• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

American Idol (2013) - Season 12

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Actually, if you look back a "wee" bit father, we've had about 5 of the same kinds of singers win the competition. You're right about that though Coyote.

Season 7 - David Cook (2008)
Season 8 - Kris Allen (2009)
Season 9 - Lee DeWyze (2010)
Season 10 - Scotty McCreery (2011)
Season 11 - Phillip Phillips (2012)

And they're all symbolized by the AI meme that spreads around, known as the "White Guy With Guitar". Lots of people, I bet, are believing it'll happen a sixth time this year. Here's hoping we get a girl winner though.

Also, if you watched the opening theme, you could see in the part where the showed 3 of the Idol winners, it was Scotty (left), Phillip (center) and Kris (right). Lee DeWyze won the year after Kris, but wasn't put in his place because of how underwhelming he performed. More/less, Kris was a bit more popular. (That's just what I'm observing from AI discussions).

Dreamy

Actually, if you look back a "wee" bit father, we've had about 5 of the same kinds of singers win the competition. You're right about that though Coyote.

Season 7 - David Cook (2008)
Season 8 - Kris Allen (2009)
Season 9 - Lee DeWyze (2010)
Season 10 - Scotty McCreery (2011)
Season 11 - Phillip Phillips (2012)

And they're all symbolized by the AI meme that spreads around, known as the "White Guy With Guitar". Lots of people, I bet, are believing it'll happen a sixth time this year. Here's hoping we get a girl winner though.

Also, if you watched the opening theme, you could see in the part where the showed 3 of the Idol winners, it was Scotty (left), Phillip (center) and Kris (right). Lee DeWyze won the year after Kris, but wasn't put in his place because of how underwhelming he performed. More/less, Kris was a bit more popular. (That's just what I'm observing from AI discussions).

Yeah see what I'm saying, it's enough already, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all so boring, David was ok though.

I noticed that too, but it didn't surprise me.

If it happens again this time, I'm done with AI.

Also, notice how the female's have gone on to make the most fame and fortune.

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Yeah see what I'm saying, it's enough already, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all so boring, David was ok though.

I noticed that too, but it didn't surprise me.

If it happens again this time, I'm done with AI.

Also, notice how the female's have gone on to make the most fame and fortune.

its up to the voters.
and imo, its not really about winning, its about exposure.
after all some of the most popular people who were on the show didnt win.

Dreamy

its up to the voters.
and imo, its not really about winning, its about exposure.
after all some of the most popular people who were on the show didnt win.
Well that's true too, but you also have to think about the huge amount of young female fans who flood the voting. It's going to be tough.

That's very true, the most talented doesn't always win.

Ruby Blue

I'm only watching for Nicki and Mariah.

I love Mariah, the diva character makes the series. Nicki is so much better than I expected, I think I'm starting to warm up to her? She's so sweet.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Got to catch up on the last hour last night; the girl who covered Super Bass was SUPER. I really hope she makes it far; she could be a finalist. Tonight is gonna be insane; Chicago, bring it on.

LOL that opening. Come on you guys, that was a little disappointing. Talk about awkwardness.

The blonde girl, Mackenzie, at the start of the show tonight isn't all too bad; she's cute and precious. Good voice too, pretty sweet and softening. But she's gotta impress me more if she's going to advance; gotta be a singer that I'm gonna remember.

Oh man, watchign what's coming up in the next 2 hours, it's going to be... something. xD

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Got to catch up on the last hour last night; the girl who covered Super Bass was SUPER. I really hope she makes it far; she could be a finalist. Tonight is gonna be insane; Chicago, bring it on.

LOL that opening. Come on you guys, that was a little disappointing. Talk about awkwardness.

The blonde girl, Mackenzie, at the start of the show tonight isn't all too bad; she's cute and precious. Good voice too, pretty sweet and softening. But she's gotta impress me more if she's going to advance; gotta be a singer that I'm gonna remember.

Oh man, watchign what's coming up in the next 2 hours, it's going to be... something. xD

I missed the intro but my bro told me about it.
That guy at the end was pretty good. And what about the high fire performer?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Lazaro, the guy with the stuttering problem, is already my idol on the show. I have had the same problem all my life, and we've both felt like loners. If I knew him as a kid, I would have been his friend. It broke my heart to hear him say he had no friends, nor would anyone want to hang out with him. That's sad. :( I hope he makes it far, he's got star quality, if not, a chance to make it to the final rounds.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nicki is so much better than I expected, I think I'm starting to warm up to her? She's so sweet.

Yassss sis, stan for the true queen of pop.

I liked tonight's episode. My favorite audition was Kez Ban's; she was bizarre, but she had a very soulful voice. Like Adele's, but not as overpowering. She was real and I loved it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMG Johnny's back!!!!!! YAY!!! God he is so hot

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Lazaro, the guy with the stuttering problem, is already my idol on the show. I have had the same problem all my life, and we've both felt like loners. If I knew him as a kid, I would have been his friend. It broke my heart to hear him say he had no friends, nor would anyone want to hang out with him. That's sad. :( I hope he makes it far, he's got star quality, if not, a chance to make it to the final rounds.
My friend had something like that, and I felt bad for the guy on the show cuz I thought of my friend.
OMG Johnny's back!!!!!! YAY!!! God he is so hot

I was wondering if I was the only guy who recognised him.

Dreamy

So far my favorite is Kez Ban, she is just what this show needs. I always root for the quirky singers anyway :p take that marketing exec's

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
So far my favorite is Kez Ban, she is just what this show needs. I always root for the quirky singers anyway :p take that marketing exec's
I don't mind a little strange as long as you don't rub it in my face. Kez Ban is an example of the "good strange"

miles0624

Wrath of Fire

She is my favorite too. She was really good and what the show needs.

Niccki is better than I expected. When they called her on, I was about to stop watching. Good thing I didn't give up.

The competition seems to be actually good (better than normal) this year. I haven't liked so many people in the first two episodes since season 6.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

i thought she was really good, very strange but good. (im pretty sure she was high but hey)
i also liked it how she just wanted to go to hollywood, not win "let some 17 year old girl whose dream is to win, win."

Dreamy

i thought she was really good, very strange but good. (im pretty sure she was high but hey)
i also liked it how she just wanted to go to hollywood, not win "let some 17 year old girl whose dream is to win, win."
Yeah probably lol, I lmao when she said that

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Along with Jonny Keyser coming back, did anyone else notice that Colton Dixon's sister came back to audition? Colton was the Top 7 finalist I believe, from last year. His sister, Schyler Dixon, got eliminated during Vegas Week last year, but now she made it through again this year.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Along with Jonny Keyser coming back, did anyone else notice that Colton Dixon's sister came back to audition? Colton was the Top 7 finalist I believe, from last year. His sister, Schyler Dixon, got eliminated during Vegas Week last year, but now she made it through again this year.

she did? i didnt notice that. (speaking of colton, when that rock guy brought the cookies tho the judges last night and randy mentioned that they havent had a rock person in a long time, and i was thinking of colton but i couldnt remeber his name XD)