn't half bad, but it's the beginning still.

The guy who had a robotic leg, oh man... what an inspiration. He's got a lot of heart; too bad he didn't make it past this round. But, I can understand why though; it just wasn't exactly ready for him.

The judges need to banter less; I felt as though they were talking constantly, and possibly over the contestants? Keith's not bad either, but he doesn't get the chance to talk too much. When he does, it's pretty decent judging. Randy, man, he's there. To be honest, Nicki isn't as bad as I thought she was going to be, and she is pretty genuine when giving advice and helping the contestants. She does give off a good impression. Mariah is okay, but I don't feel her quite yet.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow @ the people who are attacking Nicki for no reason. The season has just started, so it's unfair to judge her based on just the first episodes. So far she's impressed me as a judge. Mariah does have more experience than Nicki, but her attitude will get the best of her. I hope the drama is kept to a minimum as the season progresses.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ugh, Mariah Carey is sooooooooooo annoying!!! Stop being such a diva girl, it makes you look like a brat -_-.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
awhh man, i missed the 1st set of auditions.

and Nicki minaj is a judge?!
oh god
This is what I thought at first. O_O I was like "No way in hell will this end well" but I was proven wrong. I agree with Ansem on this, the girl with hearing problems was amazing. :3

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
smh I think you just have bad taste.

and to whoever said 'Mariah is a brat/diva' what were you expecting lmao have you even done your research on the woman?

Ya I know that's why I can't stand her -_-. Doesn't help that she dissed my people so ya, not her biggest fan *shrugs*.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I wasn't able to catch the 2nd half of the show tonight. But from what I saw in the first hour, the competition isn't half bad, but it's the beginning still.

The guy who had a robotic leg, oh man... what an inspiration. He's got a lot of heart; too bad he didn't make it past this round. But, I can understand why though; it just wasn't exactly ready for him.

The judges need to banter less; I felt as though they were talking constantly, and possibly over the contestants? Keith's not bad either, but he doesn't get the chance to talk too much. When he does, it's pretty decent judging. Randy, man, he's there. To be honest, Nicki isn't as bad as I thought she was going to be, and she is pretty genuine when giving advice and helping the contestants. She does give off a good impression. Mariah is okay, but I don't feel her quite yet.
Yeah, when ive seen nicki in other things I didnt like her, but i think i could get used to her on this show.

Turbanator. Nuff said.
He was good, but i doubt he'll get very far.

Dreamy

Personally I like some of Nicki's music and I think she will be pretty interesting on the show. Keith Urban is really here nor there for me and Mariah is Mariah, nuf said.

I've watched every season of AI, but I've been very disappointed with the past few seasons, America is only voting for one type of person to win, look back at just the past three or four "winners". Hopefully this season will bring something different that this country needs so desperately.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Personally I like some of Nicki's music and I think she will be pretty interesting on the show. Keith Urban is really here nor there for me and Mariah is Mariah, nuf said.

I've watched every season of AI, but I've been very disappointed with the past few seasons, America is only voting for one type of person to win, look back at just the past three or four "winners". Hopefully this season will bring something different that this country needs so desperately.

i personally have only seen the last 2 seasons, but i can see what you're saying.
both scotty and phill philips where country singers and during the competition, country singers seemed to go the farthest.