• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

amiibo Thread

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I still don't know if I trust that. So many people were circle jerking about how awful it would be if Walmart got these exclusive right after they were found, and now suddenly it happens? I'll wait for official confirmation

KillerDraco

Got my Meta Knight amiibo today, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I have to say though, the paint job on the mask wasn't the best, as there were a few various scuff marks (minor ones, you can only really tell if you look up close), but in all honesty, it actually makes it look better IMO, since it looks war torn. Funny how these things work out.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Got my Meta Knight amiibo today, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I have to say though, the paint job on the mask wasn't the best, as there were a few various scuff marks (minor ones, you can only really tell if you look up close), but in all honesty, it actually makes it look better IMO, since it looks war torn. Funny how these things work out.

All of them are like that. Supposedly it was done that way on purpose for that very reason.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Welp, I've finally started collecting amiibos. Got Mario, Luigi, Zelda, Diddy, Bowser, Link, Kirby, Samus, and Pikachu today. Nothing special, but I gotta start somewhere I guess. Might go out to hunt later today or tomorrow.

R_N

my toon link finally came in
such nice quality, really glad i waited for him for all of my link-amiibo needs

now i'm good until wave 5, since wave 4's bowser will, judging by wave 3, be literally everywhere

TheEliteEmpoleon

Ok, got Toon Link, Peach, Yoshi, and DK as well. Also, I heard that Marth may become available again for codename steam. Is that at all true?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I ordered Fox on Toys R Us this morning! I was on the amiibo tracker website and a fellow user posted a link to Fox. The link was legit, and my order went through successfully. My Toon Link came the other day as well! I really love the design for Toon Link!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I hope to get Fox at GameStop today. I happen to be running some errands and a GameStop is on the way this particular one last I recall had some Fox Amiibo.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Gotta say, the Ike amiibo is really impressive. At first I thought the shoulder guard was just splotched paint, but then I looked at him ingame and the actual marks on the ingame model are represented as dents in the amiibo.

Shame about the face, though.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well I couldn't get Fox, but I did get Bowser. I'm supposed to get a Rosalina Amiibo from Japan by March 10 too.

Torpoleon

Peach, Donkey Kong & Yoshi have had their MSRP lowered to $9.99. Not 3 amiibo I really want, but that should be helpful news for other people.

Speaking of Yoshi, I wonder how amiibo functionality will work for Woolly World, specifically if it reads & writes data, or just reads it. Wouldn't be surprised if it just reads data (besides, if it reads & writes data, Yoshi fans would need 3 Yoshi amiibo; one for Smash, one for Mario Party and one for Woolly World).

R_N

Peach, Donkey Kong & Yoshi have had their MSRP lowered to $9.99. Not 3 amiibo I really want, but that should be helpful news for other people.

Speaking of Yoshi, I wonder how amiibo functionality will work for Woolly World, specifically if it reads & writes data, or just reads it. Wouldn't be surprised if it just reads data (besides, if it reads & writes data, Yoshi fans would need 3 Yoshi amiibo; one for Smash, one for Mario Party and one for Woolly World).

is the read/write aspect of mario party even worth it
you just store an item

als i'd hope for a wooly world yoshi variant
presumably they have to start giving a couple amiibo once the smash & SMB series runs through so hey why not

Torpoleon

is the read/write aspect of mario party even worth it
you just store an item

als i'd hope for a wooly world yoshi variant
presumably they have to start giving a couple amiibo once the smash & SMB series runs through so hey why not
Don't you unlock a character's amiibo board in MP?

A Woolly World Yoshi amiibo would make sense.

R_N

Don't you unlock a character's amiibo board in MP?

A Woolly World Yoshi amiibo would make sense.

You just scan the amiibo to play amiibo party. The only thing the read/write functionality does is let you store an item for amiibo party