• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

amiibo Thread

KillerDraco

If that's the case, I'm slightly less worried about Meta Knight's stock, despite being a store-exclusive amiibo. If I recall correctly they mentioned the main series characters remaining in circulation longer (as opposed to Marth, Villager, WFT), and if they have game-specific functionality... well, one can be hopeful. Although I did pre-order MK, so there's that.

On an unrelated note, post-Christmas, I'm up to six amiibo; Link, Zelda, Samus, Mario, Yoshi, and Peach. None are particularly rare but y'know what? I'm okay with that. The rarity is largely irrelevant for me since I don't intend to collect them all, and it's not like I'll ever be selling them either.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't have that many myself KillerDraco.

Anyway amiibos in action for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Site is Japanese, but easy to navigate and watch the videos.

Kirby amiibo gives Kirby readily available charge attack at any time.
Dedede amiibo gives Kirby more health.
Metaknight amiibo gives Kirby a more powerful spinning attack.

Genos

Legends Arceus
I like the King Dedede ability more. More health! Can't wait to see what amiibos do in Mario Party 10.

My Luigi amiibo is arriving next Tuesday. Apparently it's here in SoCal but won't arrive at my house till the 30th (it's at San Bernardino to Los Angeles where I live).

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Since Japan is having no trouble keeping any Amiibos in stock on Amazon, I went and preordered every single Wave 3 Amiibo from Amazon.co.jp, along with Pit and Little Mac because they're completely impossible to find within a 500 mile radius of me. Also three more Marths since I have a buyer.

Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede and Sonic aren't on there, guessing they're retail exclusive in Japan or something, which is annoying but whatever.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Since Japan is having no trouble keeping any Amiibos in stock on Amazon, I went and preordered every single Wave 3 Amiibo from Amazon.co.jp, along with Pit and Little Mac because they're completely impossible to find within a 500 mile radius of me. Also three more Marths since I have a buyer.

Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede and Sonic aren't on there, guessing they're retail exclusive in Japan or something, which is annoying but whatever.

Yeah I still haven't found a Pit either, which is very annoying xD Its the only one I really wanted besides Pikachu.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
So supposedly the rest of the wave 2 Amiibos comes out today or tomorrow in stores, anyone one seen them in the US? The Walmart website says the Zelda Amiibo was sold out of my local Walmart but I was there yesterday and they didn't even have a tag for shelf space for those.

Recon

So supposedly the rest of the wave 2 Amiibos comes out today or tomorrow in stores, anyone one seen them in the US? The Walmart website says the Zelda Amiibo was sold out of my local Walmart but I was there yesterday and they didn't even have a tag for shelf space for those.

Some places have already had Wave 2 out. I have all of them except for Pit which should be coming at some point. The two other ones I don't have are Marth and Villager which are nowhere to be found.

Genos

Legends Arceus
My Luigi amiibo arrived. Now I have 2 amiibos!

Nearly 1 month till Wave 3 hits. Lucky Japan and Australia

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Something that has me mildly miffed is that Target has opened orders for Pit and Captain Falcon again and started shipping those orders

I preordered them off there a month ago, and I haven't even gotten information they've been shipped. Wait, they were cancelled two weeks ago

I'm mad now

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Something that has me mildly miffed is that Target has opened orders for Pit and Captain Falcon again and started shipping those orders

I preordered them off there a month ago, and I haven't even gotten information they've been shipped. Wait, they were cancelled two weeks ago

I'm mad now
Dang, I didn't see pit was at target. He's the only "rare" I havent ordered yet. I got Luigi today though and I'm sure I'll find a pit eventually

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Dang, I didn't see pit was at target. He's the only "rare" I havent ordered yet. I got Luigi today though and I'm sure I'll find a pit eventually

Pit is rare? I am pretty sure I saw quite a bit of them at my Target a couple days ago. I am looking for Yoshi really, and I can't find any store with him, my Gamestop, Walmart, and Target don't have him.

Kirby be everywhere though.

KillerDraco

Pit is rare? I am pretty sure I saw quite a bit of them at my Target a couple days ago. I am looking for Yoshi really, and I can't find any store with him, my Gamestop, Walmart, and Target don't have him.

Kirby be everywhere though.

It really depends. I went to three stores today just to see what was available, and none of them had Pit. All of them had Yoshi, one had Kirby, one was missing Pikachu. I ended up picking up Luigi, Kirby, and DK while I was there.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
i haven't seen any at any stores, and using store trackers (which i know arent always accurate) everywhere around me is out. then again i live in a very densely populated area (sf bay area) so i bet any that were shipped got snapped up quickly

in-store i havent seen anything rare at all. today at bestbuy there was luigi, dk, yoshi, peach, and pikachu i believe. even last week when i got samus (who is apparently becoming rarer) she was the last one left and the only other ones there were mario and dk.

Recon

Honestly depends on what stores ya go to. Last week, went to a Target, Best Buy, and two Gamestops. Target had a single DK, Best Buy had Links up the wazoo, a few Kirbys, Pikachus, and Marios, one Gamestop had only Peach, Zelda and Samus, while the other had almost everything except the holy trinity, Falcon, and Pit. The Target, Best Buy and Gamestop with the female amiibo were all in a mall, while the one with all of them was less than 5 minutes away from the mall. Now I know which one I'm going to from now on while I'm home.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
One thing we haven't discussed is amiibo names in Smash Bros. - what are some names you have given your amiibos?

I'm going to call my Pikachu amiibo The Brain - cookies to anyone who can say what that is a reference to.

If I get a Rosalina one, I'll name it Elsa, since the two characters look a lot alike.

If they ever make a Dr. Mario amiibo, I'll name mine Becker if I get one - cookies to anyone who gets that reference.

Zachmac

Pit is Pitty-Pat.
Pikachu is Yellow Rat.
Link is Lonk.
Donkey Kong is Dankey Kang.
Kirby is...Kirby. Maybe I'm gonna change that to "Pink-Pacman" or something, but I've got nothing right now. The idea of giving a name to a character that already has a name just seems kind of silly to me, though, so I don't really care that much.

Genos

Legends Arceus
Kirby = Black Blob (I gave him the color black)
Luigi = Weegee
Once I have Toon Link = Young Link (wasn't one of my mains, but I use him frequently in Melee).
And If Ness is made soon, I'll give him the name Ninten (because of similarity to Ness).

Also I know it's early but it will be amazing if they made a Mewtwo amiibo. :D

Pit is Pitty-Pat.
Pikachu is Yellow Rat.
Link is Lonk.
Donkey Kong is Dankey Kang.
Kirby is...Kirby. Maybe I'm gonna change that to "Pink-Pacman" or something, but I've got nothing right now. The idea of giving a name to a character that already has a name just seems kind of silly to me, though, so I don't really care that much.

Name Kirby Black Hole.

I'd name my Fox...Squeaky, because of his god-awful voice.