• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

American Idol (2013) - Season 12

Asuka

Banned
Is it true that Nicki's leaving Idol? If that's confirmed then I'm said cause she was one of the better judges of the season and I was looking forward to seeing her again next season.

Lol yes those three hundred million views totally tanked D:

YouTube views =/= success.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Is it true that Nicki's leaving Idol? If that's confirmed then I'm said cause she was one of the better judges of the season and I was looking forward to seeing her again next season.

YouTube views =/= success.

Ya but it shows it didn't tank lol. Most artists would kill for that many views.

Dreamy

if they're getting rid of everyone, then they may as well cancel AI altogether. it's getting really desperate at this point

Oy america wtf -_-.....Angie :(.....

Candice you better win now....
Thought for sure Kree was outta there :( come on America geez
This. Nuff said.
^Yeah what he said. Even though I really don't care anymore.
Well that was a snooze fest.

None of them had any winning performances in my opinion.

And all that advertising for Carly Rae Jepsen and her dumb new single and it was..... that?

Honestly, I don't care who wins this go around.

Yeah it was a complete let down.

The era of AI is over IMO

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Ya but it shows it didn't tank lol. Most artists would kill for that many views.

what does that have to do with what I said? I'm talking about TV viewer ratings, which I thought was obviously implied. the show IS losing viewers, and it has been doing that for the past 5 or so years. 300 million views on YouTube won't change that, and if anything, it's probably AI stanners watching over and over again. you're delusional if you think that American Idol is more than just a fragment of the empire it used to be

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
what does that have to do with what I said? I'm talking about TV viewer ratings, which I thought was obviously implied. the show IS losing viewers, and it has been doing that for the past 5 or so years. 300 million views on YouTube won't change that, and if anything, it's probably AI stanners watching over and over again. you're delusional if you think that American Idol is more than just a fragment of the empire it used to be
Yes it is losing viewers, but they have already planned where the next season's auditions are gonna be. And they JUST cam out with the app. I think AI will still be around for quite a while.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Lol did you even see what I highlighted?? You said Gentlemen tanked and I just said it didn't. I didn't even mention idol.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Lol did you even see what I highlighted?? You said Gentlemen tanked and I just said it didn't. I didn't even mention idol.

oh, it all looks the same under the sunlight. then I take back the “delusional" remark. but Gentleman still isn't successful. you don't see parodies of it flooding YouTube. and people don't make references to the song in pop culture. but think what you want, because this isn't the Psy Thread. and my point is that AI is in such a bad shape that the people performing on the Idol state are past season finalists, and Psy and Jennifer Lopez in the finale week. believe me, there has been better

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
lol this show is a train wreck. you know that's true when psy is performing the song that tanked in the finale. I read on MSN that Nicki is choosing to leave. apparently, the ratings dropped a lot this season because of her and her feud with Marian Carey. I honestly think there's just no salvation for this show

I'm not too bothered about Onika leaving the show tbh. I loved seeing her as a judge for a while, but I think she should focus more on her music. Her feud with Mariah was worth a few laughs though. That was really the only part of this season that caught my interest. I just couldn't be bothered to support the actual contestants. Sad, I know.

Kurry

What feud? Both of them were, unfortunately, pretty tame this season. They had a few minor spats at each other, but none of them were outrageous enough to warrant any media attention. Honestly, Nicki was probably one of the most disappointing judges ever. Aside maybe from Ellen in whatever season she appeared in. Where were crazy outfits, unfiltered attitude, etc? I thought this is what they hired her for... Bleh, the show is coming on now. I'm glad it's finally ending.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This finale was pretty bad, but laughable. Can't believe PSY, but boy was that "entertaining".

However, I did enjoy the idol contestants making fun of the judges. Good one. xD

Domino by Angie and Jessie J was good, but it could have been better.

What I didn't really enjoy was that a majority of everyone was lip syncing. Even PSY was.

Randy gets a goodbye tribute. Guess the rumors were true. Well miss you, dawg, after 12 seasons.

J LO yeah!

Kree and Candice sing one last time together. Here we go... the winner is...

Candice.

Saw it coming from a mile. Congrats to her though, she deserves it.

And now I'm done with this show, after 5 months of this season. I thought it would never end. It's been fun watching idol with y'all.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
What feud? Both of them were, unfortunately, pretty tame this season. They had a few minor spats at each other, but none of them were outrageous enough to warrant any media attention. Honestly, Nicki was probably one of the most disappointing judges ever. Aside maybe from Ellen in whatever season she appeared in. Where were crazy outfits, unfiltered attitude, etc? I thought this is what they hired her for... Bleh, the show is coming on now. I'm glad it's finally ending.

do you watch american idol and then hide in a cave afterwards? everyone knows they were feuding. it's almost hard to believe how public it was. Mariah basically told Nicki at the judge's table like a week ago that she has no #1 singles. then Nicki tweeted “subtle" remarks about how mariah is so insecure and that's why jLo was gonna take her job. you can honestly Google those two and read a s***load of articles about their feud. they didn't like each other for a second. maybe the producers thought that would boost ratings, but it actually backfired.

and Ellen was in season 9 (that really bad one where the best that AI had to offer were Lee Dewyze and Crystal Bowersox)

Kurry

do you watch american idol and then hide in a cave afterwards? everyone knows they were feuding. it's almost hard to believe how public it was. Mariah basically told Nicki at the judge's table like a week ago that she has no #1 singles. then Nicki tweeted “subtle" remarks about how mariah is so insecure and that's why jLo was gonna take her job. you can honestly Google those two and read a s***load of articles about their feud. they didn't like each other for a second. maybe the producers thought that would boost ratings, but it actually backfired.

and Ellen was in season 9 (that really bad one where the best that AI had to offer were Lee Dewyze and Crystal Bowersox)

I don't actively use Twitter nor do I ever read up too much on celebrity news. I just go by what the show gives us. If they wanted to get across the idea that Mariah and Nicki were feuding than they should have shown the Charlotte footage in its entirety back during the audition week.

Anyhow, pretty meh finale. Glad Candice took the crown.

Oh, god, Mariah trying WAY too hard to look glamorous in that tacky dress. Haha.

Seeing Keith perform was amazing though. How can anyone not love Keith? He's awesome.

And I loved seeing the guys return to the stage also.

You know, I do kind of like Jessie J... but... why. Why did she shave off that cute hair style she had? :( Is she in THAT phase of her career already?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay Candice <3!!!!! Finally America got it right after YEARS <3!!!!!!